ISU BBall finding it difficult to sign transfers

This is the same reporter that thinks it's time to get rid of the post-game handshake.

Evidently, he forgot about all of the touching, tackling, grabbing, sweating that goes on during the actual competition.

After that story, Randy Peterson lost a lot of credibility.

He's not the only one ...

ISU is in poor position right now and most likely for a couple years. Not winning games, high level grad transfers want to win now, thats not ISU. Coach's seat is extreemly warm now, will be hot mid way through next year and depending on the financial strength of the athletic department, might not be asked back for the 2021 season? this will have an impact on recruiting. Only hope is that this class is full of studs and not duds.

ISU is in poor position right now and most likely for a couple years. Not winning games, high level grad transfers want to win now, thats not ISU. Coach's seat is extreemly warm now, will be hot mid way through next year and depending on the financial strength of the athletic department, might not be asked back for the 2021 season? this will have an impact on recruiting. Only hope is that this class is full of studs and not duds.

Can they afford his buyout? His contract goes through 2025, and he receives half of the total compensation remaining on his contract, that could be a hefty chunk of change. Looks like he makes roughly $2.4M / year, so if they ditch him after 2021, with 4 years left on his contract, that would be a big fat $4.8M check right?. I mean I know our AD can lose that in a single lawsuit, but we're in a better place financially than ISU is. I feel like they're stuck with him for at least a couple more years.

Can they afford his buyout? His contract goes through 2025, and he receives half of the total compensation remaining on his contract, that could be a hefty chunk of change. Looks like he makes roughly $2.4M / year, so if they ditch him after 2021, with 4 years left on his contract, that would be a big fat $4.8M check right?. I mean I know our AD can lose that in a single lawsuit, but we're in a better place financially than ISU is. I feel like they're stuck with him for at least a couple more years.

If there is a problem with competitiveness, and people stop going to games, the administration may have not choice but to take action. At that point the AD would give a couple donors a call and say hey - I'm going to make a change do I have your support ($$$). 2020 safe obvoisly. 2021 there better be a big change and upward trajectory of the program. This includes a solid 2021 class and the 2020 class coming in better be gold.

In the transfer world we live in, success attracts success. When you build your entire program around transfers, as ISU has done, you better make darn sure you're successful. 2 consecutive bad years, and 3 of 4 stinkers, is gonna be very hard for Prohm to overcome and I think he'll be gone after the 20-21 season.

Beatles song "You Never Give Me Your Money"

But oh, that magic feeling, nowhere to go
Oh, that magic feeling
Nowhere to go, nowhere to go

Latest posts