is there even a remote chance

I don't know if I'd want him. I know that's pretty silly to say, but either your hearts here, or it isn't. I don't blame him for going to bama, id have a hard time saying no either.

Sure, there's a chance. Bama has 5 or 6 OL in the same class with him already, with maybe 1 more on the way. They signed 5 last year. He could easily ride the pine there for 3-4 years, or even get cut after 1 or 2 considering they will sign at least 5 more next year. Being a possible 3 year starter for Iowa has got to at least cross his mind, especially since that seems to nearly guarantee a player of being a 1st round draft pick by Jr. year.

He may, he may not. Here's the thing: Kids leave 'Bama with rings for sure, but with their post college football career shortened because of how Nick Saban pushes them. I have no issue with how he pushes them, because his job is to win college football games, not necessarily create professional athletes. Inherently, one leads to the other, but at a cost. RP, if he were to flip back, may or may not have a chance at a national championship ring, but he would leave school "younger" physically than if he had gone to Alabama. Either way, because he is an Iowa kid, I'll pull for him.

Sure, there's a chance. Bama has 5 or 6 OL in the same class with him already, with maybe 1 more on the way. They signed 5 last year. He could easily ride the pine there for 3-4 years, or even get cut after 1 or 2 considering they will sign at least 5 more next year. Being a possible 3 year starter for Iowa has got to at least cross his mind, especially since that seems to nearly guarantee a player of being a 1st round draft pick by Jr. year.

so you are saying there's a chance...

I completely understand his decision to go to Alabama. I also understand part of the issue was a 4-8 team, and the concern that the minions of morons would run KF out of town on a sleigh made of gold. Now that the team appears to be finding some footing, like KF, maybe Ross says, "hmmm, I grew up wanting to wear black and gold...maybe it's time to play ball for Iowa." Either that or the beauty of Tuskalooska is just too much for him...being from Iowa and all.

I don't know if I'd want him. I know that's pretty silly to say, but either your hearts here, or it isn't. I don't blame him for going to bama, id have a hard time saying no either.

Give me some kid who truly bleeds black and gold. Nothing against him for making a choice but give me another Gallery any day.

that ross from cedar falls spurns alabama and comes back to the hawks??

Do not want him. Alabama is full of 5 star recruits who have talent but couldn't give two ***** about Alabama. Iowa doesn't have a team full of blue chippers. This guy is NOT a Hawkeye, it's different than Alabama, when a team like Iowa has a blue chipper who doesn't care about the team it falls apart. It hurts chemistry, it hurts the player. He doesn't want to be a Hawkeye. Good. He's not. The last thing we need are kids that don't really want to be here.

RP has made his decision. I agree with the above comments. We have young men he will lay it on the line for the Hawkeyes. While as much as it would be great landing a highly touted recruit, it's already well known that KF is notorious for taking a tight end (Gallery) and creating the next NFL tackle.

I think there is a chance and I have no issue with RP flipping to Bama and back.

First, we need the dude.

Second, if you were a top prospect and you saw what Iowa was last year, I'd have serious hesitations about playing for that too. For someone like RP, millions of dollars are at stake. You don't let hometown bias affect a decision like that.

Now that he has more confidence that last year was a blip in the radar and not the norm, I fully expect that he is seriously giving the idea some real thought.

I'd take Ross in a heartbeat and so would you.

Nope. If we have a scholly and need a guard, give me Akron's or Miami of Ohio's recruit list. Give me a two or three star off of one of those lists and put that kid in the weight room with Doyle during a red shirt year. Kid will have a chip on his shoulder and will be glad to be playing BCS level football and will walk out of Iowa an all Big Ten caliber player.

Nope. If we have a scholly and need a guard, give me Akron's or Miami of Ohio's recruit list. Give me a two or three star off of one of those lists and put that kid in the weight room with Doyle during a red shirt year. Kid will have a chip on his shoulder and will be glad to be playing BCS level football and will walk out of Iowa an all Big Ten caliber player.

That is tempting OK4P, I know it's hard to resist. But sometimes you have to take in state players over those other kids just to keep interest up in the state.

Just ask JD, we don't have very much Div 1 talent.

He could come back in a couple of years, maybe he comes to the conclusion the SEC/Alabama culture isn't for him...come back with 3 years of eligibilty left I doubt it happens, but it would not shock if it did.

I am growing tired of you, and this meme :)

Latest posts