ISU pooped the bed....again

I'm a Hawk fan. I just think we should back off a bit when they actually beat us and acknowledge that, at least this year, their schedule is stacked against them.

Sometimes numbers lie:

Their schedule strength is terribly inflated by a very weak non conference schedule played by virtually the entire conference: Lots of teams ranked because they started the season ranked.

Marquis games for the BIG 12:
Okie State/Fla. State. Fla. State won.
Texas/UCLA. UCLA won.
Texas/BYU. BYU won. Both UCLA and BYU have turned out to be very average.
Kansas State/Auburn. Auburn won.

Blah Blah Blah.
ISU is a fricking loser program that beat Iowa this year.
Ferentz should have been fired before he got off the field at Kinnick that day.

We suck, musturd sucks, we all suck. What's the difference though? We have been good before.

Just thought this went along with your post.

wacky+outfits+(2).JPG

alcoholic or docoholic or whatever his name is will probably call me a troll again, but I don't care. I saw both the Hawk and Iowa State games today, and I only saw one group of clowns, and it wasn't Iowa State.

Your posts are what get you down voted. Not all cyfan members get down voted for being trolls.

ISU is a top ten team as far as strength of schedule using the NCAA method. They come in at #7, in fact.

We, on the other hand, slot in at a healthy 85th for the 2014 season. Personally, I'd be hesitant to talk smack after losing to them, especially in light of this information.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/04/2014-college-football-strength-of-schedule-ncaa-method/

On this website, they're #6 and we're 70th....

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/08/phil-steele-2014-college-football-strength-of-schedule-rankings/

If we won 2-3 games a year our sos would go up considerably. I would give OK, TCU, and Baylor ahead of BIG teams but the middle lower teams are pretty even.

Already got my 2014 ISU Top Ten SOS t-shirt preordered, you bought yours yet?

Don't forget to make plans for the sos bowl in Gary, IN this year. It's held the day after the regular season and dreams end.

Let's face it. If we had an exciting offense to go with a 2-5 record we'd be on here complaining just like we are now. Wins are what matters. We lost to Maryland and we've been disappointing this year but we're 5-2 and we will go bowling. 4-8 two years has not left my mind completely and missing bowls is never fun.

Conference strength is cyclical. All through the 50's through the 90's the Big 10 was the baddest in the land. Nobody talked strength of schedule then. In fact does that make it ok to lose. It's like me saying I'm the richest poor person you're ever going to meet. Sooner or later put some wins on your resume.

Latest posts