J Toussaint - R Lester comparison

The title of the thread.

giphy.gif

I actually read the post after. My bad.

I am excited about J Toussaint bringing a different type of game to the Hawkeyes, something they have been lacking.

For anyone who has historical knowledge or insight, how does he compare coming out of high school to R. Lester, who was one of those, "Diamonds in the Rough" in a way of speaking, who made everyone else better around him.

And...I am talking about their reputation as high school recruits, not the finished products, which of course, is unknown at this point.

Let the kid play at least one game before comparing him to one of the great Hawks of all time.

Let the kid play at least one game before comparing him to one of the great Hawks of all time.
My invitation to a discussion was about a comparison of their high school careers, reputations, etc. and how they were rated coming into their first game and season.

My invitation to a discussion was about a comparison of their high school careers, reputations, etc. and how they were rated coming into their first game and season.
Not to mention all you did was ask questions and not even give your own opinion.

Did people seriously not read his post? All he did was ask older people how he compared to him coming out of high school. He never even gave his own personal opinion on the matter.
Go ahead and lie down on the couch before we get started.

Go ahead and lie down on the couch before we get started.

I don't even know what that means? I'm ready for you to start explaining any time now. I get that the title of the thread makes you think he's about to compare the two, but his post didn't at all. Did you not read the post? Did you already make up your mind what it was going to say before you read it? Or did you get a different take than I did? I'm lying down and ready to hear your take.

I don't even know what that means? I'm ready for you to start explaining any time now. I get that the title of the thread makes you think he's about to compare the two, but his post didn't at all. Did you not read the post? Did you already make up your mind what it was going to say before you read it? Or did you get a different take than I did? I'm lying down and ready to hear your take.
He literally stated: "how does he compare coming out of high school to R. Lester"

Thank you for lying down btw. You should know that couch has been doused with all sorts of bodily fluids over the last 2 decades. Lots of fun on that couch. ;)

He literally stated: "how does he compare coming out of high school to R. Lester"

Thank you for lying down btw. You should know that couch has been doused with all sorts of bodily fluids over the last 2 decades. Lots of fun on that couch. ;)

My first clue that he wasn't making a statement was he formed his sentence as a question. Then the question mark at the end confirmed it for me that it was in fact a question. I will concede that him having the word "compare" in there could make it tricky for some.

My first clue that he wasn't making a statement was he formed his sentence as a question. Then the question mark at the end confirmed it for me that it was in fact a question. I will concede that him having the word "compare" in there could make it tricky for some.
giphy.webp

I would be thrilled if by his sophomore year we are talking about how he compares to Ronnie. So gad I can say I got to watch Ronnie play. I hope Fran one day can make the program as successful as Lute but I realize one was a real coach who could develop a style of play that maximized players abilities and built winning basketball around those skills. The other coach just presents the same style of play regardless of what players he has. Still waiting for the current coach to learn and grow ......................

Latest posts