Isaiah Washington

mopkins

King Kong
Transferring from the gophers. Will sit out a season and have 2 years left

Not saying Fran should go after him, but he's the exact kind of slasher Iowa really needs. He can't shoot for shit

No thanks. Fran is apparently going after DJ Harvey a SG from ND who averaged 10 and 4 this year and a former top 60 recruit. Would have to sit out one year to play two which I think is a good fit given we really don’t have a lot of minutes next year.

No thanks. Fran is apparently going after DJ Harvey a SG from ND who averaged 10 and 4 this year and a former top 60 recruit. Would have to sit out one year to play two which I think is a good fit given we really don’t have a lot of minutes next year.

Is another SG really the answer?

(Not that Washington IS the answer)

Is another SG really the answer?

(Not that Washington IS the answer)
Again this would be for 2020 as Harvey would have to sit out a year. Lots of minutes available that year with a JBo and Moss moving on. Iowa’s chances aren’t good but I’d absolutely take him.

Again this would be for 2020 as Harvey would have to sit out a year. Lots of minutes available that year with a JBo and Moss moving on. Iowa’s chances aren’t good but I’d absolutely take him.

Might be a good fit, but his 2 year stats to this point are rather ho-hum without knowing much about him. If he's a slasher/scorer thats awesome, but his 3 pointer would be behind JW, Garza and even Nunge right now.

Might be a good fit, but his 2 year stats to this point are rather ho-hum without knowing much about him. If he's a slasher/scorer thats awesome, but his 3 pointer would be behind JW, Garza and even Nunge right now.
Well he’d have a full year to work on his shot. He made 33.33% as a freshman. ND was a complete dumpster fire this year that had a lot of injuries. I wouldn’t read a whole lot into their stats, guys were probably tasked with doing more than they are capable of. Again Iowa isn’t likely going to get him so not really worth the discussion at this point.

True. Just checked out his stats. Good size but a terrible 3 point shooter. More of a mid range guy right now it seems

This is off topic but your post reminded me of something I was thinking about the other day. Remember how bad of a shooting team Iowa was when Marble was an upperclassmen? Crazy how different the team looks now but not really better or worse. Those teams did fairly well and couldn't buy a jump shot ever. It was clang city all game every game yet the team hung around and won their fair share. Not sure why I thought of that.

This is off topic but your post reminded me of something I was thinking about the other day. Remember how bad of a shooting team Iowa was when Marble was an upperclassmen? Crazy how different the team looks now but not really better or worse. Those teams did fairly well and couldn't buy a jump shot ever. It was clang city all game every game yet the team hung around and won their fair share. Not sure why I thought of that.

I loved that team marbles senior year. Went to Atlantis to watch them even. Tons of talent but a weird mix of talent and they just ended up disappointing. That team started the Fran collapse era.

Looking at that roster now it's baffling they didn't do more... white, uthoff, marble, woodbury and jok all on that roster....2 got drafted...all 5 played in the g league....marble and uthoff got a cup of coffee in the NBA. They were just all at different points in their careers.

Well he’d have a full year to work on his shot. He made 33.33% as a freshman. ND was a complete dumpster fire this year that had a lot of injuries. I wouldn’t read a whole lot into their stats, guys were probably tasked with doing more than they are capable of. Again Iowa isn’t likely going to get him so not really worth the discussion at this point.

I dunno Iowa would have a lot to sell. Tons of guard minutes coming off the book in 2 years. Plus a team that loves to shoot

With Hoiberg now at Nebraska the transfer market I imagine will be dried up soon. I don't get all the love though for a mid major player that only averaged 10 PPG.

I loved that team marbles senior year. Went to Atlantis to watch them even. Tons of talent but a weird mix of talent and they just ended up disappointing. That team started the Fran collapse era.

Looking at that roster now it's baffling they didn't do more... white, uthoff, marble, woodbury and jok all on that roster....2 got drafted...all 5 played in the g league....marble and uthoff got a cup of coffee in the NBA. They were just all at different points in their careers.

Your last sentence summed it up. Jok was hardly a factor yet. Uthoff was pretty average. White was good, and Marble was really good. They probably under achieved a couple games in the regular season but either way were probably going to end up in a really tough second round game. It was possible they could have finished good and got a top 5 seed or so, but that would have been over achieving imo.

He had knee surgery so I don't know how that would effect his athletic ability. He is a pretty good free throw shooter.

Your last sentence summed it up. Jok was hardly a factor yet. Uthoff was pretty average. White was good, and Marble was really good. They probably under achieved a couple games in the regular season but either way were probably going to end up in a really tough second round game. It was possible they could have finished good and got a top 5 seed or so, but that would have been over achieving imo.
Pretty much agree except I think Uthoff was extremely under utilized by Fran that year.

Only played 18 minutes a game yet was second on the team in blocks, led the team in 3pt %, led the team in FT%, 2nd in defensive rating, and 4th on the team in rebounds.

Fran tried playing McCabe and Basabe, who were decent players, but more of those minutes should have gone to JU in my opinion.

I think if JU started at the 3 from day 1 that team would have been much better. White would have played in his better spot at the 4. 3pt shooting would have improved quite a bit. McCabe and Basabe would get spot minutes of about 10-15.

Last edited: