It seems Greg Davis was Texas fans KOK..

it is a team thing but in a zone scheme the blocking is determined by the dl and guys on the los. this is then signaled between the linemen on who has who and as defenders shift they communicate and change things. this is why a good center is so important at iowa...communicating with the rest of the line. the qb will a lot of times signal blitzers but it is the lines job to understand and communicate the adjustment. it is on the team and the coaches but in the iowa system the oline and ol coach are more in on this than the rest.

RB's picking up the blitz will be a concern this year due to the lack of experience at RB

I know many Texas fans weren't fond of GD but seriously, the **** being spewed over on ShaggyBevo by their posters makes the posters on HALO look like choir boys.

When I say "blitz pickup" I should have said "blitz recognition". It seems like our QBs never know what to do when the blitz (or even just pressure) is obviously coming. See: the 4th quarter of the game against Arizona in 2010.

I'd like to see the blitz coming when we line up, call a hot route for one of the WR to run a quick slant, and then burn the blitz. That's on the OC/QB coach to design what the QB is supposed to do when he sees it coming from each direction.

When I say "blitz pickup" I should have said "blitz recognition". It seems like our QBs never know what to do when the blitz (or even just pressure) is obviously coming. See: the 4th quarter of the game against Arizona in 2010.

I'd like to see the blitz coming when we line up, call a hot route for one of the WR to run a quick slant, and then burn the blitz. That's on the OC/QB coach to design what the QB is supposed to do when he sees it coming from each direction.

Well Im only using logic and specualtion, but thats not "new" football...I can't believe they didn't. We just failed....

Hot Route - Wedding Crashers

They will put a statue of Davis out front by the time its over. KOK was a nice guy tried hard, but a terrible OC couldn't even handle the simple stuff on game day timeouts, getting plays in, clock management.

A lot of sports fans are idiots so I don't really rely on them as an authority on anything.

Latest posts