It's MAC time

Why hate? We have come to accept this is the best our $4 million man can do!

Kurt got tired of raiding MAC schools and decided to raid a former MAC team.

Not a good sign, the coaches are having to drop down to their fall back offers.

Whoopie do.....fall back recruit #1000000

Kirk realized that our ranked RB recruits just end up leaving so he decided that a guy with no stars was more likely to stay.

Pure desperation, at least we don't have to listen to the KF kool-aid club that he knows more than the recruiting sites. At this point I'm not sure KF knows what kind of bubble gum he is chewing.

When your a bottom feeder you take what you can get.

These are not my words, they were posted when Akrum Wadley flipped to Iowa from Temple.

Good to see those new facilities really paying dividends

The deep pockets who forked over $$$$$ after Barta's sale pitch, also contributed heavily to ********* campaign. And people have the nerve to say rich people can't become poor.;)

Last edited:
Our best offensive player this year had 1 other offer...Temple. Our best defensive player Desmond King, had several more offers but the majority of them were from, you guessed it, MAC schools.

Probably says more about our status with J. Lovett and the other recent RB offer, K. Bryan. Would now appear to be first come, first served time at the RB position.

A few people on here Are having full on melt downs Really creepy look fellas. If this is that serious take a break and get a life. The Oliver Martin thread is sad to see grown men whining like 6 year olds. I trust Iowas evolution especially late and after reviewing senior film. This kid looks legit so when warranted please break out the moans and groans but this isn't one of those times. Iowa is in late w a good group of prospects that want to do due diligence and see what is available and make the best decision possible for education/life. If you cannot see that and respect Iowa will not 'close' after a visit and on the wait and see like everyone else then you have blinders of Iowa hate on. you laughable man, hate to go anywhere w you like a deprived housewife, get a grip.

A few people on here Are having full on melt downs Really creepy look fellas. If this is that serious take a break and get a life. The Oliver Martin thread is sad to see grown men whining like 6 year olds. I trust Iowas evolution especially late and after reviewing senior film. This kid looks legit so when warranted please break out the moans and groans but this isn't one of those times. Iowa is in late w a good group of prospects that want to do due diligence and see what is available and make the best decision possible for education/life. If you cannot see that and respect Iowa will not 'close' after a visit and on the wait and see like everyone else then you have blinders of Iowa hate on. you laughable man, hate to go anywhere w you like a deprived housewife, get a grip.

Agreed. There are soo many others factors besides just football to think about. I am sure many recruits we miss out on love the coaches and the facilities but go somewhere else for other reasons. It doesn't make them a bad person or our coaches failures. It is a slippery slope. I remember when David Johnson was having great success in college and people were bitching that Iowa didn't pick him up but then the same people would have been bitching when he was a recruit that we picked up a lower star kid from Iowa. You can't win em all folks just relax

This is exactly how I feel. Pretty sad to see how some posters appear to be hanging on the ledge over the decision a bunch of 18 year old kids are making. This star system is so ridiculous. I prefer to wait and see how recruits actually end up once they reach campus rather than throwing them out simply because they didn't have enough stars or enough offers. One would think most Iowa fans would be this way by now considering the history of our best players and their recruiting profiles. It never fails though. There's always a bunch of drama queens. Part of it is the "me want this now" society we live in where there is an abundance of information and an absurd lack of patience.

Big Ben, Antonio Brown, Eric Fisher, etc., etc are all MAC players starring for NFL playoff teams. I'm not opposed to raiding MAC teams of their best recruits as long as they bring something good to the table.....

Big Ben, Antonio Brown, Eric Fisher, etc., etc are all MAC players starring for NFL playoff teams. I'm not opposed to raiding MAC teams of their best recruits as long as they bring something good to the table.....

Ladies and gentlemen. I give you the power of peer pressure. From hating fluff pieces to writing them.

I'm a big fan of Iowa football and want to see them do well. A large part of doing well is landing talented recruits. I don't think "melting down" or "hanging on the ledge" just because I'm a little disappointed in the results so far. It seems pretty dramatic to say people are whining or acting like 6 year olds just because they're concerned with what we've seen so far. I'm hoping that our class finishes up strong, but as things stand now I'm not confident in that happening. I'm sorry if that means I'm melting down.

Poot, we do this every year, you haven't figured this out?

I usually give this staff the benefit of the doubt when it comes to finding diamonds in the rough. I just think we do it too often. It seems like most of our recruits are more rough and less diamond lately.

KF does a good job of playing a style of football which keeps us in almost all games in the big ten (possession offense and solid defense). This complimented with subpar nonconference schedules usually gets us to our average win total. However, these last 5 bowl games show the talent disparity.

Oklahoma, LSU, Tenn, Stanford, and now
Florida throughly dominated us. There are only 2 possible explanations for the continued Bowl
Game failures. Either we are playing teams who have more talent then us, or KF's lack of ability to prepare a team for bowl games. I watched those games and I believe it's option A. Our guys put in the effort and give it their all, but they are simply out matched.

Recruiting is critical in College Football.

Latest posts