ISU to MWC do we still play them in football?

Iowa can't beat the clowns? Except for a few years where the clowns beat Iowa when KF first was hired and Mac was coach the series has tipped back in Iowa's favor.

Won't the series be 39-17 after this year and won't it be 5 out of the last 7 after this year, so Yea, I guess Iowa can't beat the clowns anymore...sighhhhhh.

So when we drop the series it will be for lack of competition and boredom big guy...

Plus, the clowns will have to be invited to play in MWC and there is no guarantee of that either. Are the clowns sure the MWC will want them? What will the clowns add to the MWC market wise or are the clowns just another financial drain on THAT conference?

ISU4LYF was obviously just trolling with his statements just to get a rise out of Iowa fans. It sure worked - some of your guys' blood pressure goes through the roof when that guy is around

its just fun reminding clown fans how irrelevant they are...

They dont need to be reminded....deep down they already know

I would say we keep playing ISU. Its one of the funnest weekends of the year and if they are in the MWC we should have no trouble beating them

I have to admit that some of the comments on this board are making our fans sound arrogant and holier than thou. ISU4LYF is just trolling and getting everybody riled up. JSHawks, do you really believe ISU will go to the Missouri Valley? If for whatever reason the Mountain West didn't take them, then the WAC or C-USA would invite them.

I think the more interesting thought is whether the Big 4 (ISU, KU, KSU and Baylor) can reform a Big 12 with a guaranteed BCS bid. If they have the guarantee from the BCS then I think they could lure other teams. If not, then I think they will have to go to non-BCS leagues. If they could I'm thinking the conference would invite TCU, BYU, Utah and Colorado State from the MWC, Boise State from the WAC, Houston and Memphis from C-USA and 1 other team. I think the other team comes down to whether or not the Big East is destroyed by expansion by the Big 10, SEC and ACC. If there is no longer a Big East, the new Big 12 would probably look to take Cincinnati since I think they would not be a candidate for any of the other BCS leagues. If not, then I think the new Big 12 would look at UNLV. I think the Big 12 divisions would be:

If Cincinnati - East (ISU, KSU, Kansas, Memphis, Houston & Cincinnati)
West (TCU, Baylor, BYU, Utah, Boise State & Colorado State)

If UNLV - East (ISU, KSU, Kansas, Memphis, Houston & Baylor)
West (TCU, BYU, Utah, Boise State, Colorado State & UNLV)

I mean it is a long shot on whether or not the Big 4 would be able to convince the BCS to allow them to keep a BCS bid, but it is interesting to think about.

They weren't?

50259590.jpg

What exactly do you consider relavent?

This constant state of denial from clones is nothing short of a chronic personality disorder. And painfully obvious to anyone outside of "make-up-your-own-Story" county.

Their continued presence on the IOWA boards reminds me of a little kid who can't get in the clubhouse so he constantly hangs around bugging the bigger kids so they pay attention to him.

Last edited:
I have to admit that some of the comments on this board are making our fans sound arrogant and holier than thou. ISU4LYF is just trolling and getting everybody riled up. JSHawks, do you really believe ISU will go to the Missouri Valley? If for whatever reason the Mountain West didn't take them, then the WAC or C-USA would invite them.

I think the more interesting thought is whether the Big 4 (ISU, KU, KSU and Baylor) can reform a Big 12 with a guaranteed BCS bid. If they have the guarantee from the BCS then I think they could lure other teams. If not, then I think they will have to go to non-BCS leagues. If they could I'm thinking the conference would invite TCU, BYU, Utah and Colorado State from the MWC, Boise State from the WAC, Houston and Memphis from C-USA and 1 other team. I think the other team comes down to whether or not the Big East is destroyed by expansion by the Big 10, SEC and ACC. If there is no longer a Big East, the new Big 12 would probably look to take Cincinnati since I think they would not be a candidate for any of the other BCS leagues. If not, then I think the new Big 12 would look at UNLV. I think the Big 12 divisions would be:

If Cincinnati - East (ISU, KSU, Kansas, Memphis, Houston & Cincinnati)
West (TCU, Baylor, BYU, Utah, Boise State & Colorado State)

If UNLV - East (ISU, KSU, Kansas, Memphis, Houston & Baylor)
West (TCU, BYU, Utah, Boise State, Colorado State & UNLV)

I mean it is a long shot on whether or not the Big 4 would be able to convince the BCS to allow them to keep a BCS bid, but it is interesting to think about.
Going with your hypothetical "Big 12" those two divisions are way too lopsided. They would need to even it out a lot more. Maybe put TCU in the East and Houston in the West for starters. Nice thought though

Now the question is would ISU play Iowa if the Big12/PAC 10 join? The Big 10 may hurt the strength of schedule.

Now the question is would ISU play Iowa if the Big12/PAC 10 join? The Big 10 may hurt the strength of schedule.

Still fighting the good fight, I see. Did you see the Sports Illustrated cover I provided, and if so, what is your response?

ISU bball has made the cover several times, does not mean ****.

So you're saying that Sports Illustrated is not a relavent publication?

Really, I'm trying to figure you out. Nobody can possibly be as dumb as you're portraying yourself. But....judging by the stuff you've posted here and on Cyclone Fanatic, I might give you the benefit of the doubt.

The we shouldnt play ISU because we have nothing to gain everything to lose thought is stupid. It's fricken ISU, it's a great game to get us warmed up for the conference season. Why wouldn't we want a team on our schedule that we own that also helps us prepare for the conference season.

ISU4LYF was obviously just trolling with his statements just to get a rise out of Iowa fans. It sure worked - some of your guys' blood pressure goes through the roof when that guy is around

I think this needs to be re-stated because this is dead on.

If the big 12 / pac 10 combine ISU wont be part of it. Its an insignificant ag college in the middle of a cornfield. Your stadium is about the size of a Texas HS stadium and your inbred north central iowa fans show up half the time.

If the big 12 / pac 10 combine ISU wont be part of it. Its an insignificant ag college in the middle of a cornfield. Your stadium is about the size of a Texas HS stadium and your inbred north central iowa fans show up half the time.

Hey now, I live pretty close to north central Iowa.:D

I just can't wait to begin a new rivalry with Nebraska. The minute Nebraska joins the Big 10 they will be our new biggest rival. ISWHO?

Latest posts