Is this a preemptive move to get Texas?

wuppup

1) Get a couple smaller teams in potentially big markets.
2) Let the other conferences scramble to go to 16.
3) Texas has no choice but to make a move and can justify leaving their baggage (Tech) behind.
4) ND follows Texas.

In Delaney we trust.

Interesting thought.
But what if FSU and Clemson jump to the Big 12? Which I think happens if MAryland gets that $50 million reduced.

Add Maryland to entice Texas who is already making more money than any team in the B10 by a wide margin.

Makes perfect sense.

Interesting thought.
But what if FSU and Clemson jump to the Big 12? Which I think happens if MAryland gets that $50 million reduced.

Why didn't they make the move earlier when the rumors were there? Texas wanted ND included. Texas can come up with some other excuse to get this move blocked again, I am sure some other dumb schools will go along with them, and keep the big 12 reeling.

3) Texas has no choice but to make a move and can justify leaving their baggage (Tech) behind.
4) ND follows Texas.

In Delaney we trust.

WTF? More than likely, the Big 12 swoops up some decent football teams out of the ACC like Clemson and Virginia Tech, entices ND to join them some they can keep all of their TV money, and then probably throw a token invite to a strong mid-major to round things out (La Tech, Houston) or another guppie from the remains (Virginia, NC State).

Texas isn't going to be forced to anything.

4) ND follows Texas.

It's all designed to lure IOWA STATE to the BoneG.
#etchitinstone

If the Big 10 adds anyone else, it will be Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Virginia, or BC. Of course if ND or Texas wanted to join, the Big 10 would take them; I just don't see it happening.

WTF? More than likely, the Big 12 swoops up some decent football teams out of the ACC like Clemson and Virginia Tech, entices ND to join them some they can keep all of their TV money, and then probably throw a token invite to a strong mid-major to round things out (La Tech, Houston) or another guppie from the remains (Virginia, NC State).

Texas isn't going to be forced to anything.

Never said Texas was forced. We know they have had talks with ND and with the Big 10 in the past. Maybe this was a plan that has been put in place. Research Dollars for Texas would be a huge get. They can afford the extra travel. LHN could buyout, or be sold to BTN. ESPN might relish the chance to get out of that mistake.

Probably not likely, just something that crossed my mind with all this. Nothing would surprise me with realignment. Probably more likely the Big 12 goes hard after FSU and goes from there. I am sure they are watching the Maryland buyout very closely.

Texas isn't going anywhere they can't take the Longhorn Network and its revenue with them. And the Big 10 ain't taking the Longhorn Network.

Right now somewhere north of Des Moines, a ho-down just broke out in celebration of your breaking news.

#thesheeparegettingnervous

I can almost smell the natty light all the way from here :eek:

Texas won't ever agree to equal sharing of moneys. They have plenty if sway and revenue where they are. Big12 will get some good teams because they don't mind stoopid.

4) ND follows Texas.

In Delaney we trust.

zero chance as Texas and all members of the B12 signed a 13 year Grant Of Rights. This is better than any amount of buyout because if Texas were to leave then the B12 would retain their TV rights for the 13 years. Since realignment is all about TV revenue, you can figure out what that means.

Latest posts