It feels like the team quit

BSpringsteen

If they get blown away by Michigan, I really think this is the end of the line.

There is no excuse for a team no matter how bad they are phoning it in. Especially when the only way to extend your season is to win.

Who could blame those kids for not wanting to extend this season... it has got to be painful for them.

Finish the season fighting, and I think Lick is safe, not showing up is the players quitting on their coach and I think will mean the end of this era.

I think they quit a couple of games ago. It's pretty obvious that the players are stating that they want a new leader. I'm not sure how else you could explain back to back 30 point losses.

There is no excuse for a team no matter how bad they are phoning it in. Especially when the only way to extend your season is to win.

Who could blame those kids for not wanting to extend this season... it has got to be painful for them.

Finish the season fighting, and I think Lick is safe, not showing up is the players quitting on their coach and I think will mean the end of this era.

It really doesn't matter, Barta won't do anything, remember this is exciting basketball, and lick has the program moving in the right direction, haha yeah right!

I think they quit a couple of games ago. It's pretty obvious that the players are stating that they want a new leader. I'm not sure how else you could explain back to back 30 point losses.

and one of those losses was to a team that will not make the NCAA tourney unless they get crazy in the BTT.

I think they are still playing hard. We have been playing good teams on the road. This team hasn't been competitive for most of the season, this is pretty on-par with what the team has done all year. We just aren't very good.

I think they are still playing hard. We have been playing good teams on the road. This team hasn't been competitive for most of the season, this is pretty on-par with what the team has done all year. We just aren't very good.

This is the correct answer. They have no confidence on the road.

I think the answer is that the players have taken on their coaches attitude and personality. He is humble and laid back and must like getting his *** kicked night after night. Man alive, I have tried so hard to stay positive and I just can't. I can't let my kids watch this crap and think that is how basketball is played. Luckily I have watched a ton of Tennessee games so maybe they have learned something.

You are right about one thing...they aren't very good, they are overmatched, and they don't play defense or offense and it doesn't appear that things are going to get much better in future.

Perhaps someone should tell Lickliter and the team that unfortunately, playing on the road is something that Iowa HAS to do as a Big 10 member, that they don't get to play all of their games at home like Lickliter would like to do, they really do have to play half of their games on the road. I thought he knew that before he became head coach at Iowa; also, that Iowa would have to play teams on Senior Day, and have to play three games in 6 days and 1 game in 9 days. That is just how it is. Apparently no one warned the poor man before he took the job?

And someone should tell Lickliter that yes indeed, Iowa will have to play on the road again next year, whether he likes it or not or thinks it is fair or not. And yes, Iowa will probably have to play a team on Senior Day next year as horrible as that sounds. Life just isn't fair is it Todd!

You are right about one thing...they aren't very good, they are overmatched, and they don't play defense or offense and it doesn't appear that things are going to get much better in future.

Perhaps someone should tell Lickliter and the team that unfortunately, playing on the road is something that Iowa HAS to do as a Big 10 member, that they don't get to play all of their games at home like Lickliter would like to do, they really do have to play half of their games on the road. I thought he knew that before he became head coach at Iowa; also, that Iowa would have to play teams on Senior Day, and have to play three games in 6 days and 1 game in 9 days. That is just how it is. Apparently no one warned the poor man before he took the job?

And someone should tell Lickliter that yes indeed, Iowa will have to play on the road again next year, whether he likes it or not or thinks it is fair or not. And yes, Iowa will probably have to play a team on Senior Day next year as horrible as that sounds. Life just isn't fair is it Todd!

Hot salsa tonight Newmex? Drink some milk...have some cookies.

Wow, how enlightening. Perhaps you should send him an memo so he knows how it all works and all?

In the real world a team has to out score their opponent in order to win. In the fantasy world of Lick and his handful of supporters all you need to do is stay within 10 or 12 points and claim a moral victory. After the last two games I think the buzzard has turned one too many corners and has fallen off the - - - - wagon.

If memory serves, we haven't been very good at home either.

And, also, just something to throw out there:

The NCAA says we will have to play on the road again in the 2010-11 season. How rude of them.

If memory serves, we haven't been very good at home either.

And, also, just something to throw out there:

The NCAA says we will have to play on the road again in the 2010-11 season. How rude of them.

Well if we have to play on the road in 2010-2011 season, then we shouldn't have to play on the opposing teams senior night :rolleyes:

Well if we have to play on the road in 2010-2011 season, then we shouldn't have to play on the opposing teams senior night :rolleyes:

(Psst...)we are not the only team to have to play somebody on Senior Night.

And won't be the last team to have to do that more than once a season.

We could play teams on Freshman night, and still get taken to the woodshed.

I disagree. They aren't phoning it at all. They're losing so badly because they are so talent-challenged and because most of these blow outs have come against good teams on the road who have something to play for.

The disparity in talent out there on Sunday was quite evident but I didn't see them quitting or phoning it in.

Wow, how enlightening. Perhaps you should send him an memo so he knows how it all works and all?

Have you listened to Lick's recent interviews? You'd think no other team in Div 1 had to play against two opposing teams on their senior night in the same season.

For a coach who I sincerely believe has a high basketball I.Q, there are times Lickliter comes across like he doesn't have a clue.

Have you listened to Lick's recent interviews? You'd think no other team in Div 1 had to play against two opposing teams on their senior night in the same season.

For a coach who I sincerely believe has a high basketball I.Q, there are times Lickliter comes across like he doesn't have a clue.

Yous guys are reading way to much into those comments just looking for another reason to hate Lick and push him out the door. All he was saying was that it is always difficult to play a team on the road during senior night as that team is going to be pumped up to win that game for the seniors. Nothing wrong with the comments. I am sure every coach knows it, but maybe they don't say it? I think Lick is fully aware that they will have to play road games next year, with some even falling on senior night. If that is the best some of you can bring with your negativity, you might as well stay off the keyboard, because posts like those are borderline stupid.

What a bad take. Just all around bad.

All he was saying was that it is always difficult to play a team on the road during senior night as that team is going to be pumped up to win that game for the seniors. Nothing wrong with the comments.

No it's more than that. It comes across as if he's saying it was unfair Iowa had to go through that twice. And it also appears that he's using that reason as a justification for a 30 point loss.

It gives the impression of a lack of accountability. Instead of looking from within for a reason this team has laid down these last games, we get Senior Night thrown at us as an excuse.

When we were blown out by Michigan earlier in the year we got the infamous "John should be logging more minutes" presser.

Whether you view Lickliter in a positive, neutral or negative light, these types of comments have to leave you scratching your head.

But thanks for calling me stupid. It's nice to be appreciated.

No it's more than that. It comes across as if he's saying it was unfair Iowa had to go through that twice. And it also appears that he's using that reason as a justification for a 30 point loss.

It gives the impression of a lack of accountability. Instead of looking from within for a reason this team has laid down these last games, we get Senior Night thrown at us as an excuse.

When we were blown out by Michigan earlier in the year we got the infamous "John should be logging more minutes" presser.

Whether you view Lickliter in a positive, neutral or negative light, these types of comments have to leave you scratching your head.

But thanks for calling me stupid. It's nice to be appreciated.

I guess we will have to disagree about what Lick meant by his senior night comments. Some of you who want him gone are going to nit pick everything he says looking for something to pounce on. And no, I did not call you stupid, I said posts like that and others regarding the senior night comments are borderline stupid. Just my opinion and I most certainly could be wrong.

Latest posts