IT'S THE COACHING FOLKS!! HELLO McFly

seepig

Just some cannon fodder for the masses. How does the Genius Bill Snyder do it? When you look at performance crossed with recruiting it's disturbing how ineffective KF and his staff really are. Here's my proof:

KSU IOWA
W Rec. Rank Pts. W Rec. Rank Pts.
2014 2-1 49 101 2-1 55 65

2013 7-5 61 401 8-4 58 328

2012 11-1 74 505 4-8 40 232

So I ask ALL Hawkeye Fans how can you possibly stand behind this coaching staff when these 2 programs are so similar it's scary. Either Bill Snyder is genius, and I think he's pretty darn good, and/or KF and his Merry Band of mental midgets are woefully underperforming.

Snyder has won 30% more games than Ferentz over this time span

K-State's recruiting classes have consistently ranked LOWER than Iowa's and avg. is 61st while Iowa's is 51st (which is the coaches responsibility)

Offensively K-State has put 38% more points on the board than has IOWA yet Iowa has arguably more talented players.

How can this be you say?! It's the COACHING!!!!!!! And I can look at yds/game whatever it just doesn't matter.

All of Kirk's blustering about being in the middle of the country blah blah. Hey KF you are closer to St. Louis, Minneapolis, Chicago than K-State is Manhattan is only closer to KC and Denver within what KF classifies are our recruiting area. People wake up it's the COACHING!!!!

Just some cannon fodder for the masses. How does the Genius Bill Snyder do it? When you look at performance crossed with recruiting it's disturbing how ineffective KF and his staff really are. Here's my proof:

KSU IOWA

So I ask ALL Hawkeye Fans how can you possibly stand behind this coaching staff when these 2 programs are so similar it's scary. Either Bill Snyder is genius, and I think he's pretty darn good, and/or KF and his Merry Band of mental midgets are woefully underperforming.

K-State's recruiting classes have consistently ranked LOWER than Iowa's and avg. is 61st while Iowa's is 51st (which is the coaches responsibility)

Offensively K-State has put 38% more points on the board than has IOWA yet Iowa has arguably more talented players.

How can this be you say?! It's the COACHING!!!!!!! And I can look at yds/game whatever it just doesn't matter.

All of Kirk's blustering about being in the middle of the country blah blah. Hey KF you are closer to St. Louis, Minneapolis, Chicago than K-State is Manhattan is only closer to KC and Denver within what KF classifies are our recruiting area. People wake up it's the COACHING!!!!

Thanks there Woozy but I think most of us have figured this out a long time ago!

KSU IOWA

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you believe it's the coaching. Can you confirm that for me? I want to make sure I get this right.

There is no doubt that Bill Snyder is a much better offensive mind/coordinator/strategist than KF/KOK/GD.

THat being said KF is also too conservative and if the hawks had averaged 6-7 more points a game since 2003 they win a whole bunch more games.

During a game KF needs to go for the big play a few times to get that extra TD.

My only point here is for all the nay sayers here regarding we can't get anyone except KF to coach here. Personally I would hire a killer assistant or pay an SEC Coach with great assitants who can recruit and you would see more wins. Because it's painfully obvious that he cannot win with middling recruits with any kind of regularity unlike Bill Snyder.

My only point here is for all the nay sayers here regarding we can't get anyone except KF to coach here. Personally I would hire a killer assistant or pay an SEC Coach with great assitants who can recruit and you would see more wins. Because it's painfully obvious that he cannot win with middling recruits with any kind of regularity unlike Bill Snyder.

I think people understand that there are better coaches we could get than KF. I think the difference you might get is in percentages. IE I think if we ditched KF there is a 15% chance you get someone who consistently does better than a Fry or KF. A 50% chance you get someone who wins about the same (7-8 win seasons) on avg. like a Fry or KF and great seasons happening occasionally with BCS games. Then there is a 35% chance you hire a guy who buries the program (like a Callahan, RichRod, etc).

I think that is where you going to get the disagreement is just what % chance you have to bring in someone better, then same, or worse than KF.