Isaiah Moss?

I think it will be ( 1 thru 5): Williams, Jok, Jones, Wagner and Uhl. Lots of size and shooting and Wagner brings the ferocity on the boards.

I would REALLY like to see the 2nd unit come in, like a line switch in hockey, and run the full-court press. These guys may not be tall, but athletic as heck: Fleming, Moss, Hutton, Baer and Cook. Fran has referenced that Fleming could be a back-up PG if needed. I think Ellingson transfers and Bohannon, Pemsl and Kreiner all Redshirt.

Zero inside on Ellingson leaving... just seems like he may be left out since he can't hit the open 3s. Really hope he proves me wrong.

I think the odds of (a healthy) Bohannon not playing are less than 1%. I am very confident he will play just like Clemmons and Gesell did.

I think the odds of Ellingson leaving are less than 5%. He's in the rotation and getting some playing time. He's already taken a red shirt. The only way I see him leaving is if he doesn't get much playing time the next 2 years and leaves as a graduate transfer...like Stokes did. He could go somewhere and get some playing time as a 5th year senior. But this is only a transfer hypothetical. I think he's staying put for the next 3 years.

I think it will be ( 1 thru 5): Williams, Jok, Jones, Wagner and Uhl. Lots of size and shooting and Wagner brings the ferocity on the boards.

I would REALLY like to see the 2nd unit come in, like a line switch in hockey, and run the full-court press. These guys may not be tall, but athletic as heck: Fleming, Moss, Hutton, Baer and Cook. Fran has referenced that Fleming could be a back-up PG if needed. I think Ellingson transfers and Bohannon, Pemsl and Kreiner all Redshirt.

Zero inside on Ellingson leaving... just seems like he may be left out since he can't hit the open 3s. Really hope he proves me wrong.

Seems kind of early to say Ellingson can't hit the open 3. He has some times, other times he hasn't. I think he needs more time to show it. It'd be more likely that Fleming transfers than Ellingson but who knows.

I think the odds of (a healthy) Bohannon not playing are less than 1%. I am very confident he will play just like Clemmons and Gesell did.

I think the odds of Ellingson leaving are less than 5%. He's in the rotation and getting some playing time. He's already taken a red shirt. The only way I see him leaving is if he doesn't get much playing time the next 2 years and leaves as a graduate transfer...like Stokes did. He could go somewhere and get some playing time as a 5th year senior. But this is only a transfer hypothetical. I think he's staying put for the next 3 years.

You coud very well be right! I have no inside info and have never even seen a practice. Just calling it like I see it from here. Hopefully one of these underclassmen becomes a real force. For my money, I think it will be Moss.

I think Fran has to redshirt some people next year to spread out the scholarships more. There's such a glut of scholarships all in one spot since Peter is the only Junior and Dom is the only Sophomore. It kind of depends on where Dale Jones fits in as well.

Kriener seems like an obvious target for a redshirt but next year's team will need size inside so it probably depends on how Cook is and how Dale Jones recovers. Dom putting on yet another 15 pounds of muscle wouldn't hurt either

Call me crazy, but if I was a D1 athlete in their position, I would LOVE to redshirt a year.

Get use to the college life, classes, compete in practice. Come back in the fall and still have all 4 years to play.

Like i said, if I was in their shoes, I would actually like to redshirt for a year. Especially if I was just gonna ride the pine anyways.

Seems kind of early to say Ellingson can't hit the open 3. He has some times, other times he hasn't. I think he needs more time to show it. It'd be more likely that Fleming transfers than Ellingson but who knows.

I would really be disappoint in Fran if this were the case.

Flemming has tremendous upside.

Ellingson has none.

Call me crazy, but if I was a D1 athlete in their position, I would LOVE to redshirt a year.

Get use to the college life, classes, compete in practice. Come back in the fall and still have all 4 years to play.

Like i said, if I was in their shoes, I would actually like to redshirt for a year. Especially if I was just gonna ride the pine anyways.

I gotta imagine its really hard for this level of bball player to sit out a year. its probably a huge shot to their ego since they're used to starring on the court and dominating, then suddenly their coaches are telling them they need a year to develop and not play in any games and fight for their PT.

I agree with you though, it would be awesome to get a redshirt. I just try to put myself in the shoes of these kids, and I can't imagine they like it too much.

I think the red shirt could be sold to young kids as the best possible way to get you to the NBA or to play professional basketball. You have to make them think it is all about them. Depends on the players ego and who is selling them on the idea. Having examples of red shirt success doesn't hurt the case either such as Baer. Hopefully the same for Moss and Hutton who are very athletic. Uthoff sitting out has only helped him make more money once his college career is over.

Baer made it one of his conditions before he would agree to walk on at Iowa. He can talk to the young guys and give them first hand knowledge on the advantages.

Fleming was the man in high school and chose to transfer to a school with better competition and come off the bench. That doesn't sound like a kid who would transfer out of a school because the competition was too tough for him.

Fleming was the man in high school and chose to transfer to a school with better competition and come off the bench. That doesn't sound like a kid who would transfer out of a school because the competition was too tough for him.

And he's into the games. It's not like he's sitting over there sulking. He's totally invested in this team IMO.

Heck, all those players know that 4 guys are gone after this year.

If they can't sniff the playing time available next year and want to transfer, well, then this level of basketball probably isn't for them.

Even if next year you only get 6-7 minutes a game, that's still not bad for a freshman and can only go up from there.

That being said, it's usually recruiting that has something to do with that. If they think better players are coming in and will leap them, that is usually when they look to move on.

. . . . . Ellingson has none.

What are you basing this on? Brady is a 1st year player and only the 2nd game this year he scored 20 pts. This alone proves that Brady can play.

As a 1st year player, Iowa doesn't need Brady to be a stat stuffer this year. He needs solid defense, not turn the ball over and give the starters a rest. During the Big10 conference, he only has 3 turnovers. That's unbelievable for his first year against the schedule we've played so far.

I think Brady has a huge upside.