Isaiah Moss?

tksirius

HN's Love Doctor
Anyone know how he's progressing? Watched some of his highlights and he's got IT on offense, but can't find much for defense.

I think he's gonna be a stud, Fran just knew there wasn't much playing time for him this year so didn't want to burn a year of his eligibility. Same with Hutton.

Sounds like they (Moss and HUtton) are doing what Nic Baer did last year... being the studs on the Scout teams that our 1st team practices against to prepare. It really helped Baer's game ... hopefully the same growth is happening for Moss and Hutton.

Without having seen them I have no clue. I saw a sweet athletic dunk that Hutton did in practice that Jok recorded. Other than that I have no clue about either of their games. I thought we'd see more of Fleming than Ellingson but I've been way wrong about that too so I'm not going to guess about either of em.

Playing against a top 5 team nationally everyday in practice...they have to be getting better. And I like that Moss can focus on his academics in year 1. Get off to a good start so it's not an issue later.

Playing against a top 5 team nationally everyday in practice...they have to be getting better. And I like that Moss can focus on his academics in year 1. Get off to a good start so it's not an issue later.

I don't think Fran would redshirt a guy that he didn't think would be valuable in the future. A lot of the guys don't want to redshirt, but Moss and Hutton should be pretty good.

I don't think Fran would redshirt a guy that he didn't think would be valuable in the future. A lot of the guys don't want to redshirt, but Moss and Hutton should be pretty good.

I think both will be good for us in the future but he did redshirt Kyle Meyer too

Remember, Moss didn't get eligible until later in the summer and he would be playing behind Jok and/or Clemmons and fighting for time against Ellingson. I think it was a matter of not wasting his time for token minutes and making sure he got the transition down academically.

Now, he seems to have no issue giving Fleming token minutes. And, with Williams, he has to because that kid is going to be counted on next season at the point -- with no other option but an incoming freshman for competition.

And, no, Moss cannot and does not play PG for those who have speculated he can in the past.

My thought is that Moss could be ready to step right in and start next year depending on how well he developed during his redshirt. Obviously Jok is going to be your shooting guard, but Moss plays the small forward as well. Could be looking at:

PG - Williams
SG - Jok
SF - Moss
PF - Uhl
PF - Wagner

Its a decent lineup, especially with the season Jok and Uhl are having. Iowa loses a lot of size but picks up a lot of athleticism. Baer and Ellingson seem better off the bench, especially Baer. He brings the energy for the second line and for the front of the press that's great to see.

I'd also expect 6'9" Tyler Cook to step right in next season and get some serious minutes.

I think both will be good for us in the future but he did redshirt Kyle Meyer too

Kyle Meyer might have been pretty good had he stuck it out. That was also when Iowa had no talent at all so a 5th year Meyer probably sounded pretty good to Fran at the time.

Really looking forward to Tyler Cook. He will be a game changer.

Not saying your wrong but just asking why you think that? The line up that was listed previously in this thread has me thinking "YIKES".

Am I surprised at how well our current team is doing? Not at all. What surprised me was the slow jump out of the gate at the beginning of the season. I said back when Uthoff said he was coming to Iowa that the current senior class along with Uthoff and Joc would be one of those very special teams. Enjoying every minute of it. GO hawks and pound the Indiana Losers. (Not a typo). :)

Not saying your wrong but just asking why you think that? The line up that was listed previously in this thread has me thinking "YIKES".

Am I surprised at how well our current team is doing? Not at all. What surprised me was the slow jump out of the gate at the beginning of the season. I said back when Uthoff said he was coming to Iowa that the current senior class along with Uthoff and Joc would be one of those very special teams. Enjoying every minute of it. GO hawks and pound the Indiana Losers. (Not a typo). :)

Most teams only have 2 good players and bunch of roll players. Jok will be one of the best players in the conference next year and Uhl will be a 2nd or 3rd team player. Wagner would probably be like Besabe was his freshman year if he had the minutes so he will be a legit Big 10 starter next year. That leaves 2 spots to worry about.

I think between Williams and Bohannon, the point guard spot will be at least as good as it was Gesell's freshman year. It won't be great but we were a bubble team that could have gotten in with a better non conference schedule. That leaves one more spot and it could come from any one of the 2 through 5 spots with the versatility of the other 4 starters.

While next year's team probably won't have the success of this years, I think they're a bubble team or better. I would assume Jok is a preseason all big ten 1st teamer. Uhl has made huge strides this year from last year, and you'd think next year with more playing time and more seniority on the team he will do even greater things. Wagner and Baer have shown flashes in short minutes as well.

The huge question mark will be at PG obviously. Williams has been shaky at best and hasn't played a whole bunch. Clemmons and Gesell have talked him up though, but who knows how that translates.

Tyler Cook I think will be a factor because of his size already. He's already 6'9" and 240 pounds. To give you an idea, Wagner is 6'7" 225 and Woodbury is 7'1" 250. So cook already has decent size for the big ten. He's not going to come in next year underweight like maybe Uhl or Besabe did. Also, he was heavily recruited by a lot of schools, including kansas, and he chose iowa. That doesn't always translate into instant success, but it can't hurt.

oh yeah, and this is his junior highlight video...JUNIOR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAyFFdFpXRw

Excited to see Cook, Moss, Hutton, Williams, etc in next year's lineup. I expect some growing pains as these guys adjust to playing major D1 competition.

How awesome would it have been to be able to redshirt guys in the past like a Woody, Sapp, Jok, Uhl, etc. They all really coming into their own as they mature and develop. Some are playing the best ball as seniors.

My thought is that Moss could be ready to step right in and start next year depending on how well he developed during his redshirt. Obviously Jok is going to be your shooting guard, but Moss plays the small forward as well. Could be looking at:

PG - Williams
SG - Jok
SF - Moss
PF - Uhl
PF - Wagner

Don't forget about Dale Jones 6-8 / 220 - 45% from 3. He's going to be dangerous.

Stats per espn
Dale Jones6 13.05.53.0 0.5 0.2 0.3 0.7.400.000.450

I think Moss is a key. If he is as good as I think he may be this team will be very fun to watch at the very least. If Moss, Uhl, and Cook can get around 10 a night alongside Pete, scoring will not be an issue. Uhl may be closer to the 12-14 range if he keeps developing. We have plenty of length and depth to be a good defensive team as well. I could go several different ways on the starting 5 but that's a long ways out.

Latest posts