ISU ranked #25

SamsonHawk515

ISU ranked number 25 in the coaches poll.

ISU continues to prove they are now the more powerful football program in the state.

Like it or not Iowa is now second fiddle to ISU.

In Kirk we trust?

Im proud of ISU, and like usual, every win they get makes our loss to them better both in perception & in the computers. I am not upset that we have a great counterpart in the state. Last time ISU was worth anything Iowa went on a pretty good run '01-'05 - Lets hope that happens again, and honestly it will. Just be patient.

ISU continues to prove they are now the more powerful football program in the state.

In Kirk we trust?

1. Good for them. Their fans better print that off because they will be dropping off again after KSU annihilates them.

2. Really? By beating a team missing their starting QB and RB. If they won't let us boast our win against Minny they sure as hell don't get credit for beating a weakened TCU. On top of that, there three point drubbing of Iowa doesn't really instill fear into anybody.

3. Per who? Who's opinion is that? When they start getting non-alum fans in bunches we can then claim your assertion is correct.

4. What does Kurt have to do with ISU and their rating? Last I checked he coached at Iowa.

They might only win 3 more games.

What 3 do you see? If ISU wins 3 games than they are much better than I thought they were.

I'm glad Iowa doesn't play that schedule Holy COW!! I can assure you Iowa would win 1 and that 1 isn't a gimmie because Kansas is on the road..

Sat, Oct 13 Kansas State (Family Weekend) *Ames, Iowa 11:00 a.m.FX
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Sat, Oct 20 at Oklahoma State *Stillwater, Okla. TBA
spacer.gif
Sat, Oct 27 Baylor (Homecoming) *Ames, Iowa TBA
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Sat, Nov 03 Oklahoma *Ames, Iowa TBA
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Sat, Nov 10 at Texas *Austin, Texas TBA
spacer.gif
Sat, Nov 17 at Kansas *Lawrence, Kan. TBA
spacer.gif
Fri, Nov 23 West Virginia *Ames, Iowa 2:30 p.m.ABC
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

1. Good for them. Their fans better print that off because they will be dropping off again after KSU annihilates them.

2. Really? By beating a team missing their starting QB and RB. If they won't let us boast our win against Minny they sure as hell don't get credit for beating a weakened TCU. On top of that, there three point drubbing of Iowa doesn't really instill fear into anybody.

3. Per who? Who's opinion is that? When they start getting non-alum fans in bunches we can then claim your assertion is correct.

4. What does Kurt have to do with ISU and their rating? Last I checked he coached at Iowa.
I think you're right about much of this. Wins will be hard to come by in the Big 12. But I think the comparison between you beating Minnesota at home and us beating TCU on the road is not even close to being fair.

I think all Cyclone fans would be very pleased to "only win" 3 more games. A 7 win regular season would be a success with the schedule they have.

So, due to the Big12, 7 wins per season is now total success on ISU's part?
Will the schedule ever be in their favor ever? No chance right, it will always be climbing a mountain?

In response to all the schedule talk.

Does anyone who is not in deep denial see 3 more wins on Iowa's schedule.

Highly unlikely that the hawks become bowl eligible this year.

So, due to the Big12, 7 wins per season is now total success on ISU's part?
Will the schedule ever be in their favor ever? No chance right, it will always be climbing a mountain?

Face it when it comes to ISU anything over .500 is a success. Hell, last year they were 6-7 and it was still a season they brag about. That's the difference with ISU fans and Iowa fans. Iowa goes 6-7 and they're ******, ISU goes 6-7 and they celebrate.

In Kirk we trust?

Or not, they beat a team with out it's QB and its top 2 RB not playing, not all that impressive really..that was one offensive challenged team there on Sat. Don't get me wrong I am happy they won but it is not that impressive of a win.

And they are not the most powerful football program in the state.

Good for ISU. They won at Iowa on the road, and at a ranked TCU. Both good road wins. The rest of the season will be tough, but I think most of the good teams in the Big12 expect to win 8 or more games, and be above .500 in league play (5 wins). I don't thing ISU is one of those teams.

I think you're right about much of this. Wins will be hard to come by in the Big 12. But I think the comparison between you beating Minnesota at home and us beating TCU on the road is not even close to being fair.

This is exactly right...there really is no comparison at all. Iowa States victory was historical in nature. So much so that there are even t shirts being sold to commemorate it. Much bigger win for Iowa state. I would not be surprised to see Iowa state In a big time bowl at the end of the season.

Ok, so TCU was down it's starting QB and first and second string RB's. Sucks for them, but what about the defense? They were all present, to my knowledge. What about the recruiting classes? Should we compare those and then see who has the upper hand? Make all the excuses you want, but at the end of the day, TCU isn't a pushover. ISU is the better team.

I think ISU in a big bowl might be a stretch, but it would be quite a story. If they stay healthy, they can still hope!

This is exactly right...there really is no comparison at all. Iowa States victory was historical in nature. So much so that there are even t shirts being sold to commemorate it. Much bigger win for Iowa state. I would not be surprised to see Iowa state In a big time bowl at the end of the season.
I think you may have read a bit much into my post and substituted your own reality.

If you think beating an average Minnesota team at home is equivalent to beating a good TCU team on the road, then I can't help you.

TCU booted about 15-20 guys from team that were involved in the drug bust. They have serious attrition. Hence why so many freshmen play for them.