Izzo

This is suppose to be a surprise or something? The man is a piece of *&%$. The whole administration at that institution is just as corrupt. Why anyone would be foolish enough to send their daughter to that place after the things that have been exposed there over the last few years is completely beyond me. It's not like there aren't other choices.

I truly wish both they and Pedofile State were gone from the BIG. This stuff is disgusting. We live in a nation of societal deviants and deviant protectors. Its pathetic.

I have daughters around the age of Lambert. I hesitate to think what I might like to do to an Izzo and his ilk if they came close to them. Tom would make good carp food.

Whoops.

Well, lucky for him the country's attention is focused elsewhere. He'll skate somehow.
I bet you're right... Wish ya weren't but this will not be leading Sports Center or any other sports news outlets. You can find it on their website if you look for it. But the powers that be in Bristol won't even come close to touching that topic in a large meaningful way. Not until they'd have to anyway but will it come to that..

Our minds go to the worst possible motives. But, let's hang on for a second. We don't know what the nature of the contact was, what was said, why did he contact her (was he requested to do so), are there any notes/recordings of the contact. After these, and some other basic questions are answered, can we legitimately comment on the appropriateness of the contact. Admittedly, it doesn't look good, but I'd like to hear more facts about the event.

Our minds go to the worst possible motives. But, let's hang on for a second. We don't know what the nature of the contact was, what was said, why did he contact her (was he requested to do so), are there any notes/recordings of the contact. After these, and some other basic questions are answered, can we legitimately comment on the appropriateness of the contact. Admittedly, it doesn't look good, but I'd like to hear more facts about the event.

I had similar thoughts.....I will let everyone do their own homework and form their own conclusions.

That might be true but surely he should have had better judgement than to do that, knowing what the accusation was. Did Alford do that in the Pierre Pierce thing?

He's not law enforcement, he's not a lawyer, and he's not part of the university department responsible for these types of investigations. So ANY contact he had was inappropriate. Doesn't matter what was discussed.

He's not law enforcement, he's not a lawyer, and he's not part of the university department responsible for these types of investigations. So ANY contact he had was inappropriate. Doesn't matter what was discussed.
I wouldn't want you on my jury. :)

It's not like this is the first time Izzo has either tried to negate or ignore sexual assault involving his players, or in one case, his asst. coach.

At this day and age and considering the current landscape in athletics all college coaches regardless of what level have some basic training on these situations and I have no doubt in my mind that Michigan State has extra training that their coaches attend for situations exactly like the one being discussed based on the money involved and the higher profile of the University.

Izzo knew what he was doing and knew he should not contact the victim but did anyway. Why did he do that? Do you think it was to apologize or to offer condolences? Regardless of what was said there should have been no contact period and the main reason is the optics and transparency of it. Maybe his intentions were noble but he shouldn't have done it

If this is true it is my opinion that this would be grounds for immediate termination and unless he had some kind of legal wizard draw up his contract the University should not need to pay his contract out for being terminated for something like this.

I don't like Izzo but if this was Fran or KF I would feel the same way

Probably not a great idea to contact a witness in a sexual assault case for any reason if you're a head coach especially at Spartyville. What could he possibly say that wouldn't be problematic?

Latest posts