Isaiah Moss

These Iowa teams have THE WORST passing lanes of any Iowa team I can remember. Goes back to the spacing and ball movement with the pass. Freaking pass the ball and move the defense already! How many times did Cook or the rest of the team pass right into a defender last night? They had a lot of passing TO's.

Exactly. Only Iowa can make basic passes so difficult.

Yeah, Moss aint there yet - instead, other players are getting minutes. That's what is best right now. I was encouraged by a lot last night. The turnovers hurt... but I thought BE, JB and MD all played better then at most points this season. Nunge seemed to have a coming out party and it seemed to me that Fran is starting to identify what is going to work for this team. It sucked to lose, but I am more hopeful after last night then I was a week ago. It was a bad ISU team... and I realize that,but, the team at least had a pulse last night.

You were encouraged by BE's poor defense and abundant misses? I'm sorry, but he wouldn't play more than 5-10mins a game on any other D1 roster, and that's if he's hitting shots. Which he didn't do last night.

Exactly. Only Iowa can make basic passes so difficult.

Especially true when your team has so called 4 guys that can shoot 3 pointers on the court. Spread the ball out to pull the D out and pass the ball until you get a cut or a passing lane. Fred Hoiberg did great with his teams. Remember how far they would spread the half court with players, because they would have 4 or 5 on the court that could shoot the 3.This would open up the inside.

Wisky spreads and keeps passing until they find a mismatch to exploit then for the the quick hit. They'll do it the entire shot clock if they have to. Disciplined. Amazing with how low of turnovers they end up with. They do a lot of passing.

Garza is an absolutely liability out there right now, he is so slow and has no idea where to go on defense. His stretch of play in the 2H cost us the game in my opinion. If I were making a rotation right now he would certainly not be in it.

Edit: I wish I could find the video of the ISU and one dunk. Garza was playing the bottom of Iowa’s zone and sprinted (well stomped I should say) out to a guy that past the free throw line extended area and clapped his hands like he was going to effect the pass. The guy dropped it down for an easy and one slam. The look on Baer’s face was priceless.

Lol, I remember that play and Baer’s reaction. Baer actually wagged his head back and forth after that play.

You were encouraged by BE's poor defense and abundant misses? I'm sorry, but he wouldn't play more than 5-10mins a game on any other D1 roster, and that's if he's hitting shots. Which he didn't do last night.

Yeah, he didn't shoot very well, and you are correct, he wouldn't be playing for many D1 schools. I did like how he moved without the ball. I liked how he got open and got good looks. He just didn't hit em. I also realize that Iowa is not a very good basketball team. I've come to grips with that and now I am going to analyze the team accordingly and the fact is, none of our other guards are moving like he is within the offense and IMO - he's playing better then he has at any other point in his career.

That doesn't mean that I think he's going pro tomorrow or going to be All B1G. He's actually playing better then his previous seasons now that he's not being forced to play back up PG

Latest posts