Izzo done?!

Here will be MSU basketball's saving or undoing.

The police report on the 2010 rape by 2 players and what the woman reported. The Michigan State Police wanted to charge. The prosecutor did not. If there is evidence of a cover-up or pressure to deny, then there will be trouble. The football team with so many different charges, it would be reasonably indicative of at least some guilt that will be provable. Given the size difference between basketball and football, it would be hard to make a case that one is better or worse than the other.

This will be a litmus test to see whether bring up old charges could be done against other universities. Iowa potentially does have it's own history.

As we support what is happening at MSU and with some enjoying seeing the implosion (justice should be served), like it or not, this could have far reaching implications. Is ESPN being trashy or is someone actually doing investigating journalism?

According to the ESPN report, a student said that in 2010, incoming basketball players Keith Appling and Adreian Payne cornered her in their dorm room and raped her. She told police that Appling removed her underwear, and that the two men took her to the ground and penetrated her vaginally, orally, and anally, during which time she repeatedly told them to stop. A police report obtained by Outside the Lines revealed that Payne told police he could “understand how she would feel that she was not free to leave.” Appling did not speak with the police, but told Outside the Lines that the interaction was consensual. No charges were filed, and an independent attorney’s Title IX investigation concluded that same year that no university policies were violated.

One of the reports. I am not able to find the report for the physical assault in the restaurant report.
upload_2018-1-27_8-39-4.png

Ashley Thompson case:

“He started speaking with us, and I’m like, ‘I’m sorry. Can you just give us a moment?’” Thompson told Outside the Lines. “And he was like, ‘You don’t know who I am?’ And I was like, ‘I really don’t care who you are.’ And he kind of got angry at that point, and I told him to not-so-politely F-off.”

She says Walton — who at the time was an undergraduate student assistant coach under Tom Izzo — instantly became angry.

“I barely got the words out of my mouth, and he came across and he struck me on the right side of my face,” she says. “I kind of reached back toward him, and I didn’t make contact, and then that’s when he swung with a second reach and hit me on the left side of my face and hit me so hard that it knocked me backwards off of my barstool.”

The East Lansing Police Department spoke with two witnesses who corroborated Thompson’s account of the evening, and issued his arrest warrant on counts of misdemeanor assault and battery. Two months after pleading not guilty, Walton had his case dismissed, with the city attorneys letting him plead his case down to a civil infraction for littering. Thompson told OTL she was “absolutely livid,” and “heartbroken,” but that the same city attorneys advised her against running a complaint through the university.

Ashley Thompson case:

“He started speaking with us, and I’m like, ‘I’m sorry. Can you just give us a moment?’” Thompson told Outside the Lines. “And he was like, ‘You don’t know who I am?’ And I was like, ‘I really don’t care who you are.’ And he kind of got angry at that point, and I told him to not-so-politely F-off.”

She says Walton — who at the time was an undergraduate student assistant coach under Tom Izzo — instantly became angry.

“I barely got the words out of my mouth, and he came across and he struck me on the right side of my face,” she says. “I kind of reached back toward him, and I didn’t make contact, and then that’s when he swung with a second reach and hit me on the left side of my face and hit me so hard that it knocked me backwards off of my barstool.”

The East Lansing Police Department spoke with two witnesses who corroborated Thompson’s account of the evening, and issued his arrest warrant on counts of misdemeanor assault and battery. Two months after pleading not guilty, Walton had his case dismissed, with the city attorneys letting him plead his case down to a civil infraction for littering. Thompson told OTL she was “absolutely livid,” and “heartbroken,” but that the same city attorneys advised her against running a complaint through the university.

Wow, that last paragraph is damning. Those city attorneys could be in some hot water as well. So dirty.

Hey, how about the former prosecutor up there during some of these alleged sexual assaults at MSU doing time for prostitution related charges?

And MSU still billing the mother of one of Nasser's "patients" for his "examinations".

What a classy community. Makes Happy Valley look almost like Provo.

Oh God. Is someone now going to tell about some bad shit going down in Provo??

Bar Stool Spartans on twitter is claiming Dantonio and Izzo both will resign. NO evidence at all, just to be clear.

It'll be interesting to see how the fans up there respond to all this. Izzos hands are dirty, Dantonios are filthy. Do they back both of them as though nothing has happened? It's one thing that the President and AD have decided to run and hide. It's another when it comes to the faces of their money making programs. That board of theirs which is pretty darn dirty as well will have some more house cleaning to do before there's a cap on this. The next few weeks/months will be interesting. Heck maybe days as fast as this has all gone.

Latest posts