Is there an above avg QB and defense ready for return to 8-4 to 10-2

So what on Gods green earth makes you think Iowa should EVER beat OSU? You need to re-read what you wrote!
You know that there are a ton of "misses" when it comes to 5star players right? So Davis had one bad year and got canned, where is TX now? Still canning people (or letting coaches sleep with co workers) and looking for the problem. Maybe there was no problem and a couple of coaches misread or did not get what they thought they would out of some recruits, ON ONE year or maybe two. One bad year is not going to happen in TX, somebody has to be to blame. Now they are on what number of bad years? Anything tell you they have it turned around?

Olddude has got it right and I am not sure what football universe FreedCommmmmmmmanche is coming from.

I am not totally sold with GD's offense at Iowa because of WR shortcomings but he had outstanding offenses at TX and did well at Georgia and NCarolina. Mack Brown is an egotist that just had to fire people when he had a bad season to show it wasnt his fault.

Of course it is Mack Browns fault as he is head coach just as it is KF's fault ultimately for losing to inferior competition like ISU, Minny, indiana, CMU etc

Don't know what a derp is, but I suppose you are trying to degrade me. And it just breaks my heart. How can you do that to people??????????????????????????????

There is something that you aren't realizing, or you do realize it and are purposefully leaving it out. That is - Texas has the biggest athletic department budget in America. And I think OSU is second, but I don't think it's close. Point is that Texas should always have the best skill players. There were at least two years when ISU had a better running back than Texas. That should never happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read that again.

Also Texas should never have a drop off like they did under Davis. Probably don't have to tell you that ISU beat Texas one year. That should also never happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee, the biggest athletic dpt budget in America, drop off in talent at both running back & qb, and big drop off in offensive performance numbers - wonder if that's why he got fired????????????????

Speaking of big drop off, kinda sounds like his current boss.

FreedComanche

If Spank read this post, he would be pizzed off about all those question marks and exclamation points.

So what on Gods green earth makes you think Iowa should EVER beat OSU? We don't. Kirk beat them one year. Yes Jim Jones beat OSU 1 time in his tenure. You need to re-read what you wrote!
You know that there are a ton of "misses" when it comes to 5star players right? So Davis had one bad year and got canned, where is TX now? Still canning people (or letting coaches sleep with co workers) and looking for the problem. Maybe there was no problem and a couple of coaches misread or did not get what they thought they would out of some recruits, ON ONE year or maybe two. One bad year is not going to happen in TX, somebody has to be to blame. Now they are on what number of bad years? Anything tell you they have it turned around?

Total O stats at Texas over last several years

2004- 11th
2005- 2nd
2006- 26th
2007- 13th
2008- 11th
2009- 11th
2010- 74th GD fired
2011- 50th
2012- 37th

Thanks for helping me prove my point. I said "anymore". He couldn't do it anymore. Hey uihawk82, how did GD's offense pan out last year? Exactly.

2004- 11th
2005- 2nd
2006- 26th
2007- 13th
2008- 11th
2009- 11th
2010- 74th GD fired
2011- 50th
2012- 37th

Thanks for helping me prove my point. I said "anymore". He couldn't do it anymore. Hey uihawk82, how did GD's offense pan out last year? Exactly.

So because he had 1 bad season at Texas and then 1 horrible year with no talent what so ever at Iowa and you deem that "he can't do it anymore"?

So what on Gods green earth makes you think Iowa should EVER beat OSU? You need to re-read what you wrote!

"So what on Gods green earth makes you think Iowa should EVER beat OSU?"

You won't ever find me thinking, predicting or deluding myself into believing that Iowa will ever beat Ohio State.

Do you have any idea why you implied that I think that will happen?:confused:

FreedComanche

2004- 11th
2005- 2nd
2006- 26th
2007- 13th
2008- 11th
2009- 11th
2010- 74th GD fired
2011- 50th
2012- 37th

You seemed to be missing the point that GD had a top 15 O 5 out of the last 7 years he was at Texas. There are a ton of variables to why they dropped to 74th in 2010. Was GD at fault for part of that? Sure but sorry you don't have a run of top ranking O's and then somehow forget how to coach.

Also it's pretty clear he wasn't the entire issue and why the two years since he has been gone they were only ahead of 1 of the past 7 years under GD.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your short sighted argument.

his point was that iowa has beaten ohio state and he's equating it to you saying iowa state should never beat texas

Olddude has got it right and I am not sure what football universe FreedCommmmmmmmanche is coming from.

I am not totally sold with GD's offense at Iowa because of WR shortcomings but he had outstanding offenses at TX and did well at Georgia and NCarolina. Mack Brown is an egotist that just had to fire people when he had a bad season to show it wasnt his fault.

Of course it is Mack Browns fault as he is head coach just as it is KF's fault ultimately for losing to inferior competition like ISU, Minny, indiana, CMU etc

"Olddude has got it right and I am not sure what football universe FreedCommmmmmmmanche is coming from."

Yeah, don't respond to my points just attack. As for old dude. Read my response to him. I never have ever thought Iowa will ever beat Ohio State. Dont know where he pulled that out of.

FreedComanche

his point was that iowa has beaten ohio state and he's equating it to you saying iowa state should never beat texas

Ok, I'll restate it. Texas should never lose to ISU. Ohio State should never lose to Iowa. Besides, wasn't the last Iowa coach to beat Ohio State, Hayden? lol

Don't know what the heck is so hard to figure.

FreedComanche

Ok, I'll restate it. Texas should never lose to ISU. Ohio State should never lose to Iowa. Besides, wasn't the last Iowa coach to beat Ohio State, Hayden? lol

Don't know what the heck is so hard to figure.

FreedComanche

no, kirk has beaten ohio state once

So because he had 1 bad season at Texas and then 1 horrible year with no talent what so ever at Iowa and you deem that "he can't do it anymore"?

That's right. You can't have one bad season at Texas when you have that talent. He can't and isn't doing it anymore. We will just see who is right after this coming year. Now go back to your ma's basement and play with your beanie baby collection. Get good scrub.

That's right. You can't have one bad season at Texas when you have that talent. He can't and isn't doing it anymore. We will just see who is right after this coming year. Now go back to your ma's basement and play with your beanie baby collection. Get good scrub.

"You can't have one bad season at Texas when you have that talent."

That part of his response is correct. You have all the best national talent in your state most years and the best facilities and upgrades when ever you want. Gotta win every year at these type of schools.

Another reason why Davis got canned is because his boss was on the hot seat. Mack Brown was basically forced to fire some of his staff or he'd get fired.

FreedComanche

Latest posts