J-Bo's Tweet

I don't think so really:

"Coming in here being a kid from Wisconsin all I knew about college sports was the University of Wisconsin. I watched other things but I didn’t really know the level of rivalry between Iowa State and Iowa and how much it means to people who go to school here, past alumni, people who are just from Iowa. So it’s definitely something that you get immersed in quickly whether that be on the football scene or actually playing in it yourself. I think it’s definitely something fans make bigger than it really is. Going into it it’s really going to be another basketball game. Obviously emotions got a little hot last year but I think that just happens when there’s high competition."

He's one of the best players in the country. He should be playing as much as possible.

"It's a huge Rivalry; everyone takes it personal. Iowa, they take it personal and we do too."

"Tyrese talks about this game all the time..and we're playing for something bigger than just a basketball game".

- George Conditt IV Dec 10.

If Hawks win this evening when was the last time ISU beat Iowa in anything of significance? I can't even remember it has been so long. They are like a junior college now.

The announcers were saying last night during the Iowa/ISU women's game that for the Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series, Iowa has won football, womens soccer, wrestling, and as of last night womens basketball.

Almost like putting up billboards after winning the football game. That is pretty clownish stuff isn't it???

Well, in all honesty, putting up billboards isn't elementary school playground stuff. Mainly because there aren't billboards in elementary playgrounds and no elementary student (in Iowa) would have the cash to put up a billboard anyway.

Well, in all honesty, putting up billboards isn't elementary school playground stuff. Mainly because there aren't billboards in elementary playgrounds and no elementary student (in Iowa) would have the cash to put up a billboard anyway.

Jamie will be seething if they lose tonight. If it were at Carver I would play Van Halen's "Jamie's Cryin'" over the PA.

Last edited:
But Jamie Boy (leadership, not just a lowly player) throwing up a billboard in Cedar Rapids after beating Iowa, well that is just awesome strategy.

If we are talking about good trolling, that’s the definition of it. It’s over a decade later and you guys are still talking about it. Saying “lames” on twitter is the exact opposite of that. Nobody will remember in a week.

You think saying "lames" is good smack talk? Again, take that to my son's 3rd grade class and you might get somebody thinking it's a sick burn.

I don't think so really:

"Coming in here being a kid from Wisconsin all I knew about college sports was the University of Wisconsin. I watched other things but I didn’t really know the level of rivalry between Iowa State and Iowa and how much it means to people who go to school here, past alumni, people who are just from Iowa. So it’s definitely something that you get immersed in quickly whether that be on the football scene or actually playing in it yourself. I think it’s definitely something fans make bigger than it really is. Going into it it’s really going to be another basketball game. Obviously emotions got a little hot last year but I think that just happens when there’s high competition."

He's one of the best players in the country. He should be playing as much as possible.

You really think this was "smack" talk? It is basically like Clown fans saying "Tavern Hawk" or TEO, or the million other dumb little things they say.

If we are talking about good trolling, that’s the definition of it. It’s over a decade later and you guys are still talking about it. Saying “lames” on twitter is the exact opposite of that. Nobody will remember in a week.

Jamie is King of Lil Brother trolling. That is why he is worshiped by Clone fans. It was funny that I had to point out to you that ISU's winning % in football was so low under Jamie, as you and most Clown fans think that Jamie has ushered in the golden age of football for ISU. The real trolling by Jamie is convincing Clown fans he is a God.

I just don't see any upside to calling Ames Lames....I only see it as what it is bulletin board material for the clones Jbo ,as a senior, who has been around the block I would expect more from him. As far as him backing anything up, he's about to shut it down possibly because of injury for the season so I wouldn't bet the farm he can back up much of anything currently. I guessing Fran and staff would say WTF you doing Jbo???

Totally see your point and agree with it, but IMO it's a rivalry game. If an opponent needs bulletin board material to get fired up I see a problem. That said if it's being used as bulletin board material by ISU and getting them fired up it means at that point in time they're as caught up in what he said as they are on their game plan. I see it being counter productive.

I get that bulletin board isn't something you necessarily want, but at the same time if your in a teams head and know your in their head and can come out with matching intensity I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing.

You really think this was "smack" talk? It is basically like Clown fans saying "Tavern Hawk" or TEO, or the million other dumb little things they say.

I actually didn't think "Lames" was the good troll, but actually the pic of Prohm with his arms around him that made it pretty decent. He's like... yeah, the fans all remember the HC of ISU last year acting like a weirdo and coming over and grabbing me... so do I... here's a picture of it, let's get it on.

They're rivals for a reason. Everything they do toward each other is a slap in the face or a subtle cheap shot. It makes the rivalry what it is and if little things like that weren't blown out of proportion or stirring the pot in the slightest bit then it isn't a true rivalry. It may not be a game the equivalent of a teams "super bowl" or a championship, but I can guarantee it's not just another game for the fans or players involved.

I guess that I just see them different as a JUCO fan who's spent most his life enjoying the "War on 34" between SCC and Indian Hills. Not sure you'll find a more heated rivalry at any other level in sports, but definitely worth the show.

Totally see your point and agree with it, but IMO it's a rivalry game. If an opponent needs bulletin board material to get fired up I see a problem. That said if it's being used as bulletin board material by ISU and getting them fired up it means at that point in time they're as caught up in what he said as they are on their game plan. I see it being counter productive.

I get that bulletin board isn't something you necessarily want, but at the same time if your in a teams head and know your in their head and can come out with matching intensity I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing.
Yep definitely a rivalry game. Just think if you're gonna run smack you better make sure your hips can cash in what your mouth is saying. Because if you can't you risk looking like a fool.

Latest posts