Is the Iowa vax rate off limits or something?

Full rate is 55%, single dose is 60 or 61 I think.

I'm not saying it's going to stay there, but Iowa's numbers have fallen off a cliff.
Iowa has done well.

So have adjacent areas of NW Illinois and SW Wisconsin.

JoDaviess County in Illinois, which is a summer playground for Chicago folks, has a double Vax rate of 72 or 73%. Yet because of Fat Pritzker kids have to mask up to begin the school year and for indoor sports like volleyball.

SW Wisconsin's Grant County, where I live, had an indoor mask mandate voted down by the board, much to the chagrin of the county health director who is a Covid Nazi. The Platteville school superintendent, who is just a plain Nazi, mandated it for his district and we are holding our breath that Cuba City has the sense to not follow suit.

School in Wisconsin starts one week from today, later than most as is the tradition.

If @HawkGold despises obese people I can only imagine what he think of his state's governor.

Last edited:
Full rate is 55%, single dose is 60 or 61 I think.

I'm not saying it's going to stay there, but Iowa's covid numbers have fallen off a cliff.
When they show that percentage, is it total population or just people eligible to get it? If its the latter, after removing kids under 12, the percentage is probably 70 or so. Could obviously be better. But the people who think the pandemic will go away if more people get a shot are going to be disappointed. I was one of those people a couple months ago. It's just not going to happen.

When they show that percentage, is it total population or just people eligible to get it? If its the latter, after removing kids under 12, the percentage is probably 70 or so. Could obviously be better. But the people who think the pandemic will go away if more people get a shot are going to be disappointed. I was one of those people a couple months ago. It's just not going to happen.
I think it's % of eligible.

Myself I'm not concerned with the percentage because if people choose not to that's their own deal.

Just like the hygiene theater that's been going on in this country for a year and a half.

Hard to believe, but we are about 3 weeks out from the 20 year anniversary of 9/11. Remember when you used to be able to leave Kinnick at halftime? Well, that isn't safe anymore.

Hard to believe, but we are about 3 weeks out from the 20 year anniversary of 9/11. Remember when you used to be able to leave Kinnick at halftime? Well, that isn't safe anymore.
I'll be the first.....

I remember where I was that day. I worked in video production for On Media advertising and came in early to work on some editing. I was so focused on getting going I didn't even turn the TV on in the room.

When the salespeople started coming in at 8am (okay 8:20 because their salespeople) they told me to turn the monitor on, that there was big news. I said, "Yeah Michael is coming back it will be all over ESPN." Mr Sales said nothing and turned CNN on instead.

So much for my editing. I stared at that TV for the next hour and forty five minutes. If I didn't have a commercial shoot to get ready for I might have stared at it all day. I certainly didn't feel like working the rest of the day I can tell you that.

Iowa has done well.

JoDaviess County in Illinois, which is a summer playground for Chicago folks, has a double Vax rate of 72 or 73%. Yet because of Fat Pritzker kids have to mask up to begin the school year and for indoor sports like volleyball.

SW Wisconsin's Grant County, where I live, had an indoor mask mandate voted down by the board, much to the chagrin of the county health director who is a Covid Nazi. The Platteville school superintendent, who is just a plain Nazi, mandated it for his district and we are holding our breath that Cuba City has the sense to not follow suit.

School in Wisconsin starts one week from today, later than most as is the tradition.

If @HawkGold despises obese people I can only imagine what he think of his state's governor.
Ha ha you mean Fred Flintstone,?

You missed my point. Covid would have been nothing much if not for obesity. It's still the main issue but the mutations may be changing that.

My point is that I don't want to hear about vax pressure until we address obesity.

Iowa has done well.

BTW greetings from Glacier National Park camping biking boating, and hiking. Good distraction.

I'll be the first.....

I remember where I was that day. I worked in video production for On Media advertising and came in early to work on some editing. I was so focused on getting going I didn't even turn the TV on in the room.

When the salespeople started coming in at 8am (okay 8:20 because their salespeople) they told me to turn the monitor on, that there was big news. I said, "Yeah Michael is coming back it will be all over ESPN." Mr Sales said nothing and turned CNN on instead.

So much for my editing. I stared at that TV for the next hour and forty five minutes. If I didn't have a commercial shoot to get ready for I might have stared at it all day. I certainly didn't feel like working the rest of the day I can tell you that.
I'll wear a mask for anyone. I'm not injecting something into my body until proven safe and effective and a better choice or until obesity is talked about w/o being taboo.

Ha ha you mean Fred Flintstone,?

You missed my point. Covid would have been nothing much if not for obesity. It's still the main issue but the mutations may be changing that.

My point is that I don't want to hear about vax pressure until we address obesity.
Fred has been eating lo cal veggie bronto burgers when compared to that tub of lard.

He actually made an appearance in Chicago about a week ago for some Wrigley Field ceremonies so you know is re election must be coming soon.

The Tribune and Sun Times both reported it as an unexpected solar eclipse.

If he wore blue and gold people would mistake him for a fotomat booth and drop off camera film.

When he goes to McDonald's the numbers change.

When he's in the buffet line they hand him a restrictor plate.

Last edited:
So we gotta be about done with this thing right? By done I mean as far as big numbers of deaths goes. The flu of 1918 had 3 waves over a year and a half time. After that it stuck around for years but wasn't really bad anymore.

When you figure the number of vaccinated people, the number of cases, and the percentage of cases that are unvaccinated, you would think we are running out of people without immunity. I'm glad for the most part we are powering through this 3rd wave. It should help speed the process up some.

So we gotta be about done with this thing right? By done I mean as far as big numbers of deaths goes. The flu of 1918 had 3 waves over a year and a half time. After that it stuck around for years but wasn't really bad anymore.

When you figure the number of vaccinated people, the number of cases, and the percentage of cases that are unvaccinated, you would think we are running out of people without immunity. I'm glad for the most part we are powering through this 3rd wave. It should help speed the process up some.
The same person that yanked us out of Afghanistan will, along with that cronie Dr. Grouchi, will make sure we are mired in this until the midterm elections, a tactic that I hope blows up in his face.

But as I have posted, we have too many people in this country who enjoy being scared, living in fear, blindly following authority, and basically living like sheep. They will follow blindly and pant like Pavlov's dogs over every morsel of gospel that duo can shove down their throats.

Still way too many antivaxxers out there who see getting the jab as an intrusion of their freedoms. The science behind the vax has been there for decades.

Oh and Trump made the deal to pull out of Afghanistan. One of the things I agree with him on. But his Covid response? Hell no.

Still way too many antivaxxers out there who see getting the jab as an intrusion of their freedoms. The science behind the vax has been there for decades.

Oh and Trump made the deal to pull out of Afghanistan. One of the things I agree with him on. But his Covid response? Hell no.
Did you read the deal?

Most people who haven't gotten the vax aren't "antivax". Most just don't think the virus is dangerous enough to bother with it. People like to pretend its because of misinformation from social media that makes people doubt the severity. But for most people, they form their opinions based on what's going on around them in real life.

For instance, on Twitter, I just read a comment that a guy had a family that was dropping like flies before the vaccine came out, but now no one is catching it anymore. It sounds like the virus is really bad and the vaccine helps a ton. But I don't live my life based on Twitter. In real life, I know 2 people who have died (both really old) and have heard of a couple people who got really sick. In a year and a half that's it. Just today I heard of 3 people who were vaxed and got it. My real life experience tells me to respect the virus but not fear it and to think the vaccine is probably a good idea but not really a big deal either way.

It's really really hard for someone to let stories they read online trump the experiences they see in real life. People probably need to let go of the whole misinformation bit. Not saying it doesn't matter at all. I'm just saying it doesn't make a big difference.

Also Trump has been out of office for too long to still pretend politicians can make a difference with a straight face. Hell Biden has 2/3 of the population vaxed and the numbers still suck. But since he's a Democrat it's a new variant's fault. Would anyone even mention that delta is more dangerous if Trump was in office? Or would it be all his fault still?

Natural immunity typically gives 17 years. Natural immunity is better. Flu shot science is known to make getting the flu worse when it mutates enough.

The vax doesn't keep you from getting covid. It protects the lungs. The science behind the vax indicates vaxed have higher viral loads which the could lead to mutations. To makes this work we need lower viral loads and a significant number of unvaxed healthy people. I wouldn't count on this going away soon. In the Spanish flu the US ran out of people that had no natural immunity from the earlier Russian flu.

When we get enough natural immunity it will go away.

Get yourself healthy....those who aren't. If you are healthy your risk is still very low.
The only way these numbers make sense is if the vaccine is causing more cases. I almost want everyone to be vaccinated just to see what they blame next. 2/3 of people are vaxed and a shit ton have natural immunity. The numbers should be dropping.

The same person that yanked us out of Afghanistan will, along with that cronie Dr. Grouchi, will make sure we are mired in this until the midterm elections, a tactic that I hope blows up in his face.

But as I have posted, we have too many people in this country who enjoy being scared, living in fear, blindly following authority, and basically living like sheep. They will follow blindly and pant like Pavlov's dogs over every morsel of gospel that duo can shove down their throats.
I dont see how it doesn't blow up. But I guess black people keep falling for the democrats shtick that they are their only hope. People afraid of covid will probably do the same. Are enough people still scared to make up for the people who are sick of it?

I dont see how it doesn't blow up. But I guess black people keep falling for the democrats shtick that they are their only hope. People afraid of covid will probably do the same. Are enough people still scared to make up for the people who are sick of it?
Race has nothing to do with it however. From the day this country was founded there have been people who were happy with whatever was crammed down their throats, and others who weren't afraid to step outside their comfort zone and take a risk or two. There are too many examples on both sides of the ledger in our country's history to even begin to list.

I'm not sure it's what they believe about Dems, but more which is going to offer more protection. The lesser of two evils.

Our local community is a lot like Cedar Falls only my town is more affluent and Champaign/Urbana (especially Champaign) isn't as tough as Waterloo. My town is more like Waverly in some respects on demographics except for income. Our local crime rate is incredibly low. Violence in the Champaign Urbana area is skyrocketing. Locally we are getting more apartments and seeing an influx of minorities. USA Day and Pride Day occurred on the same day. There was a big fight at the school involving students armed with Bible verses and US Flag beating up Pride shirt wearers. It wasn't really a fight it was an assault on a group. It spilled over the next day into the race, with a mixed-race family being assaulted by a group of young males leading to some broken bones. I don't pretend to know all the details, but I know quite well the boys involved in assaulting the minority family. I know them well enough (my relationship with them has been good and they have been in my home) to know they are Trump supporters (Right-wing Repuplicans).

Not saying there aren't issues on either political side, but you don't typically see leftist Dems assaulting minorities and those who support the LGBT community. I totally get how some the leftist policies can be harmful (I've never voted for a Dem for Pres or Senate), but my point is clear. I had been working with the school on bullying (not sure why we call assault bullying) and warned them of what was happening and coming. The school has already come out and said it was a disagreement between groups of different opinions that turned into a fight, but in this situation, there was clearly not a fight as it was assault.

Until Republicans (of which I am registered) are motivated to look internally the gap will continue to widen. I'm concerned though we are heading down a path going down through the valley.

The Dems being the only hope isn't accurate. Maybe the less undesirable hope to live peacefully in safety and being able to share in the American Dream.

Latest posts