Izzo

HawkeyeTech

I couldn't believe Izzo had the nerve to complain to the officials about a non-call on Nebby at the end of the game after the royal treatment Sparty got today. MSU was in the bonus before their first foul and were in the double bonus before they had four called on them. What a whiner.

I find it interesting that some referees carry on lengthy conversations with Izzo. Ever see them do that with other Big Ten coaches? Izzo has their ear. Special treatment.

I find it interesting that some referees carry on lengthy conversations with Izzo. Ever see them do that with other Big Ten coaches? Izzo has their ear. Special treatment.

They won't go anywhere near Fran during the game. But yeah I have never liked how chatty the officials are with Izzo.

They won't go anywhere near Fran during the game. But yeah I have never liked how chatty the officials are with Izzo.

Ive noticed that Izzo will call full timeouts and he spends 45 seconds of it chatting with referees outside his team huddle and the referees just stand there and chat it up with him. What are they talking about? Why is the referee allowed to go near their huddle and have a convo with a head coach..but doesn't do it to the opposing coach?? Michigan State and Izzo are definitely treated differently than other Big 10 teams when it comes to officiating. Without a doubt.

My favorite part of the game was when Izzo had a Jud Heathcote moment, anyone else see patented Judd style hands on the head?

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

Izzo is in their ear during every TV timeout, before the game starts, at half time, before the start of the second half, from the sidelines during the game. On the bus ride home from his cell phone. Right before bed time on the week nights.

It is sickening, like today, when payne did not get fouled on that fastbreak miss and Izzo acted like someone stole his puppy.

Izzo is in their ear during every TV timeout, before the game starts, at half time, before the start of the second half, from the sidelines during the game. On the bus ride home from his cell phone. Right before bed time on the week nights.

Calls them at 3 am, meets them for dinner the night before the game, etc.

If a coach talked to me that much I would do the opposite of giving them special treatment.

They talk to him like they're buddies though and that's really irritating.

Wrong. If the dean of big ten coaches who is tremendously respected by the entire basketball world wanted a fairly polite word or two with you, you would oblige. By not obliging, you run the risk of being perceived as stone walling him which may not be good for your officiating career.

I couldn't believe Izzo had the nerve to complain to the officials about a non-call on Nebby at the end of the game after the royal treatment Sparty got today. MSU was in the bonus before their first foul and were in the double bonus before they had four called on them. What a whiner.

Is that the first time you've ever watched a Michigan State game?

The league needs to do something about this. They need to tell their officials there is a perception of favorable treatment (perception is an optional word here). Bilas in the MSU game at Iowa called him out for it. Fran got a T and Izzo did more in objecting to a call and didn't get a T. It's bullshat really...there no place for it. They need to keep it professional and short. I'm tired of watching his team mug people and they get away with it.

There should be a rule that coaches can not talk to refs unless spoken to first by the ref. Or maybe better yet not at all. Refs should wear ear plugs. Whistles should be developed that make an electronic pulse so that the refs can know when another ref blows a whistle.

Needling, yelling and harassing refs by coaches does affect their decisions. It is an unfair advantage for the most obnoxious and verbose coaches.

I didn't watch most of the MSU-Neb game but every time I turned it to the channel Izzo was talking with a ref.

He and Ryan just make me sick.......I hope we crush Wisky this weekend.......and Frannymac busts a chair over Bozo's back..........

I've also wondered why TV Ted Valentine hasn't done many Michigan State games. I'm almost betting money that it is either him, the crew from the MSU game in IC (Including Izzo-lover Mike Sanzere), or the crew including the ref who T-s up Fran (see UNI game) will be in East Lansing. You better believe Izzo will have who he wants in EL when the Hawks come to town. I'm also betting TV Ted is just gearing up for the Big Ten tournament as well.

I can't stand Izzo....at all. It's not his whining, b!tching, moaning, crying, etc. It's how he teaches the game of basketball. He takes a game that used to be defined by athleticism, fast-paced action, and fluid motion and turns it into football on the court. It's freaking ridiculous.

I can't stand Izzo....at all. It's not his whining, b!tching, moaning, crying, etc. It's how he teaches the game of basketball. He takes a game that used to be defined by athleticism, fast-paced action, and fluid motion and turns it into football on the court. It's freaking ridiculous.

Your frustration seems misdirected and is being addressed by the officials with the emphasis on illegal contact.