it might be true

ScarJo_popcorn.gif
coearialshotuv2.jpg

So we get another Todd Lickliter?? GREAT! This guy's pressers are as dead as Lick's. I hope he can recruit and play uptempo otherwise we are right back to square one.

Dude, if you know one single thing about this guy that isn't in his wiki profile, I will be impressed. Stop saying things you know nothing about.

On my way home from church, I saw one of my neighbors outside with his grinder, sharpening a pitchfork. Guess he must have read this as well.

I have to admit I am pretty disappointed. I plan to support any hire but the two things I wanted more than anything was either someone with ties to the iowa program OR a high energy guy that would generate excitement with his outgoing personality and energize the fan base. I can't help but feel a sense of been there, done that. I was really hoping we would go a completely different direction than the "low key, intellectual-type".

I wont be melting down but I will say this much, Fran McCaffrey wont put 1 butt in a seat at CHA next season. He wont. ticket sales wont increase until he wins some B10 games.
I wont be buying any until I see what types of players he recruits, what type of BB he plays and how many wins he can get us.
These questions probably wont be answered for a couple of yrs.

I have to admit I am pretty disappointed. I plan to support any hire but the two things I wanted more than anything was either someone with ties to the iowa program OR a high energy guy that would generate excitement with his outgoing personality and energize the fan base. I can't help but feel a sense of been there, done that. I was really hoping we would go a completely different direction than the "low key, intellectual-type".

Please tell me what personal experience you know that leads you to believe he is not high energy?

I wont be melting down but I will say this much, Fran McCaffrey wont put 1 butt in a seat at CHA next season. He wont. ticket sales wont increase until he wins some B10 games.
I wont be buying any until I see what types of players he recruits, what type of BB he plays and how many wins he can get us.

Another fairweather fan acting all butthurt because the guy he wanted to be hired isn't the next coach at Iowa.

Another fairweather fan acting all butthurt because the guy he wanted to be hired isn't the next coach at Iowa.

Reading comprehension 101. find the nearest Community College and look for the course. Or remain quiet and seem a fool................

You're right, this doesn't make you a fair-weather fan. It makes you a bandwagoneer.

You're right, this doesn't make you a fair-weather fan. It makes you a bandwagoneer.

Really? Because I will choose to wait and see, on the heels of the worst 3 yr stretch in Iowa BB history? After the same AD just made his second hire after his disasterous first hire?
It is true, a sucker is born every minute. Barta absolutely loves guys like you. Congrats.
As long as you're around, he will never fear for his job security.

Please tell me what personal experience you know that leads you to believe he is not high energy?

Obviously no personal experience, but several articles I read all shared the following theme:

"The incident highlighted the distinctly different personalities of Fran and Margaret McCaffery. Fran McCaffery, 48, is as studious and bookish as his bachelor’s degree in economics from Penn’s Wharton School would suggest."

As I said, I will support no matter what. I was just expressing my desire to not continue with the same media personality as we have had for the past 3 years. We now have to rely on wins to generate excitement. Some coaches are able to generate that excitement before the team even hits the floor and I was hoping for a bit of that energy. Iowa basketball is dead, I was hoping for a bigger spark to bring it back to life, not a bigger name, just a bigger spark.

This was a great day...90% of HN melted down because they wanted an assistant coach from Tenn over a proven winner. Ghost and I were a couple of the few who tried to bring reason to the board that great day.

Even the great Stormin called for Barta to be fired. It was epic

All of my friends and family thought this hire was a bust. I couldn't have that mentality after seeing that he took 3 schools to the NCAAs. He is a proven winner. I'm sure they are all glad that they were wrong.

Latest posts