it might be true

Obviously no personal experience, but several articles I read all shared the following theme:

"The incident highlighted the distinctly different personalities of Fran and Margaret McCaffery. Fran McCaffery, 48, is as studious and bookish as his bachelor’s degree in economics from Penn’s Wharton School would suggest."

As I said, I will support no matter what. I was just expressing my desire to not continue with the same media personality as we have had for the past 3 years. We now have to rely on wins to generate excitement. Some coaches are able to generate that excitement before the team even hits the floor and I was hoping for a bit of that energy. Iowa basketball is dead, I was hoping for a bigger spark to bring it back to life, not a bigger name, just a bigger spark.

You still with us father jake703, you preached and your sermon was an epic fail.

That quote was wrong just a couple of days later. 2 years later it looks to be a horrific fail.

Of course, I have posted drunk on here quite a bit and I am sure I've said some stupid things.

You stupid mother****ers don't realize we could have Steve Forbes!! We let a great coach get away! Do you think Northwest Florida State would trade Forbes for Fran? LOL Doubt it.

You stupid mother****ers don't realize we could have Steve Forbes!! We let a great coach get away! Do you think Northwest Florida State would trade Forbes for Fran? LOL Doubt it.
This.

Fran's been an Epic Fail since day 1 and we are ALL smarter than Barta...

was in the VETS hospital recovering from my stroke but I was interested because of his success and because he was a former Notre Dame Assistant, good Midwest connections with a few east coast connections.
I guess I was lucky I missed that period.

was in the VETS hospital recovering from my stroke but I was interested because of his success and because he was a former Notre Dame Assistant, good Midwest connections with a few east coast connections.

I would say we were the lucky ones.

Ha! This was a great thread to bump. I definitely don't have any problem in admitting I was wrong. Even tho I only melted down after the announcement. Once I heard Fran give his initial press conference, I was sold. I remember watching his press conference online and then my daughter and I went to Carver that afternoon for his conference with the fans and students.

That explains a lot. :p

That explains a lot. :p

1324760171_hey_man_thats_not_cool_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

There's nothing wrong with being concerned, but the people just flat out making stuff up is what gets me. The idea that Fran is similar to Lick in behavior is hilarious.

There's nothing wrong with being concerned, but the people just flat out making stuff up is what gets me. The idea that Fran is similar to Lick in behavior is hilarious.

There are very few similiarities between Fran and Lick.

Both were men that coached basketball at Iowa and both are married to women. That is about the end of that list.

Herby, you've missed a lot of periods. But you never miss an asterisk!

Come back soon.

Latest posts