Is there an above avg QB and defense ready for return to 8-4 to 10-2

Yes, I was there. We smashed them. It was like 33-6. Something like that. Buckeye fans didn't say a word. It was a great day.

Ok, I'll restate it. Texas should never lose to ISU. Ohio State should never lose to Iowa. Besides, wasn't the last Iowa coach to beat Ohio State, Hayden? lol

Don't know what the heck is so hard to figure.

FreedComanche

Did you not watch the 2004(?) team with drew tate beat OSU bad at Kinnick. And the fact that the hawks had osu by the nads in 09 and 2010 only to lose late disproves your point.

And to all, I said GD's offense might not and probably wont work well at iowa unless he gets some surprising stud receivers. Guys who can get separation and make guys miss for big gains.

I hope everyone realizes that with some receivers like cj jones, brodell, solomon, hinkle, mcnutt and generally good running game Iowas offense will be fine if they have a qb who can deliver the ball.

Yes, I was there. We smashed them. It was like 33-6. Something like that. Buckeye fans didn't say a word. It was a great day.

The Buckeye fans next to us were cussing up a storm, left halfway through the 3rd.

It was a Dad and his two sons. The youngest was maybe 9-10 and he was cussing too.

It was classy as hell.

You know the defense everyone is bagging on gave up 22.9 points a game...good for 7th in the B10...one tenth of a point below Ohio State and Northwestern. So you could say 5th in the B10. Now I ask you, how many points do we give up if we have tOSU's offense or even NW's offense. You can't have arguably the worst offense in CFB (what #115) and say it didn't affect the defense. What our defense needed was our offense to sustain drives to keep them off the field...it didn't happen in any of the games we lost, outside of maybe Central Michigan. I'm not saying our defense was great by any measure, but they didn't suck and weren't the primary reason we lost six in a row. Our offensive execution was the primary reason we lost six in a row.

I think the defense improves this year...it has to as we played a ton of young players...especially on the DL. They are going to be better and honestly...they didn't suck...do we need a better pass rush...yes...do I think it will be better this year...yes. There are alot of guys that are in that "step up" phase of their development and should go well beyond a serviceable player. Alvis, who should be much better with another year of healing and recovery, Cooper, LTP, C Davis all should be much better. Throw in Spears, McMinn, Ott and Hardy and I think the numbers suggest a few emerge as above average players...Its what Iowa has always done...develop DL and OL talent. You also have Ekatite and J Johnson, and although a year away is my guess for these RS freshmen...who knows...these guys were highly rated players out of HS. I didn't expect Cooper to be playing like he was at the end of the year either. I think he was the best DL we had at the end of the year.

We will win at least 7 games next year...and 8 is my guess.

Did you not watch the 2004(?) team with drew tate beat OSU bad at Kinnick. And the fact that the hawks had osu by the nads in 09 and 2010 only to lose late disproves your point.

And to all, I said GD's offense might not and probably wont work well at iowa unless he gets some surprising stud receivers. Guys who can get separation and make guys miss for big gains.

I hope everyone realizes that with some receivers like cj jones, brodell, solomon, hinkle, mcnutt and generally good running game Iowas offense will be fine if they have a qb who can deliver the ball.

"Did you not watch the 2004(?) team with drew tate beat OSU bad at Kinnick. And the fact that the hawks had osu by the nads in 09 and 2010 only to lose late disproves your point."

Ok, I'll say it again. With as big of athletic budget that OSU has, and the fact that they have top recruiting classes means that they should never lose to Iowa. If they do lose to Iowa it means that the coaching is the reason why, as OSU will always have better talent than Iowa.

Iowa came close to having equal talent to OSU in 2010. The Hawks had the second most talented team in the big ten that year.

FreedComanche

"Did you not watch the 2004(?) team with drew tate beat OSU bad at Kinnick. And the fact that the hawks had osu by the nads in 09 and 2010 only to lose late disproves your point."

Ok, I'll say it again. With as big of athletic budget that OSU has, and the fact that they have top recruiting classes means that they should never lose to Iowa. If they do lose to Iowa it means that the coaching is the reason why, as OSU will always have better talent than Iowa.

Iowa came close to having equal talent to OSU in 2010. The Hawks had the second most talented team in the big ten that year.

FreedComanche

Wouldn't it have been easier to say "No, I don't remember?" Actually, this explains a lot. Me thinks you weren't born yet. Your sentence structure is incredible for a seven year old. Carry on young man, carry on.

Wouldn't it have been easier to say "No, I don't remember?" Actually, this explains a lot. Me thinks you weren't born yet. Your sentence structure is incredible for a seven year old. Carry on young man, carry on.

Hey, dumb dumb. He said my point was disproved. It was not and that's why I responded. Glad to see you have nothing better to do than be an annoying little gnat.

FreedComanche

I am still waiting for this stellar OL play. We routinely finish near the bottom of the big10 in rushing, and some years we can't protect the passer very well. JVB didn't get sacked a lot last year (minus the opening game), but that was due to him checking down within 2 seconds of receiving the ball....hence a crap load of 2 yard outs.

We have two guys coming back from injuries, and you just never know how they will recover. Some guys recover quickly, others seem to take a long time to get back to playing shape or form.

OL is a huge question mark, along with nearly every other position minus LB as we should all know what we're getting out of that group.

^^ This ^^
Most here have been deluded into thinking we have great Oline every year - look at all the guys in the NFL after all. The proof is that we rarely have a good offensive line... we do usually have one good offensive lineman.

That's right. You can't have one bad season at Texas when you have that talent. He can't and isn't doing it anymore. We will just see who is right after this coming year. Now go back to your ma's basement and play with your beanie baby collection. Get good scrub.

Wow, I enjoy the personal attacks, I really do. When you attack people personally, it only shows that you know little about the actually discussion and topic.

As others have stated having a bad season or two over a decade seems a bit extreme to say he can't do it anymore. I am sure if you go check all top 25 teams OC's offensive records, I am sure most if not all had a bad year or two.

The issue with Texas that is their fans are extremists. One bad season, they flip out. Much like the fans on this site, one horrible offensive season from the new OC and he can't do it anymore. Just like everyone hated KOK for years, most people who hated him are calling for him back after one season.

Fans are fickle, extremely fickle and it's sad and ignorant.

^^ This ^^
Most here have been deluded into thinking we have great Oline every year - look at all the guys in the NFL after all. The proof is that we rarely have a good offensive line... we do usually have one good offensive lineman.

What do you consider a great oline?

Considering KF doesn't push high powered offenses the stats are going to be low, he wants a slow game, therefore less snaps offensively, therefore less chance for padding the stats. Is that on the oline, I don't think so. If you look at the sacks that QBs have taken over the years alot of times it is on the QB for not reading the defense and seeing blitzes, WRs for not getting separation or getting open fast enough.

Latest posts