The Fever have blossomed into a Solid Team

They have turned the corner and have accepted playing Caitlin Ball

They deferred to her skills and have dropped all Bias and have accepted letting
her run the team

Theu are lightning fast bringing the ball downcourt, everyone on the roster
has developed into teamplay

Fun to watch, almost every game can be found on Youtube TV, and I am severly
hurt paying for the WNBA League Pass

Caitlin has the ability to bring out the best of each and every one of her teammates

It's All Good, Lads

What's interesting is that when the Fever started the season 1-7, CClark was the team's leading scorer in 5 of those 8 games. Since then, during their 6-2 run, she's been the team's leading scorer in only 2 of the 8 games.

The Fever are 7-10 after a 1-8 start. Some reasons for the slow start.

The Fever played its first 11 games in 20 days while other teams played as few as 6 games the first 20 days. The Fever had no chance to practice together.

Of their 10 losses, 6 were to the 2 best teams in the league. Now that the Fever are playing worse teams in June,
the Fever are looking better.

It also seemed to me that Boston showed up out of shape to start the season. Now that Boston is in shape, Boston is looking better.

Clark was getting so much physical attention, Clark was not shooting well in early games. Shifting the focus to a more balanced scoring with a 3-headed monster between Boston, Mitchel and Clark seems to have helped improve Clark's shhoting.

With that said, the Fever are not suddenly the league's best team, but they are more Middle of the pack now, with a playoff bid likely as a 7th or 8th seed.

Angel Reese really stepped up yesterday. She was the best player on the floor. Hate to say that because I don't find her to be a nice person, but she was a monster on the boards and in the paint.

CC had a really nice game. She is developing into a true PG with her distributing the ball and running the offense. She shot well, but man these WNBA guards can suffocate on D. They pick her up at half court and stay in her hip pocket.

I will say down the stretch I thought CC deferred too much. She didn't do anything wrong and she put her teammates in good positions to win the game, but they missed. I would not have minded CC being a bit more selfish the last few minutes and taking the game into her own hands as a shooter. She is still finding her place. I love that she played the whole game. Iowa tough.

Angel Reese really stepped up yesterday. She was the best player on the floor. Hate to say that because I don't find her to be a nice person, but she was a monster on the boards and in the paint.

CC had a really nice game. She is developing into a true PG with her distributing the ball and running the offense. She shot well, but man these WNBA guards can suffocate on D. They pick her up at half court and stay in her hip pocket.

I will say down the stretch I thought CC deferred too much. She didn't do anything wrong and she put her teammates in good positions to win the game, but they missed. I would not have minded CC being a bit more selfish the last few minutes and taking the game into her own hands as a shooter. She is still finding her place. I love that she played the whole game. Iowa tough.
The idiot head coach can't figure out her place. On Sunday against the Sky she controlled the game as the point guard through 3 quarters. Fourth quarter comes and Christie Sides installs Erica Wheeler at point guard and Clark is relegated to playing decoy and the 15 point lead evaporates. She had 13 assists to start the 4th quarter and 18 points. That's where it ended. Indiana needs to decide if Clark belongs in the system that Sides is trying to run or trade her. Those two do not work well together and some others on that team as well.

The idiot head coach can't figure out her place. On Sunday against the Sky she controlled the game as the point guard through 3 quarters. Fourth quarter comes and Christie Sides installs Erica Wheeler at point guard and Clark is relegated to playing decoy and the 15 point lead evaporates. She had 13 assists to start the 4th quarter and 18 points. That's where it ended. Indiana needs to decide if Clark belongs in the system that Sides is trying to run or trade her. Those two do not work well together and some others on that team as well.
Well, Clark actually had her hands on the ball a lot the last 2 minutes of the game and was playing the PG position at that point. Problem is she gets a lot of double-teams whenever she moves toward the wings or corners, then has to pass out. With about 20 seconds left and trailing by 1, I think, the Fever ran a play, knowing that the Sky would switch every screen. Clark had the ball at the top of the key, and when the Sky switched, she had a Big on her and the idea was for her to blow past her and drive the lane for a layup -- and if it wasn't there, to pass it back to Boston. The play worked perfectly, Clark could have easily blown past their Big, and the lane was wide open -- but instead she passed the ball back. Am pretty sure that's what Sides was pointing out to Clark during the next timeout.
When double-teamed, Clark HAS to pass; but whenever she's 1-on-1 at the end, she's gotta drive or shoot the rock.

Well, Clark actually had her hands on the ball a lot the last 2 minutes of the game and was playing the PG position at that point. Problem is she gets a lot of double-teams whenever she moves toward the wings or corners, then has to pass out. With about 20 seconds left and trailing by 1, I think, the Fever ran a play, knowing that the Sky would switch every screen. Clark had the ball at the top of the key, and when the Sky switched, she had a Big on her and the idea was for her to blow past her and drive the lane for a layup -- and if it wasn't there, to pass it back to Boston. The play worked perfectly, Clark could have easily blown past their Big, and the lane was wide open -- but instead she passed the ball back. Am pretty sure that's what Sides was pointing out to Clark during the next timeout.
When double-teamed, Clark HAS to pass; but whenever she's 1-on-1 at the end, she's gotta drive or shoot the rock.
Bingo. There are still some growing pains and trying to meld a young team. I don't think Side's system is the issue. When this team is on, they are deadly. But, they are still young and look out of sync at times. Boston and Clark are growing some serious chemistry. Boston is figuring out that Clark's passing can make her an all-star. She is still rounding back into shape after an injury.

I think Clark is operating within the space she is given, but as a rookie, she still seems to want to defer a bit in a way she never did at Iowa. Hell, she would attack and shoot off triple teams. She is getting used to the better and more athletic defenders. In time, I think she will be more comfortable not deferring and putting the game in her own hands down the stretch. That said, even Jordan had to pass to a wide open Kerr when he was doubled. That is what greatness does.

I just think Indiana ran out of gas. They played road games Friday night and Sun Afternoon. They were pushing an up tempo pace that worked for 3.5 quarters. Then they stopped making baskets. Maybe Clark felt tired too which is why she did not shoot herself in the last 2 minutes

One thing: The Sky didn't have too many empty possessions in the fourth quarter, thus limited fast break opportunities

Boston sat too long when The Angel was unstoppable

If Caitlin's teammates had taken advantage of receiving
her passes, being Wide Open for a layup, they would have won the
hotly contested battle

Why didn't the Fever coach call timeouts earlier in the 4th quarter to give the team a rest, and take away some of the Sky's momentum, why the F... did she Not call the TO

She has to learn to use her brain during the heat of the moment and the game

It was criminal not to give Caitlin the green light the entire game especially in the Damn 4th Quarter

Who else do you want taking the money shot other than Seth Curry

Latest posts