141: Justin LaValle (ODU dec. RJ Hallman (ISU) 6-2 ODU 9-3
149: Joey Cozart (ISU) SV Brennan Brumley (ODU) 3-1 ODU 9-6
157: #14 John Nicholson (ODU) Tech. Fall Luke Swalla (ISU) 23-8 ODU 14-6
165: #6 Andrew Sorenson (ISU) dec. Tristan Warner (ODU) 6-4 ODU 14-9
174: #10 Te Edwards (ODU) dec. #7 Chris Spangler (ISU) 5-4 ODU 17-9
184: #16 Boaz Beard (ISU) dec. Billy Curling (ODU) 10-5 ODU 17-12
197: Joe Budi (ODU) MD Cole Shafer (ISU) 11-0 ODU 21-12
285: #19 Matt Gibson (ISU) MD Matt Tourdot (ODU) 13-1 ODU 21-16

Exactly - but ISU fans have been telling me they are going to wrestle us close in our dual.

You will see an entirely different team at that dual. Literally, Gadsen, Moreno, Goettl, and Weatherman will be back in the lineup. It should be closer than Hawks expect, but the lower weights will still be a problem.

I wonder why England didn't wrestle, he's had a pretty good season so far.

England has been wrestling this year because Spangler was out. When they are healthy it will be Sorenson, Spangler, and Beard from 165-184 so not much room for England. He is still young though with a promising future ahead of him.

You will see an entirely different team at that dual. Literally, Gadsen, Moreno, Goettl, and Weatherman will be back in the lineup. It should be closer than Hawks expect, but the lower weights will still be a problem.

Ok I will bite, out of the 4 guys you named 3 will be underdogs. How is this meet closer than us "Hawks" expect?

The cyclones may be down 23-0 before 165.

I don't expect it to be close, let's take a look even with these guys in for ISU:

125: McDonough MD over Finch 4-0 Iowa
133: Ramos TF over Cash (if not a fall) 9-0 Iowa
141: Marion MD over Mayfield 13-0 Iowa
149: Carew Dec over Weatherman 16-0 Iowa
157: St. John MD over Moreno 20-0 Iowa
165: Sorenson Dec over Evans 20-3 Iowa
174: Spangler dec over Lofthouse 20-6 Iowa
184: Gambrall Dec over Beard 23-6 Iowa
197: Gadsen MD over Lira 23-10 Iowa
Hwt: Telford Dec over Gibson 26-10 Iowa

This is going to be a rout again this year.

Ok I will bite, out of the 4 guys you named 3 will be underdogs. How is this meet closer than us "Hawks" expect?

The cyclones may be down 23-0 before 165.

I am not thinking the score will be that great, but the matches will be competitive. Finch will give McD a test at 125, 133 I am hoping for a not absolute smackdown, 141 Goettl will be in the match, we will have to see what version of Weatherman shows up at 149, and the same for a hopefully concussionless Moreno at 157. We will be unerdogs in every single match, but you are not going to win with bonus points in all those matchups. And I think ISU, if Spangler is healthy, could win every match from 165 to HW. Gibson looked great against ODU, and is the exact opposite of Telford or Rasing in that he scores points. I think this could be decided by bonus points. Don't get me wrong. it will be a miracle if the ISU team wins, but I am hoping we can be competitive in every match. We rolled out warm bodies against ODU.

Wow. Rose colored glasses. No way you win more than two matches. Evans is not going to lose at 165 and Finch will be lucky to be in his match. He'd better focus on staying off his back. How is a bad 0-3 ISU team going to be competitive with the Nations best?

Wow. Rose colored glasses. No way you win more than two matches. Evans is not going to lose at 165 and Finch will be lucky to be in his match. He'd better focus on staying off his back. How is a bad 0-3 ISU team going to be competitive with the Nations best?

Something tells me that he's either a Cyclone wrestling motivational speaker or really bad at scouting the opposition.

The nations best? How many meets have you wrestled in? Talk about taking a leap. And Sorenson will not lose to Evans. Sorry, not happening. And McD is nto a pinner. He couldn't put Jones on his back last year, and Finch is far better. McD should control, but it won't be the blowout you are calling. I am beginning to think you know nothing about wrestling outside of IC.

The nations best? How many meets have you wrestled in? Talk about taking a leap. And Sorenson will not lose to Evans. Sorry, not happening. And McD is nto a pinner. He couldn't put Jones on his back last year, and Finch is far better. McD should control, but it won't be the blowout you are calling. I am beginning to think you know nothing about wrestling outside of IC.

Brett108, I appreciate your insight and like having you over here. However, you can't say that McDonough is not a pinner and then call someone else out on there knowledge of the sport. In 27 wins last year Matt had 14 pins. I would say that MORE than qualifies him as a pinner!!

I do agree with you that Sorenson is the favorite at 165 over Evans but it could be an interesting match. Also, Telford scores points and is a pinner for a Heavyweight. Sure, he has had low scores against Rasing but most everybody does. He and Gibson should be quite a match between a couple of athletic big guys.

I don't think that Gambrall will be back by the dual either so Beard has to be the favorite over Wagner or Fahler.

McDonough had a hard time putting Jones on his back last year because he wrestled Patrick Hunter. McDonough had 14 pins in 29 matches last year sounds like a pinner to me. He has pinned better wrestlers then Finch before not saying he is going to pin Finch. Also who did Andrew Sorenson beat that makes him so great. Kevin Jackson said at media that Sorenson beat a number of All-Americans last year. Still trying to figure out which ones he beat. Gibson has wrestled no one this year in the top 20. When he wrestles whoever Iowa sends out there he won't score many points.
Iowa State would be a lot better if Jackson would have not got rid of Tyler Clark, Anthony Valles, and Dalton Jensen. Iowa State fans seem to forget them

Brett all you do is come in here and throw personal insults. McD not a pinner? Then you ask how much I know about wrestling. I don't even know why I respond to you anymore.

Yes - the nations best. Might want to check the polls. Do you even read what you write before you hit send?

Latest posts