Isaiah Pryor - OSU Transfer

I exchanged some texts with Richard this morning. As many of you remember, he played here.

He told me Isaiah would be interested in Iowa (that's not to say Iowa is his favorite or anything).

He will be a grad transfer with two years of eligibility. He plans on being at his new school in January.

We'll see how it goes.
Awesome work Rob!

Given those parameters (enrolling in spring ball and two years of immediate eligibility) I think he’s going to get a lot of attention. Although it’s probably a long shot, hopefully the Iowa staff throws their name into the mix.

For those folks didn't follow his recruitment or forgot about the details (like me. I forget everything these days), here's a look at his impressive offer list coming out of high school:

LINK

For those folks didn't follow his recruitment or forgot about the details (like me. I forget everything these days), here's a look at his impressive offer list coming out of high school:

LINK

Rob, If I remember correctly, Isaiah's older brother was a non-rostered walk-on for the Hawkeyes for a couple of seasons earlier this decade. Is that correct? Any reason to believe that experience for the family could give the Hawks a leg up in this?

Rob, If I remember correctly, Isaiah's older brother was a non-rostered walk-on for the Hawkeyes for a couple of seasons earlier this decade. Is that correct? Any reason to believe that experience for the family could give the Hawks a leg up in this?

Yes. Richard Jr. was a walk-on for football on an academic scholarship for engineering.

The Pryor family thinks very highly of Iowa. LeVar Woods would be the point man here like he was with AJ Epenesa.

That kid looks very athletic. Probably a starter almost anywhere else but tOSU. Phil Parker would probably turn him into an NFL guy. Maybe a good fit at cash for Iowa.

I received some more feedback on this situation during the weekend. At least at this point, I'm not encouraged that there will be a marriage here. That said, it's a fluid situation. I'll keep you updated on what I hear.

I received some more feedback on this situation during the weekend. At least at this point, I'm not encouraged that there will be a marriage here. That said, it's a fluid situation. I'll keep you updated on what I hear.
Well good work on that nonetheless Rob.

I think our secondary is in good shape in the coming years. Belton is going to be tough to keep off the field and current safety commit Reggie Bracy looks like a good one as well. Hankins is a JR, and DJ Johnson, Moss, Brents, and Harris are all underclassmen.

A little concerned about Brents. I know I’m a conspiracy theorist after the Nixon thing last year but this Brents situation is getting weirder by the week. Seems like radio silence from the staff on the injury. Maybe I’m reading too much into it or maybe we will hear more about it today.