ISU Fans

Most Iowa fans under 40 think the same thing. 2 can play this game. And Iowa has never won squat either.

frabz-OH-NO-HE-diINT-ec8804.jpg

Zero good points from anyone in thread. DW is not an example of some of the lame state fans. He just is a dbag man child.

Rushing court with it being the first both ranked iowa teams in 20 years game isn't too bad. Lil lame but just pry young fans that are insecure about choosing the wrong college sports team to follow.

Never thought DW was such a DB til ISU actually beat Iowa in something. ForeverIowan is and always has been a DB.

Last edited:
Amen. They are the Cubs of collegiate sports, but they walk around like they're the damned Mets!

Not quite. the Cubs once made a World Series...years ago. (then again, perhaps that's analogous to ISU's Mo Valley title in the early 1900s). The Cubs also have one of the most revered venues in their sport, and undying legion of fans and are known as "lovable losers". There's nothing "lovable" about that clones. Their history is more "laughable"

You'll never see a fan base stick out their chests and act like they've just won the Super Bowl or knocked out Muhammad Ali more than when ISU beats Iowa. It is the quintessential example of "little brother syndrome"

Last edited:
Iowa has won several Big 10 titles. But then, you probably knew that.

Nice try and thanks for playing...we have some lovely parting gifts for you.....

I believe the person said something about the last 20 years not 35 years ago.

I believe the person said something about the last 20 years not 35 years ago.

The funny thing is, over the last 25 years, Iowa and ISU records are virtually identical. About the same number of NCAA appearances, virtually same number of wins, and sweet 16 appearances. So even though ISU fan thinks they have dominated over those years they have not. If you go back further than 25 years, Iowa absolutely owns ISU in any kind of comparison.

I feel sorry for Iowa State Fans. I really do. Not only are they are horrible fan base, but their teams will always be second-rate to the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Iowa leads the series in Football, Basketball, Women's Basketball and Wrestling.... some of those by wide margins. That must be difficult to accept.

Iowa has the strength of the Big Ten...the richest conference in collegiate athletics. Along with that comes the publicity, the TV contracts and money and the most powerful conference commissioner of them all, Jim Delaney.

Iowa is ranked in the Forbes Top 25 list of most valuable Football brands. Of course, we all know that Iowa's athletic department budget dwarfs that of ISU's. ISU will never win the facilities arms race, because they will never have the money to keep up.

Ricky Stanzi has won the same number of Bowl Games as ISU has as a program. How sad...

So when Iowa loses to ISU, I always make sure I remember these things. It is hard to be an ISU fan because ISU will forever live in the shadow of Iowa.

In the grand scheme of things, it is always great to be a Hawkeye. Why people want to be a Cyclone fan is well beyond my scope of understanding.

I'm here to blow ya mind with a few FACTS!

Jamie Pollard fired McCarney cuz he found out he was a HOK (and season ticket sales were down) - FACT
George Washington Carver went to ISU (he invented the first computer, in case ya didn't know) - FACT
ISU football has won 4 in a row (not counting 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, or 2013) against the Hoks - FACT
Jim Walden was able to parlay his ISU coaching experience into a successful radio career - FACT
ISU has TWICE as many Missouri Valley Conference football titles as the Hoks - FACT
I heard a guy in line at Kum & Go call ISU "Harvard on I-35". He may have been joking, but - FACT

Let it go. Rushing the court is the perogative of the winner. The loser should just shut up and not embarrass themselves by ******* and moaning about how unfair life is.

I think rushing the court is the prerogative of 18-21 year old students, and nothing more.

I'm here to blow ya mind with a few FACTS!

Jamie Pollard fired McCarney cuz he found out he was a HOK (and season ticket sales were down) - FACT
George Washington Carver went to ISU (he invented the first computer, in case ya didn't know) - FACT
ISU football has won 4 in a row (not counting 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, or 2013) against the Hoks - FACT
Jim Walden was able to parlay his ISU coaching experience into a successful radio career - FACT
ISU has TWICE as many Missouri Valley Conference football titles as the Hoks - FACT
I heard a guy in line at Kum & Go call ISU "Harvard on I-35". He may have been joking, but - FACT

Only a Clown would think a joke about "Harvard on I-35" is a fact, silly clone. The only fact about an I-35 Harvard that can almost be true is Grinnell College, but only a ******* clown thinks ISU is like Harvard.

Seriously it all comes down to Lil Brother syndrome. It explains everything about ISU fan.

Lil Brother Syndrome is number one problem. I pull for ISU when not playing Iowa. I would not spend the money to watch ISU play in a bowl game like I do Iowa. I like ISU womens Bball more than Iowa. Like Bill F. Many fans obsession with Iowa is over the top. Makes it tough to pull for ISU sometimes, but I have to remember Iowa also has some idiotic fans.

Seriously,you're still using the Super Bowl reference? That was so 10 years ago. Come on man, I know you can be more creative than that.

Iowa leads the series in Football, Basketball, Women's Basketball and Wrestling.... some of those by wide margins. That must be difficult to accept.

I'll bet Iowa leads in Baseball, Men's Gymnastics, Men's Swimming & Diving, Men's Tennis, Women's Field Hockey and Women's Rowing as well. Yeah, I know this is a basketball forum, but it's worth noting that these sports aren't even offered at ISU.

Latest posts