I’ve Watched That Movie Before

I thought everyone and their brother on HN said that was CM??

Not sure what they are watching, but he never looked like a BIG PG to me in High School. A Big Ten Outfielder yes :)
State Title Game last year also I didn't think Patrick looked the part. Didn't even know he was out there most the game.

Not sure what they are watching, but he never looked like a BIG PG to me in High School. A Big Ten Outfielder yes :)
State Title Game last year also I didn't think Patrick looked the part. Didn't even know he was out there most the game.
Baseball is the sport I've had the most personal success playing and coaching, and also the sport I feel most qualified to talk about the nuances and gameplay.

In my honest opinion watching his swing, CM has a bunch of potential to get paid polying that sport at some level, and on top of that he's got a couple extraneous traits that a lot of guys don't that would help him.

1) His height. Guys as tall as him can make some SERIOUS bat speed that others don't if he learns to shorten his swing.

2) He's a lefty.

3) Money. What holds a lot of guys back from toughing through the minors is money. You don't get paid dick and that grind of sleeping on couches and eating Taco Bell for four years before you hopefully bust out is murder. Connor would have the luxury of better off season training opportunities and not having to live like a pauper or worry about whether he should get a job or keep focusing on playing.

College is definitely not the best way to the majors, if he really wants to be a pro athlete the best way there would be to work the MiLB system for a while because I think he'd have a legit shot. But...playing B1G basketball has to be way more fun if nothing else.

I’ve never been in total agreement with that take. I think part of what made him special was his passing ability. When he was playing PG he put up some really good assist numbers and our offense looked really good. This year he’s played more off the ball and our offense so far is actually looking worse than last year. But to your point we won’t know what he could do with a true point guard who could set him up for a bunch of wide open 3s.

No matter where he is defense is a liability.

When Bo was playing PG he would score in transition shooting a three before the D was set. He seemed adept at that and those opportunities are not as frequent this season. We need more motion and ball movement to get open which should benefit everyone on the team.....

:cool:

Baseball is the sport I've had the most personal success playing and coaching, and also the sport I feel most qualified to talk about the nuances and gameplay.

In my honest opinion watching his swing, CM has a bunch of potential to get paid polying that sport at some level, and on top of that he's got a couple extraneous traits that a lot of guys don't that would help him.

1) His height. Guys as tall as him can make some SERIOUS bat speed that others don't if he learns to shorten his swing.

2) He's a lefty.

3) Money. What holds a lot of guys back from toughing through the minors is money. You don't get paid dick and that grind of sleeping on couches and eating Taco Bell for four years before you hopefully bust out is murder. Connor would have the luxury of better off season training opportunities and not having to live like a pauper or worry about whether he should get a job or keep focusing on playing.

College is definitely not the best way to the majors, if he really wants to be a pro athlete the best way there would be to work the MiLB system for a while because I think he'd have a legit shot. But...playing B1G basketball has to be way more fun if nothing else.

Not to mention Rick Heller's program right now is one of the most advanced player development programs in the country. Could take him a long ways. He'll be a serviceable nice basketball player, not knocking him at all, he just isn't that lightning quick All Big Ten PG we've all been clamoring for.

Didn’t tonight’s game seem the same as every road game we played last year? We’d often come out shoot well and hang around for awhile while the home team had a layup and dunk contest. As soon as Iowa’s offense hit a slump you’d look up at the scoreboard down 10-15 and say what happened?

At a certain point you have to wonder if this team can win on the road. If they want to get to 10 wins in this league they are going to have to win at least a few road games.
Another rerun of the Iowa basketball team on the road? I cringed when the BTN guy guaranteed this would be a close game, clearly he hasn’t seen Iowa play on the road the last two seasons.

Didn’t tonight’s game seem the same as every road game we played last year? We’d often come out shoot well and hang around for awhile while the home team had a layup and dunk contest. As soon as Iowa’s offense hit a slump you’d look up at the scoreboard down 10-15 and say what happened?

At a certain point you have to wonder if this team can win on the road. If they want to get to 10 wins in this league they are going to have to win at least a few road games.

Yep.

And it's gotten old.

Not sure what else to say.

I see some shooters (when open) on this team and I see a few athletes. I don't see anyone that possesses both traits. Guess I probably need to stop watching other teams on TV. It makes me realize some of what we're missing.

We could have used some of that Garza heart and boxer mentality on the floor tonight.

Purdue replacing 4 starters is one of the easiest games we will get all year, Yea! The final play of the first half showed it all. Edwards blowing past 3 defenders scoring an easy lay-up. No one stopped the dribble, no one. There is no rotation on defense, the offense just jacks up a 3 or Cook drives to the basket. Fran, where is our offense? Garza being out is absolute murder for us and with Pemsl being out Nunge is desperately needed. I shut off the game tonight because I just can't stomach watching the opponents we play laughing, celebrating, and having so much fun at our expense. I've seen way too much of that the last couple of years.