ISU Police Investigating 4 Criminal Cases in Iowa Band Cyhawk Incident

It could potentially blow up in Barta's as well.

And Harrelds'.

How can police investigation into this come back on Barta and Herreld? I mean these are students/band members filing police reports here for behavior of ISU fans in Ames. The only thing that could have come back on them was NOT supporting its students strongly enough. They did make the mistake initially, but have since corrected that.

How can police investigation into this come back on Barta and Herreld? I mean these are students/band members filing police reports here for behavior of ISU fans in Ames. The only thing that could have come back on them was NOT supporting its students strongly enough. They did make the mistake initially, but have since corrected that.

It's not like they held a press conference and said "Nothing happened" and had a chief of police say that 4 officers witnessed the band leaving the field and they saw nothing, and their counterparts in Iowa City have heard nothing either.

If someone was battered, how does Pollard survive that televised press conference?

It's not like they held a press conference and said "Nothing happened" and had a chief of police say that 4 officers witnessed the band leaving the field and they saw nothing, and their counterparts in Iowa City have heard nothing either.

If someone was battered, how does Pollard survive that televised press conference?
Jaime Pollard could murder their family members and they’ll trust he made the right choice.

If arrests are made, Barta looks bad for agreeing early on not to pursue it any further.

If nothing happened Herreld looks bad for opening his mouth and threatening to suspend the series.

That the band members had to go through the media to get the wheels turning again is a bad enough look.

If arrests are made, Barta looks bad for agreeing early on not to pursue it any further.

If nothing happened Herreld looks bad for opening his mouth and threatening to suspend the series.

That the band members had to go through the media to get the wheels turning again is a bad enough look.

I hate Barta, wish he were gone, but I don't think you are right on this. Barta already looked bad when the band members were mad that they felt like they were being swept aside. That was remedied and corrected the initial mistake of not coming out strongly enough for the band members issue was addressed.

I hate Barta, wish he were gone, but I don't think you are right on this. Barta already looked bad when the band members were mad that they felt like they were being swept aside. That was remedied and corrected the initial mistake of not coming out strongly enough for the band members issue was addressed.
You could be correct and I could be wrong, but I remember how bad it looked for Tom Davis when he refused to reign Chris Kingsbury in for on and off the court and academic shenanigans and the University finally had to step in and suspend Chris for a game.

The Athletic Department at the University of Iowa has no legal authority to arrest anyone.
The best thing they can do is hold the band members' hands while they file reports and get the hell out of the way of the police.

The Athletic Department at the University of Iowa has no legal authority to arrest anyone.
The best thing they can do is hold the band members' hands while they file reports and get the hell out of the way of the police.
Never said they did. I said Barta was willing to close the door on further investigation, rather than involve those who do have the authority to arrest, i.e. the police.

What I said exactly is that if arrests are made, Barta looks bad for agreeing early on not to pursue it any farther.

And I could be completely wrong on all of this anyway.

Never said they did. I said Barta was willing to close the door on further investigation, rather than involve those who do have the authority to arrest, i.e. the police.

What I said exactly is that if arrests are made, Barta looks bad for agreeing early on not to pursue it any farther.

And I could be completely wrong on all of this anyway.
And what I am saying is that it is not the AD's job to investigate crimes. He could open, close, and smash as many doors and windows on the investigation as they want. The investigation of crimes lies with the legal authorities.

Yeah, smart guy, I've seen punks like you before. Oh sure, you think it's all fun and games, until someone gets hurt. Then it's not so funny anymore, is it? You may think you're pretty clever, trying to blame others, but I'm on to a guy like you. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but you'll slip up. I've seen your kind before. Your day is coming. So, watch your step, pal.

31ef498f2d5f7e5d0fd446ee2439da17.jpg

Man, Joe Friday was the shit. This first episode of Dragnet where he tried to warn us about the dangers of the hippie movement is one of the best single TV episodes ever made, ranking up there with the grand finale of MASH, Who Shot JR, the WKRP Thanksgiving show, the Facts of Life Christmas episode and the premier of Punky Brewster.

I’m wondering just what kind of evidence they have besides that camera footage from that far away? I viewed it and had a hard time seeing anything happen. Did some of the band members have video on their phones? We’re there other security cameras that caught better images of what happened. I don’t think physical descriptions will get very far on their own. The more people that saw the assailants, the more versions of their descriptions are likely to vary.

You are incredibly naive.

And what I am saying is that it is not the AD's job to investigate crimes. He could open, close, and smash as many doors and windows on the investigation as they want. The investigation of crimes lies with the legal authorities.

The AD can pressure employees, elected officials and bureaucrats. You are really naive.

The AD can pressure employees, elected officials and bureaucrats. You are really naive.
And you are incredibly delusional if you this Gary Barta wields such power and ability. Ask the majority of the folks on here, he can't zip his own pants without help.

Man, Joe Friday was the shit. This first episode of Dragnet where he tried to warn us about the dangers of the hippie movement is one of the best single TV episodes ever made, ranking up there with the grand finale of MASH, Who Shot JR, the WKRP Thanksgiving show, the Facts of Life Christmas episode and the premier of Punky Brewster.

Any WKRP In Cincinnati show was a great episode. One of my favorites in the late seventies. And Loni Anderson and Jan Smithers did a more than credible job of reviving the old Ginger vs Mary Ann debate.

You obviously never watched The Love Boat season premieres when they introduced the Fall TV seasons. Blows all that other stuff away. As on, sweeping the decks clean.

And you are incredibly delusional if you this Gary Barta wields such power and ability. Ask the majority of the folks on here, he can't zip his own pants without help.

So KF works in a vacuum and the stadium builds on its own? Wow, never knew. The UI and ISU police work in a political world. County attorneys work in a political world. The Gov....where did she go to school?

The band director...where does funding come from. You are naive.

Latest posts