Isaiah Washington

Pretty much agree except I think Uthoff was extremely under utilized by Fran that year.

Only played 18 minutes a game yet was second on the team in blocks, led the team in 3pt %, led the team in FT%, 2nd in defensive rating, and 4th on the team in rebounds.

Fran tried playing McCabe and Basabe, who were decent players, but more of those minutes should have gone to JU in my opinion.

I think if JU started at the 3 from day 1 that team would have been much better. White would have played in his better spot at the 4. 3pt shooting would have improved quite a bit. McCabe and Basabe would get spot minutes of about 10-15.
I agree.

This team needs a game changer at the point guard position. This guy isn’t that guy.

No thanks to an ex Gofer who hardly played.

I tend to agree, but the Gophers seem to prefer the ball in coffeys hands which limited Washington. Last year they had Nate Mason run the point so thats why he hardly played.

Washington was a 4 star recruit and rated the 2nd best player out of NY by 247. He also was an ESPN top 100 recruit (68th). He also had 2.8 assists per game in 16 minutes this year with a 2:1 assist to turnover ratio. Extrapolate that to a full 30 minutes and hes a 5-6 assist player....exactly what Iowa is lacking severely

He also seems like a headcase from what I've heard from Gopher friends.

I also seriously doubt Dick would let him go to a big ten school

I tend to agree, but the Gophers seem to prefer the ball in coffeys hands which limited Washington. Last year they had Nate Mason run the point so thats why he hardly played.

Washington was a 4 star recruit and rated the 2nd best player out of NY by 247. He also was an ESPN top 100 recruit (68th). He also had 2.8 assists per game in 16 minutes this year with a 2:1 assist to turnover ratio. Extrapolate that to a full 30 minutes and hes a 5-6 assist player....exactly what Iowa is lacking severely

He also seems like a headcase from what I've heard from Gopher friends.

I also seriously doubt Dick would let him go to a big ten school

We had a news report up here on him. Said he lost his love of basketball. Thats a big red flag.

Joe T should fill the need at PG. I know we should never assume, but for argument's sake I'm going to do just that and assume he will start at point.
So in reflecting on what was one of the more frustrating areas of concern about this past season, I would say rebounding.
I know we out-rebounded a lot of teams, but I'm talking about recruiting somebody with potential to be a dominant rebounder. Somebody that has all the makings to just own the boards and be a 8-10 pt / 8-10 rebound guy every single time he walks onto the court.
kissclipart-gorilla-beast-clipart-king-kong-gorilla-godzilla-ce3dce249597b342.png