ISU - The really BIG meltdown has begun

wow. If TTech bolts I could see expansion talk pick up again.

I'm looking forward to Matt and Miller today. lol.

The overriding message for clone fans in this whole debacle...is not so much whether their membership in the Big12 survives...but the absolute lack of confidence and interest show them by their conference partners, outsiders courting new members for their conferences, and sports journalists.

While the future homes of Kansas, Okie St, Nebraska etc were the subject of much speculation...nobody outside of Story county and few posturing politicians in Des moines paid any attention to ISU.

That's a message that speaks louder than any opinions on a Hawkeye or CN chat forum. It's the perspective of the real world...not terribly encouraging is you're a clone. You're largely irrelevant.

Interesting thread to read after they smoked Deace and I this morning for saying we felt ISU got shafted in this.

Interesting thread to read after they smoked Deace and I this morning for saying we felt ISU got shafted in this.

I think they would have felt better if they were still getting a piece of the NU & CU's $20M. But I think not having the TV contract offer already in place to be done imediately is what sent them over the edge. Give up $2 million to get $14 million that is a deal. but giving it up for a promise of $14 million, not so much.

The real question should be: is anybody - outside of fans of those schools - really shocked by this?

Two weeks ago, they were going after Iowa. They they were wanting Texas' love child just two days ago. Now, less than 2 hours ago, they just got dropped on their head (again).

Yeah, but your a Hawk fan and Deace is a Michigan fan so your opinions don't count remember.

Man I can't wait until tomorrow's show with you 2 now.

Please, Jon, make it a four hour special tomorrow! There's no way you can cover how ridiculous this stuff is in two! It's mind-blowing.

Tomorrow morning both you and Deace have the opportunity to serve Cyclone Nation a big ol' slice of humble pie. And I would hope you both do exactly that.

Tomorrow morning both you and Deace have the opportunity to serve Cyclone Nation a big ol' slice of humble pie. And I would hope you both do exactly that.

It's going to be rather difficult for ISU fans to eat that pie when they've got every orifice already stuffed with Texan appendages.

Now is the time for the Chuck Wagon and Harkin to use some of their Dark Side subpoena powers on Dan Beebe and DeLoss Dodds.

Let's get a little sunlight on the Texas athletic program, and the Big XII offices.

The deal has to be analyzed based on the alternative. The deal is fine.

Really, look at this link and look at the teams and the conferences they are in right below ISU, ISU could have made just as much as they do now moving to Conf USA or the MWC. Who cares about BCS status when you will never make it to a BCS game anyway.

How much revenue did your favorite Football Bowl Subdivision school take in in 2007-08? This chart will tell you – College Gridiron 365 Blog – Orlando Sentinel

This is 07/08 as I didn't want to search for more current data but I wouldn't think it would change that much.

Latest posts