Isaiah Moss?

yeah Dale Jones I'm just going to take a wait and see approach. It doesnt sound good for him though from what Fran said after it happened.

While next year's team probably won't have the success of this years, I think they're a bubble team or better. I would assume Jok is a preseason all big ten 1st teamer. Uhl has made huge strides this year from last year, and you'd think next year with more playing time and more seniority on the team he will do even greater things. Wagner and Baer have shown flashes in short minutes as well.

The huge question mark will be at PG obviously. Williams has been shaky at best and hasn't played a whole bunch. Clemmons and Gesell have talked him up though, but who knows how that translates.

Tyler Cook I think will be a factor because of his size already. He's already 6'9" and 240 pounds. To give you an idea, Wagner is 6'7" 225 and Woodbury is 7'1" 250. So cook already has decent size for the big ten. He's not going to come in next year underweight like maybe Uhl or Besabe did. Also, he was heavily recruited by a lot of schools, including kansas, and he chose iowa. That doesn't always translate into instant success, but it can't hurt.

oh yeah, and this is his junior highlight video...JUNIOR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAyFFdFpXRw

I like how Cook anticipates the rebound and then slams it home.... He does that well. He seems to do it with ease. And he does it with either hand. He's a keeper. If he can develop an outside shot, he will be dangerous

Sounds like they (Moss and HUtton) are doing what Nic Baer did last year... being the studs on the Scout teams that our 1st team practices against to prepare. It really helped Baer's game ... hopefully the same growth is happening for Moss and Hutton.

It would be nice to hear some insider info on these two. I think their defense will be key. They are definitely getting a good workout against the 1st teamsters. That experience is huge.

Kyle Meyer might have been pretty good had he stuck it out. That was also when Iowa had no talent at all so a 5th year Meyer probably sounded pretty good to Fran at the time.

Kyle Meyer is barely playing for Houston now

His knee is that messed up?
It sounds like he's had multiple issues with that knee. Fran said Dale has a choice to make. I really hope he comes back. This team would be even better if he were here this year.

Kyle Meyer is barely playing for Houston now

That's what happens when you're the type of person who bails for playing time. Had he stayed here and worked, things may have been different. Clemmons stayed and worked. If he didn't, he could be barely playing for Houston right now.

It sounds like he's had multiple issues with that knee. Fran said Dale has a choice to make. I really hope he comes back. This team would be even better if he were here this year.

I thought when he said that he was referring to whether or not he wanted to pursue a 6th year.

That's what happens when you're the type of person who bails for playing time. Had he stayed here and worked, things may have been different. Clemmons stayed and worked. If he didn't, he could be barely playing for Houston right now.

Agree to disagree. I don't think Meyer was ever going to be a Big Ten caliber player

Agree to disagree. I don't think Meyer was ever going to be a Big Ten caliber player

You must not have seen him get that rebound dunk a couple weeks ago. He very well may have never panned out. But working for 3 years with this staff and this team doesn't necessarily put him down the same path as the one he went down . Maybe all the players at Houston are slackers. The players here definitely aren't and good work ethic can be contagious.

I thought when he said that he was referring to whether or not he wanted to pursue a 6th year.
Maybe that's it, but I know he's had a lot of trouble, so I thought it was more of is it worth it to go through all of that if he's not even sure he can play?

Really worried about not really having a point guard next year. If if CW can play well, that's still only one. We are going to miss Sapp next year more than most people think. I wasn't a big Sapp guy until this year. His defense has been unbelievable this year, and he has been much more under control on offense this season.

You must not have seen him get that rebound dunk a couple weeks ago. He very well may have never panned out. But working for 3 years with this staff and this team doesn't necessarily put him down the same path as the one he went down . Maybe all the players at Houston are slackers. The players here definitely aren't and good work ethic can be contagious.

He's averaging 2.7 ppg for Houston. I find it hard to believe he would be a contributor for a top 5 team regardless of how hard he worked. He definitely doesn't look like he has the talent to be a player at this level

Maybe that's it, but I know he's had a lot of trouble, so I thought it was more of is it worth it to go through all of that if he's not even sure he can play?

I wonder if anyone had heard any quotes from Jones that they can share? If Fran meant it that way, it means Jones expressed doubt to Fran about continuing because Fran has no right to say that otherwise.

I wonder if anyone had heard any quotes from Jones that they can share? If Fran meant it that way, it means Jones expressed doubt to Fran about continuing because Fran has no right to say that otherwise.
It honestly could be that me and others I've talked to are completely misinterpreting the situation and you are right.

It honestly could be that me and others I've talked to are completely misinterpreting the situation and you are right.

It is my experience that PChawk is probably wrong.

Sorry PC, but that was low hanging fruit that I couldn't pass up.

Jones' knee is healing nicely and his rehab is going well. Should not be an issue going forward. Moss tears it up in practice and scrimmages. He has talent but needs more basketball IQ. He should play a big role next season. Don't despair, Iowa bb will look different next year but we will still be pretty good.

Blisters sure do hurt.

Latest posts