I've had enough of this experiment

Playmaker

Nice enough guy....intense....seems motivated. However, this is year 5 and we still have ZERO Guard play or inside game to speak of. ISU rebuilds on the total fly 2-3 times per decade....there is no excuse for this to be taking so long...NOT if Fran is the answer.

There's nothing more meatbally and annoying (and ineveitable) than college sports fan calling out the coach.

Guys aren't developing fast enough. Gabe has gotten better but none of the other players have improved each season. They might play better for a period of time but then regress.

Marble 100% got better but I really can't think of another player under Fran who actually has gotten better since he arrived on campus each year.

That is the biggest thing that worries me. Player progression because it's pretty damn bad. Some of that is coaching but other reasons is probably just pure talent and Iowa doesn't have a lot.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Stole my thunder

Just like football, need to recruit better if you wanna reach the next level.

Guys aren't developing fast enough. Gabe has gotten better but none of the other players have improved each season. They might play better for a period of time but then regress.

Marble 100% got better but I really can't think of another player under Fran who actually has gotten better since he arrived on campus each year.

That is the biggest thing that worries me. Player progression because it's pretty damn bad.

It's the Jim's and the Joes's not player development. We are not recruiting Top 100 guards. gessell is our only one and he's our best guard. But we need athletic perimeter players that can create and make shots.

Morris, Long, and BDJ would all be the best guards on our team. They all have natural athleticism and skills that our players don't. Nobody recruited Clemmons, Jok, or Elingson and there is a reason.

It is not a player development issue.

It's the Jim's and the Joes's not player development. We are not recruiting Top 100 guards. gessell is our only one and he's our best guard. But we need athletic perimeter players that can create and make shots.

Morris, Long, and BDJ would all be the best guards on our team. They all have natural athleticism and skills that our players don't. Nobody recruited Clemmons, Jok, or Elingson and there is a reason.

Basabe never really got better after a strong freshman season. He was a Fran guy from day 1. I think he was athletic.

Gessel and Woobury were big gets. Gessel isn't getting better. Woodbury has improved but still isn't where I thought he'd be.

Basabe never really got better after a strong freshman season. He was a Fran guy from day 1. I think he was athletic.

Gessel and Woobury were big gets. Gessel isn't getting better. Woodbury has improved but still isn't where I thought he'd be.

basabe was an undersized power forward that nobody wanted. He put stats on a bad team as a freshman.

Gessel is better and he's a good enough player, he's limited in terms of size, athletiscm, and surrounding talent.

Last edited:
bandage was an undersized power forward that nobody wanted. He put stats on a bad team as a freshman.

Gessel is better and he's a good enough player, he's limited in terms of size, athletiscm, and surrounding talent.
His three point shooting is almost the same as when he came here, and his free throw shooting is worse. His scoring average also has declined since his freshman season.

Recruiting is so pivotal for any kind of development in a program.

These players need to get better overall if you want to hang with the big boys.

It would not hurt if Iowa got some of these players with one year of eligibility. Sometimes you need to take that chance.

Uhl, Ellingson & Dickerson need some maturation, but are forced to play because our team does not have strong players after the ISU game.

We've got Hutton, Fleming, Moss & Wagner for 2015 recruits in the fold along with who is returning.

We need to better overall.

We're going to get our #@$#$ handed to us in the BIG. Sucky ISU hammers us without their two best players. And they stalled the last 5 minutes.

Couldn't agree more with this. It is about recruiting....we simply do not have enough talent on the floor

It's unfortunate that the state of the program seems more like this should be Year #2 versus Year #5 of the Fran regime.

Hey at least you guys didn't get it absolutely handed to you on your home court by a team playing without two of their best players. How did those four year recruits of Frans match up vs those four year recruits of fred. Niang morris long? #DoingItTheRightWay. Waiting for your synopsis deanvogs and hawkeyemike where ya at??

This program started a steady downturn after the Ohio State win last year. This year, I felt, was an illusion because of the horrendous guard play(shooting.) Our recruiting is subpar, to say the least. I don't know how many glaring deficiencies Iowa State exposed, but it had to be about all of them.I'll tip my hat to Iowa State. That was a true curb stomping.

Latest posts