Izzo

Reading most of the comments defending MSU were from their fans saying Izzo was only concerned about his"godson" Braydon Smith's condition. They all failed to mention that Izzo was pumping Smith for information about the incident. Got a feeling the conversation when a little like this: Izzo "Hey buddy how you holding up?" "Now this is what your dad and I am gonna need you to do...."

He's not law enforcement, he's not a lawyer, and he's not part of the university department responsible for these types of investigations. So ANY contact he had was inappropriate. Doesn't matter what was discussed.
Isn't it the same as witness tampering? What's the penalty for witness tampering?
If you are being investigated for a federal crime, you may be driven to try to destroy evidence or influence witnesses in your case. However, doing so will only make your situation worse and strengthen the case against you.

Instead of taking matters into your own hands, your attorney should be the one building a strong defense on your behalf and reassuring you with answers to any questions you may have. This is why you should retain an experienced Wallin & Klarich attorney as soon as possible to begin work on your case.

Let’s break down the two of the most common federal tampering crimes:

Tampering with Evidence (United States Code 18 Section 1519)

Tampering with witnesses will only get you in further legal trouble.
Recently, institutions such as banks and corporations have been in the news for “cooking the books,” or tampering with evidence. Under U.S. Code 18 Section 1519, it is illegal for a person to knowingly alter, conceal, falsify or destroy any record, document or tangible object with the intent to interfere with an investigation, possible investigation or any other proceeding by the federal government.

Examples of federal tampering crimes include:

• Making false entries in records;
  • Doctoring documents to hide illegal activity;
  • Avoiding taxes or other required payments; and
  • Destroying or altering documents in anticipation of an investigation that may occur in the future.
What is the Punishment for a Federal Evidence Tampering Conviction? (U.S. Code 18 Section 1519)
Under U.S. Code 18 Section 1519, federal evidence tampering can be charged as a felony and is punishable by up to 20 years in federal prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

Witness Intimidation (United States Code 18 Section 1512)
20 years in prison?

He's probably got a lot of big donors standing behind him waiting to toss him a boat load of cash to get him out of this mess.

Isn't it the same as witness tampering? What's the penalty for witness tampering?
If you are being investigated for a federal crime, you may be driven to try to destroy evidence or influence witnesses in your case. However, doing so will only make your situation worse and strengthen the case against you.

Instead of taking matters into your own hands, your attorney should be the one building a strong defense on your behalf and reassuring you with answers to any questions you may have. This is why you should retain an experienced Wallin & Klarich attorney as soon as possible to begin work on your case.

Let’s break down the two of the most common federal tampering crimes:

Tampering with Evidence (United States Code 18 Section 1519)

Tampering with witnesses will only get you in further legal trouble.
Recently, institutions such as banks and corporations have been in the news for “cooking the books,” or tampering with evidence. Under U.S. Code 18 Section 1519, it is illegal for a person to knowingly alter, conceal, falsify or destroy any record, document or tangible object with the intent to interfere with an investigation, possible investigation or any other proceeding by the federal government.

Examples of federal tampering crimes include:

• Making false entries in records;
  • Doctoring documents to hide illegal activity;
  • Avoiding taxes or other required payments; and
  • Destroying or altering documents in anticipation of an investigation that may occur in the future.
What is the Punishment for a Federal Evidence Tampering Conviction? (U.S. Code 18 Section 1519)
Under U.S. Code 18 Section 1519, federal evidence tampering can be charged as a felony and is punishable by up to 20 years in federal prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

Witness Intimidation (United States Code 18 Section 1512)
20 years in prison?
Right?! I was like what's all this talk about his job being at stake? How about him being charged with a serious crime. Good lord.

Michigan State basketball and Penn State football are two peas in a pod.

and I wish the Big Ten would kick them BOTH out, especially Pedo State. They don't deserve to have a football program after what has happened let alone enjoying the benefits of being in the Big Ten.

I was just pondering what NCAA sports would look like this coming year. After reading this thread it made me think the NCAA should consider a major realignment, for basketball anyway, and have two levels; 1. A super conference for those schools where it's win at all costs; call it the 'Do Whatever You Want' division seeded by schools like Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Memphis, probably Louisville, and Michgian St, that ilk. 2. The schools that want to run a clean program, like us.

and I wish the Big Ten would kick them BOTH out, especially Pedo State. They don't deserve to have a football program after what has happened let alone enjoying the benefits of being in the Big Ten.
And Nebraska, who not only dismissed two players today but banned them from campus.

Not to worry. Frost will replace them with two more.

I was just pondering what NCAA sports would look like this coming year. After reading this thread it made me think the NCAA should consider a major realignment, for basketball anyway, and have two levels; 1. A super conference for those schools where it's win at all costs; call it the 'Do Whatever You Want' division seeded by schools like Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Memphis, probably Louisville, and Michgian St, that ilk. 2. The schools that want to run a clean program, like us.

So we have the NBA. And the G-League. Would this be the M(oney)-League?

And Nebraska, who not only dismissed two players today but banned them from campus.

Not to worry. Frost will replace them with two more.

I'll excuse that, what Pedo State & MSU did was inexcusable. They enabled a pedophile and covered up for them.

I'll excuse that, what Pedo State & MSU did was inexcusable. They enabled a pedophile and covered up for them.
Both of the most recent Nebraska cases were sexual assault related which is also inexcusable. And there is a pattern among Nebraska athletes. Go back five years and we never did find out the bottom of the Tommy Armstrong/Jordan Westerkamp incident. Who knows if the victims were paid to keep quiet.

Didn't their quarterback Martinez knock a volleyball player up last summer or early fall? He should be a daddy any day now.

Nebraska has had decades of low life's, many of whom were allowed to keep playing.

This has become the issue with many schools. These players are young kids who make mistakes and things are bound to happen all over the country. The real issue is there are a few schools out there that have this happen all the time and as stated the offenders get to keep playing with little to no serious consequences for in some cases very serious crimes.

The NCAA is a complete joke and I have no confidence that they will ever lower the hammer on the extreme offenders whether it be academic cheating, illegal payments, or universities with discipline problems

Both of the most recent Nebraska cases were sexual assault related which is also inexcusable. And there is a pattern among Nebraska athletes. Go back five years and we never did find out the bottom of the Tommy Armstrong/Jordan Westerkamp incident. Who knows if the victims were paid to keep quiet.

Didn't their quarterback Martinez knock a volleyball player up last summer or early fall? He should be a daddy any day now.

So how does a girl getting pregnant compare to the subject of assault unless it is assault?

Our minds go to the worst possible motives. But, let's hang on for a second. We don't know what the nature of the contact was, what was said, why did he contact her (was he requested to do so), are there any notes/recordings of the contact. After these, and some other basic questions are answered, can we legitimately comment on the appropriateness of the contact. Admittedly, it doesn't look good, but I'd like to hear more facts about the event.

You're thinking like a lawyer.... damn you.

Latest posts