It's Time For Kris To Get Bohannon's Starting Spot

Lost in all of this was CMac's shooting (4-7 from 3s). Move him to the 2 guard and give him JBo's minutes.

Ok - the 2nd sentence was sarcasm.
Why was it sarcasm?

Our best 5 is JT/Uhlis, Patrick, Keegan, Kris, and Flip. That is the starting 5. PM can play the 2. He was guarding small guards last night and up in their face. If they drive by him his length makes up for his lack of foot speed. He is not a natural 2, but could play it. Imagine the length of that starting line-up?

We win when we control the glass. That 5 would control the glass, can score, and has length that would be a real matchup problem for the opponent.

Why was it sarcasm?

Our best 5 is JT/Uhlis, Patrick, Keegan, Kris, and Flip. That is the starting 5. PM can play the 2. He was guarding small guards last night and up in their face. If they drive by him his length makes up for his lack of foot speed. He is not a natural 2, but could play it. Imagine the length of that starting line-up?

We win when we control the glass. That 5 would control the glass, can score, and has length that would be a real matchup problem for the opponent.
Worth a shot... How could it be worse? I think that lineup would rebound noticeably better and offensively they'd space the floor and make mismatches all over. I'd like to see the lineup employed for a stretch anyway

It's probably 90% mental as you've said. He's physically in better shape now then he was when he was playing with his hips hobbling 3-4 yrs ago or however long ago that was already. Part of it is also teams guard him different so his touches are fewer and farther inbetween now that he's playing the 2. Making it impossible to get in a flow for shooting. Whens the last time he hit 2 or 3 threes in a row in a short time frame? Never cause if/when he does hit one teams bears down on him more.

I'd say he's capable of playing well for a game here and there but that'd be about it. He's not going to have 3 games in a row where he has 12 plus points and plays well he's just not

I should throw in there the dynamic of this team being what it is. He played with a Tyler Cook and Garza most of his career. Team was inside out with bigs that got a lot of touches. He also had guys like Moss and Weiskamp who were shooters/scoring threats as well. We don't play that way now or have other scoring threats to worry about. Teams worry about the Murrays and that's about it for us now.

To shift the topic If CM didn't get hurt and kept nailing shots PSU woulda gladly took the L and just tipped their cap. The odds of what he did happening let alone continuing had to be less than zero. I was happy to see him have a great game. Sucks he got hurt.
Ya the CMac injury was interesting. He launched the 3 and then shortly after that shot he hung his right arm like someone hammered his funny bone. Replay showed no contact on the shot from the Penn St. defender. Replay also showed were CMac a few plays earlier chased the Penn St. dude down and hacked him......I mean cleanly stripped the ball. Perhaps he hurt the shoulder/ arm on that play. As far as CMac continuing to drain 3s, Penn St. showed him a little respect the second half and didn't give him the space they did that 1st half. I was happy for him that he tweaked his release and trajectory. My only question is why did that correction take so long?

Ya the CMac injury was interesting. He launched the 3 and then shortly after that shot he hung his right arm like someone hammered his funny bone. Replay showed no contact on the shot from the Penn St. defender. Replay also showed were CMac a few plays earlier chased the Penn St. dude down and hacked him......I mean cleanly stripped the ball. Perhaps he hurt the shoulder/ arm on that play. As far as CMac continuing to drain 3s, Penn St. showed him a little respect the second half and didn't give him the space they did that 1st half. I was happy for him that he tweaked his release and trajectory. My only question is why did that correction take so long?
They interviewed CM and he said he got an inadvertent knee to the bicep from Lundy when he was trying to strip the ball from him.

I was a proponent of JBo coming back for one last hurrah...however, after the Hawk guards shockingly go 0-18 from the field in a winnable game, while he being a part of this madness, I am now squarely on the side of more time for others at the #2.

Let's be honest with ourselves. The talent level on this team is sorely lacking. We have NO PG that can control the game. We have no SG that can play on both ends of the court. Our team is built around an undersized interior with no legit C to patrol the paint on D and limited offensive skills to force the D to collapse.

Assuming Rebraca is the only SR coming back next year and our recruiting doesn't improve, we are in for a long dry spell of racking up some losing seasons moving forward.

Fran needs to hit the damn transfer portal hard this offseason and bring in a big man and swing SG.

Does Bowen move into the starting PG position? He's got good court vision and has a scorers mentality or does he stay with Ulis / Toussaint?

My early starting 5:

PG - Ulis
SG - PMac
SF - Murray
PF - Murray
C -Rebraca

Let's be honest with ourselves. The talent level on this team is sorely lacking. We have NO PG that can control the game. We have no SG that can play on both ends of the court. Our team is built around an undersized interior with no legit C to patrol the paint on D and limited offensive skills to force the D to collapse.

Assuming Rebraca is the only SR coming back next year and our recruiting doesn't improve, we are in for a long dry spell of racking up some losing seasons moving forward.

Fran needs to hit the damn transfer portal hard this offseason and bring in a big man and swing SG.

Does Bowen move into the starting PG position? He's got good court vision and has a scorers mentality or does he stay with Ulis / Toussaint?

My early starting 5:

PG - Ulis
SG - PMac
SF - Murray
PF - Murray
C -Rebraca
Bowen is a real pg. Passer and scorer. He should be plugged straight in and just accept the transition pains.