ISU-Iowa Point Spread History

Can you say Super Bowl? Lol looks like the data sure backs it up, Rhodes knows his fan base is dumb enough that if they beat Iowa, the year is a success no matter what.

So, in conclusion, Vegas respects the clones just as little as everyone else does - got it!

You landed there based off of point spreads and game scores alone? Huh.

Not at all, putting Iowa jerseys on tackling dummies before the season even starts is another reason, along with plenty of others but this just backs it up. I'm guessing ISU covers the spread against Iowa more often than any other opponent, definitely points to ISU treating this game with more importance than others. Hell McCarney even admitted as much.

Not at all, putting Iowa jerseys on tackling dummies before the season even starts is another reason, along with plenty of others but this just backs it up. I'm guessing ISU covers the spread against Iowa more often than any other opponent, definitely points to ISU treating this game with more importance than others. Hell McCarney even admitted as much.

Ha, so did Hayden Fry.

So if it's not ISU's super bowl, than how does this compare to ISU's record against the spread against other opponents, because the public perception of ISU is that it's a terrible program, one who celebrates 6-7 with 10 year contract extensions. The perception of ISU by the public isn't changing when they play Oklahoma St or Texas or anyone else in the B12. So either ISU gets up more for this game than others or Iowa has an unusually favorable public perception and is a public favorite.

Ha, so did Hayden Fry.

Yep and he won 14 in a row, Ferentz obviously doesn't place as much importance on it. But at this point it's pretty much all Rhodes has left to sell to your fan base, well that's not true looks like you guys are eating up the "hope" from last week that Chrissy sold you on.

So if it's not ISU's super bowl, than how does this compare to ISU's record against the spread against other opponents, because the public perception of ISU is that it's a terrible program, one who celebrates 6-7 with 10 year contract extensions. The perception of ISU by the public isn't changing when they play Oklahoma St or Texas or anyone else in the B12. So either ISU gets up more for this game than others or Iowa has an unusually favorable public perception and is a public favorite.

First off, the Super Bowl assertion is completely silly and I don't believe that rational humans really buy into that. The premise that one team has success because they try harder is a prettt pathetic excuse, right?

I'm not really following your point in the middle of all that text.

But, your last line is pretty much it, in my opinion and I thought most agreed...maybe not?

1977.jpg

First off, the Super Bowl assertion is completely silly and I don't believe that rational humans really buy into that. The premise that one team has success because they try harder is a prettt pathetic excuse, right?

I'm not really following your point in the middle of all that text.

But, your last line is pretty much it, in my opinion and I thought most agreed...maybe not?

Why? Iowa usually has a lot bigger things to play for, like contending for conference titles. What does ISU have to play for? An Insight Bowl berth in that once a decade season? Of course this game is higher up on ISU priority list. Just look at this year, we're two games in and ISU already knows they won't be going to a bowl game. This is your bowl game now.

On the other point, the public perception of ISU isn't changing from game to game. The public perception of ISU is that it's a terrible program. Iowa is not a traditional public favorite. Having a better record against the spread than an Oklahoma St or Texas Tech, definitely points to ISU getting up for this game more than others.

Latest posts