Is Weisman a 25 carry per game back??

Weisman has a career 5.2 ypc on 209 carries. He destroyed conference opponent Minnesota. He averaged 4.5ypc on 26 carries against Michigan State, who had the 8th best rushing defense in the country last year. He did struggle some after his injury, but is back to averaging 5.6ypc this year.

But, lets ignore all that and complain about him.

ICHawk24, you could also say that Weisman's game against Minny was only statistically average. Minny finished 8th (lower than Iowa at 7th) last season against the run in the BIG. Minny allowed an average of 174.3 ypg. Weisman had 177. The only other 2 BIG games that Weisman played the entire game (MSU / Nebby), Weisman was statistically average against MSU (116 yards against a team that allowed 100 ypg) and below average against Nebby (91 yards against the 11th ranked defense giving up 194 ypg). I believe Weisman is not, athletically, a tailback. He is a fullback.

ICHawk24, you could also say that Weisman's game against Minny was only statistically average. Minny finished 8th (lower than Iowa at 7th) last season against the run in the BIG. Minny allowed an average of 174.3 ypg. Weisman had 177. The only other 2 BIG games that Weisman played the entire game (MSU / Nebby), Weisman was statistically average against MSU (116 yards against a team that allowed 100 ypg) and below average against Nebby (91 yards against the 11th ranked defense giving up 194 ypg). I believe Weisman is not, athletically, a tailback. He is a fullback.

So you're comparing Weisman as an individual to the average TEAM total against these teams? He averaged over 8 yards a carry against Minnesota, yet its "statistically average"? MSU allowed 3.3 ypc on the season, while Weisman averaged 4.5 against them. Weisman wasn't great against Nebraska, but he was still injured. I also don't think we can expect him to destroy every team he faces.

You have very little understanding of statistics.

So you're comparing Weisman as an individual to the average TEAM total against these teams? He averaged over 8 yards a carry against Minnesota, yet its "statistically average"? MSU allowed 3.3 ypc on the season, while Weisman averaged 4.5 against them. Weisman wasn't great against Nebraska, but he was still injured. I also don't think we can expect him to destroy every team he faces.

You have very little understanding of statistics.

Sorry, ICHawk24, I think you're trying to make something out of nothing, here. If an average of "something" is 1 and you do 1, what is your performance? And against Nebby, Weisman averaged only 3.1 ypc when Nebby allowed 4.8 ypc.

He came into this week as one of the top rushers in the big 10! I hope he stays healthy and continue to run over opposing defenses. 1400 yards this year is not out of the question.

Sorry, ICHawk24, I think you're trying to make something out of nothing, here. If an average of "something" is 1 and you do 1, what is your performance? And against Nebby, Weisman averaged only 3.1 ypc when Nebby allowed 4.8 ypc.

My God, are you really this stupid?

Weisman (ONE guy) did what entire TEAMS averaged against Minnesota and MSU, and he did it while averaging much more ypc than other teams. Say teams have an average of 3 ballcarriers (2 backs and the QB). You split those 177 amongst 3 guys, and you have an average of 59 yards per runner. Calling a 177-yard effort on 8 ypc "average" is just asinine.

Montee Ball was below average against Minnesota last year. He only ran for 166 yards (on 6.9 ypc). Nevermind that James White ran for 175 (and averaged 11.7 ypc).

Your logic REALLY doesn't track here.