ISU to MWC do we still play them in football?

WhitUp

Talk about less incentive to play them and more reasons this will be ISU superbowl. To be honest even though it would only hurt us, I still would want to play them. Solely for the purpose of seeing if we can beat our 15 game winning streak over them, we could win 16 in a row and then claim pity mercy and call it off.

Last edited:
Talk about less incentive to play them and more reasons this will be ISU superbowl. To be honest even though it wouldn only hurt us, I still would want to play them. Solely for the purpose of seeing if we can beat our 15 game winning streak over them, we could win 16 in a row and then claim pity mercy and call it off.
Barta would drop the series, they can't beat ISU now in sports, that would be an embarassment for Iowa every year.

The MWC currently has 9 members. Taking 3 of the 4 leftovers from the Big 12 gives them 12 teams (2 divisions of 6) and a possible championship game. Those teams would be Baylor, KU, and KSU, leaving ISU for the MVC. LMAO I think that would be so cool. I think we still play them, but this game will never mean as much to us as it does and will to them.

Barta would drop the series, they can't beat ISU now in sports, that would be an embarassment for Iowa every year.

You're absolutely right. I guess I must have imagined that 35-3 a$$ beating in Lames that the clowns took. Enjoy your new conference the Missouri Valley. It must be a ***** when nobody wants you.

I hope we drop the game with lil' sis.. Pointless game from our side of things. Everything in the world to the other side. They like to think it matters but in reality it makes them relevant(in thier minds)and only breaks us. Doesn't help us if we win and makes us embarassed and irrelevant if we lose. That's how badly the nation views them. No win situation for us.

the most entertaining thing of all this is not only ISU is getting screwed and no longer be a BCS school, as entertaining as that is. The most entertaining will be watching ISU go to the MWC and be a mediocre team. But the only problem with that is they'll go 7-5 every few years and we'll go 8-4 and they'll claim it's basically the same record and they're just as good as us.

I hope we drop the game with lil' sis.. Pointless game from our side of things. Everything in the world to the other side. They like to think it matters but in reality it makes them relevant(in thier minds)and only breaks us. Doesn't help us if we win and makes us embarassed and irrelevant if we lose. That's how badly the nation views them. No win situation for us.
Dude are you still talking Iowa football? Iowa starts 9-0 last year and they were not relevant then...hmm....

Dude are you still talking Iowa football? Iowa starts 9-0 last year and they were not relevant then...hmm....

They weren't?

50259590.jpg

What exactly do you consider relavent?

An Iowa State poster telling Iowa fans that the Hawks didn't matter on the national football stage last season? Really, do you want to go down that road?

If there is a less relevant BCS conference football program than Iowa State, I'd like to know who it might be.

Your team played for decades in the old Big 6, then the Big 8 Conference, when the winner went to the Orange Bowl. How many Orange Bowl berths did you have? Exactly...zero. Iowa played in a different conference with no ties to the Orange Bowl, yet we've played there twice. How does that feel? It would be like ISU playing in the Rose Bowl twice and Iowa never getting there.

Your team isn't even relavent in its own football conference, much less nationally. Get over yourself.

They weren't?

50259590.jpg

What exactly do you consider relavent?

With conference expansion, the series should end. Iowa will already have enough rivalry games with Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Missouri.

Then...an 11-2 record and a dominating Orange Bowl victory in front of the entire nation. Not too shabby, I'd say. What would you give for an 11-2 Iowa State football season and an Orange Bowl win?

But yeah, no one noticed us nationally at all last season. Believe that if it makes you sleep better at night.

For the record, this is an IOWA message board, so we're talking Hawkeye football here. So go back and savor your scintillating 14-13 Insight Bowl victory over mighty Minnesota...because that is so extremely important to college football fans across the country.

If there is a less relevant BCS conference football program than Iowa State, I'd like to know who it might be.

Banker that question is soon going to be answered and ISU fans going to get their answer. It's going to be a big fat reality check!

Oh yeah we def. became relevant after beating ISU 35-3 last year...the next week we were still unchanged in the polls. It's not only Hawk fans that have no respect for you guys...it's the whole nation! WE only became noticed when we kept on winning. Face it guy...ISU doesn't help us even if we do win. We could beat you guys by 70 points and I doubt we would go up in the rankings. If we lose then it's back to being unranked. This is why Lil sis should become nonexistant on our schedule so we can play better opponents like say....UNI every year??? At least they can score a touchdown once every 3 years against us.

Last edited:
With conference expansion, the series should end. Iowa will already have enough rivalry games with Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Missouri.

+1 we could even drop off Mizzu from that list and we would still be head over heels with rivals.

Iowa should dump the series. If it would make fans like you even more depressed then it would be worth it. Because you are such an a$$hat I am finding the big 12 rumors very satisfying. In fact I can't stop giggling.

Maybe in 7 years you will get your wish when the contract is up, cause it might look extremely bad if Iowa tried to squirm out of the deal with a state school. How many of you threw a hissy when just Mizzou did it?

Maybe in 7 years you will get your wish when the contract is up, cause it might look extremely bad if Iowa tried to squirm out of the deal with a state school. How many of you threw a hissy when just Mizzou did it?
It wouldn't look bad to anyone. The college football world doesn't even know ISU exists. Most of the top ranked schools...(which included iowa in football baby) wouldn't even notice it. The clones would be sobbing about how iowa is scared of them when in reality losing the Iowa Game would be financially crippling to ISU. WHich is the main reason why I want to quit playing ISU...if it hurts ISU then I am all for it.