ISU to MWC do we still play them in football?

They weren't?

50259590.jpg

What exactly do you consider relavent?

Double Ugh! The cursed SI!!! I destroyed that magazine

1st off - ISU4 is mentally ill.

2nd- ISU isnt relavent in any way. When they win something in their conference (which means they did well for the season and not just one game) then they will gain a little respect. 0 conference titles, 0 orange bowls

3rd- Iowa playing ISU does nothing for us and it needs to stop. No reason to keep playing them now, let alone when they get dropped to a lower non BCS conf.

Talk about less incentive to play them and more reasons this will be ISU superbowl. To be honest even though it would only hurt us, I still would want to play them. Solely for the purpose of seeing if we can beat our 15 game winning streak over them, we could win 16 in a row and then claim pity mercy and call it off.
see thats why i cant stand hawk fans you guys are all cocky and dumb as hell...plus ISU will go independent before it goes to a non bcs conference...ISU will NEVER be in a non bcs conference...just sayin

FleX4Cy, while some Iowa fans are cocky, I feel it is unfair to characterize all of us that way. Most of us are hard-working, intelligent people who are as passionate about our Hawkeyes as I bet you are about your Cyclones. I enjoy the series and hope it continues regardless of where ISU goes after the destruction of the Big 12.

How would ISU work becoming an independent? How would they fill out their football schedule? What about basketball and non-revenue sports? Independence would be a terrible choice. I think ISU should lobby to join the MWC because if Pac 10 expansion goes down as discussed (taking 6 teams from the Big 12), then SEC, ACC and Big 10 expansion will take apart the Big East. With only 4 BCS conferences, I think a MWC with BYU/Utah/TCU already and ISU/KSU/Kansas/BSU joining could look to move up to a BCS conference. Just a thought.

FleX4Cy, while some Iowa fans are cocky, I feel it is unfair to characterize all of us that way. Most of us are hard-working, intelligent people who are as passionate about our Hawkeyes as I bet you are about your Cyclones. I enjoy the series and hope it continues regardless of where ISU goes after the destruction of the Big 12.

How would ISU work becoming an independent? How would they fill out their football schedule? What about basketball and non-revenue sports? Independence would be a terrible choice. I think ISU should lobby to join the MWC because if Pac 10 expansion goes down as discussed (taking 6 teams from the Big 12), then SEC, ACC and Big 10 expansion will take apart the Big East. With only 4 BCS conferences, I think a MWC with BYU/Utah/TCU already and ISU/KSU/Kansas/BSU joining could look to move up to a BCS conference. Just a thought.
honestly ISU KSU KU Baylor prob gonna be left behind if this goes down and if MWC was bcs conference i think we would prob join same with everyone else but its not so i dont see us taking a step down and why would we i just think it sounds dumb when all of you are saying we should go there or to the MAC ...i dont wanna be mean but MWC and the MAC have well most of them have stadiums look like 3A football and for the money reason why would we want to take a step down and why would they do this to the fans cause we dont a PRO team and not gonna lie i dont see myself rooting for the hawks and i dont see me moving back home to florida to root for my noles....so yeahhhhh

honestly ISU KSU KU Baylor prob gonna be left behind if this goes down and if MWC was bcs conference i think we would prob join same with everyone else but its not so i dont see us taking a step down and why would we i just think it sounds dumb when all of you are saying we should go there or to the MAC ...i dont wanna be mean but MWC and the MAC have well most of them have stadiums look like 3A football and for the money reason why would we want to take a step down and why would they do this to the fans cause we dont a PRO team and not gonna lie i dont see myself rooting for the hawks and i dont see me moving back home to florida to root for my noles....so yeahhhhh

The reason they take a step down is because that will be the best choice available to them. The big 10 or the pac 10 will not take the Clones. It's just not going to happen. And please use some punctuation next time.

Now the question is would ISU play Iowa if the Big12/PAC 10 join? The Big 10 may hurt the strength of schedule.

ISU wouldn't be apart of a the deal to bring some Big 12 teams to the Pac 10. Besides the Big 10 is on the up and playing Iowa would boost strength of schedule considering were a preseason top 10 team.

Latest posts