ISU fans just lost most AMMO about Ferentz being a "win at all costs" coach

homerHAWKeye777

Booting the most decorated WR, stats-wise, in Iowa history off the team ... and that's heading into a bowl game that could really help the team a lot when it comes to getting a little bit of momentum heading into next season.

This runs completely contrary to what many Cyclone fans tend to write about Ferentz on Cyclone fanatic. Sorry, I just found that fact a bit amusing.

I have never, ever thought of Ferentz as a "win at all costs" coach. He tries to run a very clean program, follows the rules, doesn't over-promise recruits, and he and his team give back to the community. In fact, I'm extremely proud of this program. He cannot control the personal behavior of 90 kids. It is impossible.

Any dumb Cyclone fan that makes that accusation is just jealous of our success and our recent humiliations of Iowa State. They really do have a ton of idiotic posts over there - just childish and ridiculous.

It wouldn't break my heart if we never played them again - we gain nothing from that "rivalry". I would trade 20 wins over Iowa State for 1 win over Ohio State, Penn State or Michigan. Sorry, but that is just the way I feel about it. That game means nothing to me - I rate it up there with playing UNI or Ball State in football - who cares?

I see a bit of a reach here too. With all the doghouse stuff that has gone on with DJK, it could actually be argued that KF did choose winning over other things and that this was a timebomb he was hoping would just never go off publicly.

That isn't what I think, but I could see it as a potential argument over there.

and how many games did Clayborn miss ? oh, thats right..he was called a bad name so that makes it all better.

This would indeed be true as long as you believe that Ferentz didn't have any knowledge or heard any rumor about this before his arrest. Which, if you believe that then apparently he has not learned to do any research as to where his players are living being his roommate was a convicted drug dealer. And if that were true, what is this new player conduct coach doing?

If you don't have complete faith in Ferentz (like those outside of the Iowa fanbase), then you could come to the conclusion that perhaps Ferentz knew about the rumors of drug use and didn't do anything about it until his hand was forced by the police. His comments about DJK not starting the Minnesota game were about as stupid as Shanahan saying that McNabb didn't have the endurance to finish a game earlier this season. His secrecy leaves a lot of room for people to be cynical towards him.

Just thought you may want to see another point of view.

This would indeed be true as long as you believe that Ferentz didn't have any knowledge or heard any rumor about this before his arrest. Which, if you believe that then apparently he has not learned to do any research as to where his players are living being his roommate was a convicted drug dealer. And if that were true, what is this new player conduct coach doing?

If you don't have complete faith in Ferentz (like those outside of the Iowa fanbase), then you could jump to the conclusion that perhaps Ferentz knew about the rumors of drug use and didn't do anything about it until his hand was forced by the police. His comments about DJK not starting the Minnesota game were about as stupid as Shanahan saying that McNabb didn't have the endurance to finish a game earlier this season. His secrecy leaves a lot of room for people to be cynical towards him.

I corrected your little error.

If you don't have complete faith in Ferentz (like those outside of the Iowa fanbase), then you could come to the conclusion that perhaps Ferentz knew about the rumors of drug use and didn't do anything about it until his hand was forced by the police. His comments about DJK not starting the Minnesota game were about as stupid as Shanahan saying that McNabb didn't have the endurance to finish a game earlier this season. His secrecy leaves a lot of room for people to be cynical towards him.

Most of those people are Cyclone fans. Thanks for sharing, Sean Keeler.

and how many games did Clayborn miss ? oh, thats right..he was called a bad name so that makes it all better.

He didn't miss any games, and the charge turned out to be nothing more than a disorderly conduct. I'm not a legal expert by any means, but I'm guessing that most prosecutors aren't going to drop "assault w/injury" to "disorderly conduct" unless they know that their case is pretty weak.

For ****s sake, the moderators on CyFan insisted that nothing less than a 4-game suspension was acceptable. Laughable, really.

I corrected your little error.

Sure, it would be a theory without facts to back it up, but we're talking about a rival fanbase. People jump to conclusions all the time when talking about rival teams. It is nothing new.

No one will ever know for sure when Ferentz knew about this situation. From the message boards comments, it seemed that it was somewhat known throughout the community that this house was known for this sort of thing. One could then 'jump to the conclusion' that the coaching staff had at very least heard the rumors and apparently did nothing to look into it. But, it also is a reach to assume that his arrest was the first time the coaching staff or athletic department heard about this especially considering how fast that press release came out.

Booting the most decorated WR, stats-wise, in Iowa history off the team ... and that's heading into a bowl game that could really help the team a lot when it comes to getting a little bit of momentum heading into next season.

This runs completely contrary to what many Cyclone fans tend to write about Ferentz on Cyclone fanatic. Sorry, I just found that fact a bit amusing.

This might be one of the dumbest damn things I've ever read.

Lets not give Clone fan too much credit here. He lost the ability to play the moral superiority card when Sims only got suspended for one game.

Well then feel free to write a rebuttal. I'm sure you could enlighten us all.

Gladly.

Ferentz's hand was forced on this issue. When a player is arrested for having narcotics in the home, along with everything that is attributed to the distribution of drugs, what else is he going to do? The idea that Ferentz is taking the moral high ground by making a player sit out a single game due to the fact that he's going to be locked up in County is just downright idiotic.

I don't know where you came up with this, but if I had to make a guess it was a definite topic of discussion at the local pay day loan store.

Latest posts