ISU Fans Confident

ISU fans are often dumb, but let's be real. We're doing the same thing after also beating an FCS team.

ISU fans are optimistic against everyone they play. They refuse to believe the reality of their football team because they make excuses for every thing that happens. They believe the excuses they make and would rather dream about a good football team than actually have one. They believe a six win season should put them in the playoffs with their sos argument.

The Clowns' heavy sense of confidence will crush them.

IOWA is the HAWKEYE state, not the Clown state.

Hawks win by double digits.

Clownies gotta clown. I'm gonna have to put some money down on this -4 line. I will be shocked if that thing isn't bet up to -7 for Iowa by game time on Saturday. Take the Hawks, give the 4 and laugh all the way to the bank.

ISU beat Iowa in Iowa City last year and won only one other game all year. ISU seems to be a lot better this year and they are playing at home. Why shouldn't ISU be confident about beating Iowa?

Remember that Iowa was a 13.5 favorite last year.

Last edited:
Any Iowa fan that is confident about this game should have his head examined. Iowa State ALWAYS plays Iowa tough; and, in fact, has defeated Ferentz 9 out of 16 times.

I'd be confident if I was a Clone fan. History has shown that regardless of how good Iowa looks, and how bad ISU looks prior to the game it makes absolutely no difference. I've given up making predictions on this one. Mostly because I'd probably end up with a prediction I hope won't come true.

You play like your competition, and ISU sucks, so, being the road, the Cy-Hawk series, BS, :pthe Hawks will show signs of struggle, but will prevail, just b/c I like using the word "prevail".......

Clowns be clowns, but they have every right to be optimistic considering their track record vs KF.

This game is and always has been about Iowa. When Iowa wins 8 games or more during a season they beat the Clownies (only 1 time has ISU beat a 8+ win Iowa team under KF). If they are a 4, 6 or 7 win team they lose to the Clownies. I think This is a 8+ win team, so I say they win on Saturday.

This should be a pretty good match up. Both team have some bright spots. And oh yeah, F ISU always and forever.

You play like your competition, and ISU sucks, so, being the road, the Cy-Hawk series, BS, :pthe Hawks will show signs of struggle, but will prevail, just b/c I like using the word "prevail".......

"Prevail", although I prefer "dominated" and "stomped on".

Iowa has dominated 2 of the last 3 at Lames dominating 7 of the 8 quarters in those 2 wins. Iowa continues the domination Saturday and wins by 24.

I think UNI is going to struggle this year, and I expect Illinois State to go on and have a pretty solid season. Possibly even compete for a title again. I think that win will look pretty good down the road even though it's against an FCS team. The way Iowa dominated them in every phase was impressive. Especially considering they had a very solid QB/RB combo and Iowa has struggled against running QBs in the past. What I saw on Saturday was encouraging.

Although I believe Iowa State has improved defensively I don't think they've improved enough to stop Iowa's running game in it's tracks. On the flip side ISU will not run on Iowa. Richardson will be forced to make plays and frankly I don't think he's good enough to make enough plays to keep ISU in the game or give them the win.

I predict Iowa wins and covers.

Illinois State and UNI are on two different levels.

Not really, or historically I should say. UNI has been a more consistent program than Ill State. An aberration year is having a bad year for them and they don't have bad years in a row too much.

Lets compare. Both Iowa and Iowa State beat top FCS schools by about the same score. Ill State was dealing with new line and were a bit undersized in their lines. Not sure about UNI.

Ill State had a terrific season last year but you can't say they are on two different levels because of one year. One year can be an aberration.

Latest posts