ISU - Tulsa Victory

Classic...just curious but as a Hawkeye fan, how hard is it to take that attitude after a single game? Not calling you out, but I, like many on here, are fans too and we aren't willing to throw in the towel after one game. Can't imagine what it's like to wait 9 months for the season to start simply to call it over after one game.

You've got to be joking.

I'm not making any excuses. I'm stating they had a pretty good football team and were very well coached. You are one of those moronic Hawkeye fans that thinks Iowa should dominate everyone and when they don't, well we must suck, because a MAC team gave us all we can handle.

The only intelligent thing you have said is that we are inexperienced. Other and that you don't even understand the arguments.

And you have that doofy freaking Ricky Stanzi avatar. He was the greatest QB ever to play for Iowa wasn't he. Go ahead, admit it, you really think that.

Don't attack others if you don't want it coming back at you. You can disagree, but make a point. Don't say you are a disgrace because I happen to have a different opinion on how good an opposing team may are may not be. NIU may turn out to be terrible...but they schemed us well and forced us to play a particular style to beat them. They didn't think we would have the patience to do so and we would force the ball. They were well coached whether they play in the MAC or not.

I think like any other week 1 on college football its pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things right now. Both NIU and Tulsa could win their divisions or they could both finish 6-6.

Don't attack others if you don't want it coming back at you. You can disagree, but make a point. Don't say you are a disgrace because I happen to have a different opinion on how good an opposing team may are may not be. NIU may turn out to be terrible...but they schemed us well and forced us to play a particular style to beat them. They didn't think we would have the patience to do so and we would force the ball. They were well coached whether they play in the MAC or not.

FYI when you said I'm one of the fans that thinks we should always be good.. It is you that is stuck in that rut. Proof is you are trying to find your excuses as to why we could possibly not have taken NIU to the woodshed. In your mind we're Iowa and we're better than that... Accept that this is a down year please. And no that does NOT MEAN WE ARE THROWING IN THE TOWEL. It just means we need to tamper our expectations of this team.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0]OMG WHO THE HELL CARES! - YouTube[/ame]

Saturday's MAC scores:

Buffalo 23 @ Georgia 45
Miami (OH) 10 @ Ohio State 56
Ohio 24 @ Penn State 14
W. Michigan 7 @ Illinois 24
Bowling Green 14 @ Florida 27
N. Illinois 17 vs Iowa 18
Toledo 17 vs Arizona 24

C-USA teams racked losses to:

Iowa State
Tenn-Martin
Texas State(by 17)
Rutgers

The conference won a total of 2 games, and played a much weaker schedule than the MAC.

None of this tells me that Iowa is going to beat Iowa State. It does show that the MAC probably looked better than C-USA last week.

FYI when you said I'm one of the fans that thinks we should always be good.. It is you that is stuck in that rut. Proof is you are trying to find your excuses as to why we could possibly not have taken NIU to the woodshed. In your mind we're Iowa and we're better than that... Accept that this is a down year please. And no that does NOT MEAN WE ARE THROWING IN THE TOWEL. It just means we need to tamper our expectations of this team.

You aren't a Hawkeye fan. You're doing a decent job at pretending though, so I'll bite. Why do we need to temper our expectations? Did we take UNI to the woodshed in 2009? We escaped that game with a 1 point victory (and it took a miracle) and went on to win 11 games and the Orange Bowl. Nobody should just accept that this is going to be a down year. The proof will be in the pudding. I'll accept that it was a down year if the year is over and we have underachieved. Not only are you expecting it to be a down year, you think it's a foregone conclusion. I guess that's probably what most Clone fans, like you, really want to happen. Since you are a Clone fan, I really don't expect anything less. Most Hawk fans want the same fate to befall your team, we're just not the one's on your team site posing as a fan and coming off like a d-bag.

You aren't a Hawkeye fan. You're doing a decent job at pretending though, so I'll bite. Why do we need to temper our expectations? Did we take UNI to the woodshed in 2009? We escaped that game with a 1 point victory (and it took a miracle) and went on to win 11 games and the Orange Bowl. Nobody should just accept that this is going to be a down year. The proof will be in the pudding. I'll accept that it was a down year if the year is over and we have underachieved. Not only are you expecting it to be a down year, you think it's a foregone conclusion. I guess that's probably what most Clone fans, like you, really want to happen. Since you are a Clone fan, I really don't expect anything less. Most Hawk fans want the same fate to befall your team, we're just not the one's on your team site posing as a fan and coming off like a d-bag.

Why the hell do you think I'm a Cyclone fan? Because I'm not being completely over-optimistic like the majority of posters on this board? Oh, okay...

Why the hell do you think I'm a Cyclone fan? Because I'm not being completely over-optimistic like the majority of posters on this board? Oh, okay...

You're not just not being overly optimistic. You are saying that that Hawk fans should just accept the fact that this season is going to be a down year. Those were your exact words. You have no idea what the season is going to bring yet you are telling others to temper their expectations. I, much like most other fans, like to keep a positive attitude and deal with the letdown if it comes. This year could be a letdown and it could be a surprise. None of us have seen enough of this team to "know" what is going to happen. On more than one occasion, the Hawks have had a rough start and turned it into a double digit win season. I'll hold out hope for a good season until I'm proven wrong by the results of the games. If you want to call that over-optimistic, then I guess you've got me there.

You're not just not being overly optimistic. You are saying that that Hawk fans should just accept the fact that this season is going to be a down year. Those were your exact words. You have no idea what the season is going to bring yet you are telling others to temper their expectations. I, much like most other fans, like to keep a positive attitude and deal with the letdown if it comes. This year could be a letdown and it could be a surprise. None of us have seen enough of this team to "know" what is going to happen. On more than one occasion, the Hawks have had a rough start and turned it into a double digit win season. I'll hold out hope for a good season until I'm proven wrong by the results of the games. If you want to call that over-optimistic, then I guess you've got me there.
You're entitled as a fan to hope that the Hawks have a good year... I'm sorry we don't see eye to eye. I just don't see the talent we've had in the past on this years team.

Sensitivity running high on the board tonight. Shake it off, Classic.

Other guys, there have been dozens of posters on here predicting 6-6 to 4-8 since March. It is likely to be a down year. We should have tempered expectations of this squad (or none, per my signature). Classic never said we should throw in the towel. I think he just meant that we should enjoy the games as they come, rather than trying to allay our fears about this weekend by playing off the Tulsa-NIU comparison.

If you think I'm "throwing in the towel" as well, think again. I'm making the trip to MSU. Now THAT's optimism.

Sensitivity running high on the board tonight. Shake it off, Classic.

Other guys, there have been dozens of posters on here predicting 6-6 to 4-8 since March. It is likely to be a down year. We should have tempered expectations of this squad (or none, per my signature). Classic never said we should throw in the towel. I think he just meant that we should enjoy the games as they come, rather than trying to allay our fears about this weekend by playing off the Tulsa-NIU comparison.

If you think I'm "throwing in the towel" as well, think again. I'm making the trip to MSU. Now THAT's optimism.

Yes I think you get what I'm saying. Thank you

I think comparing how ISU did against Tulsa to how Iowa did against another team not Tulsa is almost worthless. The basis in logic even less accurate than the old: Team A beat team B and Team B beat team C so team A is better than/will beat team C, argument. Completely removes the part od the analysis which compares how certain teams match up against others, etc. That plus it was week 1. It will be a close game because we'll have a good game plan in place on defense and its in Kinnick.

Latest posts