ISU vs. Drake

From what I see of Iowa State tonight, we might have a good chance at Hilton. Of course, there are a few games in the meantime for ISU to get things together. I am starting to like our chances at this stage....

Would love to see Drake emerge victorious....

Who we got that can matchup with Royce White?! Guy is a triple-double machine. So powerful, big and basketball freak.

Last edited:
From what I've seen, as good as Royce White is though, he's also very selfish (and a thief but we already knew that) and he may be the root of the lack of chemistry for them. ISU will only go as far as he goes. If he continues to be selfish they will struggle. If he can stop being the big head and allow others to play, they can be a serious contender.

Personally I think Sullinger is a little bit more polished, and Bassabe/Brommer did very well against him....

Bottom line, it remains to be seen....

Personally I think Sullinger is a little bit more polished, and Bassabe/Brommer did very well against him....

Bottom line, it remains to be seen....

Well Sullinger is the most polished big man I've seen come into college in a long time so I won't argue with that. But Sullinger did have 24 and 12 against us in IC so they didn't exactly shut him down.

White has not done much passing at all tonight.

If Drake beats ISU, then we have to add another loss to our Iowa basketball projections.

Isn't the game in Iowa City?

Plus, I think we are witnessing how much Bobby Lutz actually coached and how selfish Iowa State is. Lack any resemblance of a team right now. Live and die by Royce White.

Iowa is far more "polished" in a team aspect. We saw that the first 2 games by the way others step up. ISU probably has talent but doesn't equate to success always.

This game is making me very glad that we have a quality basketball coach and not a guy with a big rolodex. Hoiberg is making Wayne Morgan look like a good coach tonight.

Honestly, he's the best player I've seen play for any of the state universities since Marcus Fizer. Man is a freak! But ISU depends on him too much. Either way, he is gone after this season.
I really liked the ISU team Fizer's last year. They should have been national champions that year. Had the MSU game taken away from them by the referee who lived within 20 miles of the Silver Dome.....

Latest posts