ISU pooped the bed....again

ISU fans are acting like they went up against the Vince Young Texas team tonight, they lost to a crappy 2-4 Texas team that got housed 41-7 by BYU.

ISU needed to beat Texas as they are a bottom 4 Big12 team this year. ISU has been counting on wins vs TCU and WVU, but that ain't happening this year with the way those two are playing.

One thing I will say about ISU, they go to their playmakers. EJ Bibbs is legit, and what do they do? They throw to him every freaking time they get near the endzone and let him make plays. If Kurt and Derpvis had Bibbs, they would throw to Bullock instead.

That was an entertaining game last night. Another thing I can't say about Iowa football.

One thing I will say about ISU, they go to their playmakers. EJ Bibbs is legit, and what do they do? They throw to him every freaking time they get near the endzone and let him make plays. If Kurt and Derpvis had Bibbs, they would throw to Bullock instead.

That was an entertaining game last night. Another thing I can't say about Iowa football.
Is BIbbs the best TE in the country?

I'm surprised we kept the ISU game as close as we did. Their offense is much more dynamic than ours.

I do give them some credit for an improved offense but I must say is there a more over-rated an over-hyped league? Texas was supposed to have this awesome defense but as someone else pointed out BYU tagged them for 41 points in the non-con. That league is known for playing very little defense in general. Unstoppable Baylor was beaten last year by Central FLA. There is just a lot more parity across the entire landscape than ESPN wants you to realize.

Rhoads is now 6-18 his last 24 games, 1-14 against B12 teams not named Kansas

This is what JP publicly whining about bad officiating is really about. he needs to put 60k people in those seats next year. He needs that fan base drinking the kool-aid. And they are guzzling it down like it is a 40.

Let's hope Wally stays at ISU for a long time.....if they ever get a halfway decent DC they could be a good team...in spite of Rhoads being the HC.

Much as I hate the Clones, I have to give them props for getting good offensive skill position players...and not being afraid to use them.

Its just sad ISU is even mentioned on this board, especially after the POS of a performance the hawks just crapped out

Let's hope Wally stays at ISU for a long time.....if they ever get a halfway decent DC they could be a good team...in spite of Rhoads being the HC.

Much as I hate the Clones, I have to give them props for getting good offensive skill position players...and not being afraid to use them.

I think isu plays their entire schedule with a backs to the wall mentality feeling like they need to use every drop of talent. Iowa seems to operate in a fantasy land where we can out muscle our way through the schedule. I can think of maybe 3 years where this was even remotely true: 2002, 2003 (although you can argue much of our success that year was attributable to the guys who made the 04 defense one of the best ever), and MAYBE 2008 (but much of that was attributable to one guy - Greene- and you still have to swallow the losses we incurred that season desperaty trying to stick with Jake 1.0)

Let's hope Rhoads stays at ISU for a long time.....if they ever get a halfway decent HC they could be a good program...

FIFY

I do give them some credit for an improved offense but I must say is there a more over-rated an over-hyped league? Texas was supposed to have this awesome defense but as someone else pointed out BYU tagged them for 41 points in the non-con. That league is known for playing very little defense in general. Unstoppable Baylor was beaten last year by Central FLA. There is just a lot more parity across the entire landscape than ESPN wants you to realize.

The B12 has no good out of conference wins, Iowa states win over us is the conferences best out of conference win. They lost every game against quality opponents and that's why they won't get a team in the playoff.

Honestly a brutal game as a cyclone fan. Of course it's nothing we aren't used to. It would be interesting to see the number of games ISU lost in the last 10-15 years in the final 2 minutes, and then figure how much each one shortened my lifespan, and really nail down how much I die inside each time.

Honestly a brutal game as a cyclone fan. Of course it's nothing we aren't used to. It would be interesting to see the number of games ISU lost in the last 10-15 years in the final 2 minutes, and then figure how much each one shortened my lifespan, and really nail down how much I die inside each time.

I knew ISU could hang with Texas, that 11 point spread was a gift. Texas is pretty bad, and it is too bad for ISU that they didn't get them at home this year, cause they would have won by 10+ at home. Losing that game is a knife in the back, as they are looking at 2 winnable games left on the schedule.

Latest posts