Is the Big East Consipiring to take Run at Big 10 Teams?

I was recently in company with a financial donor to big twelve schools who has many inside contacts.

Really? A single donor who donates to multiple Big 12 schools? Hmm. Sounds fishy to me. Or was this a fancy way of saying "I talked to an Iowa State fan who severly dislikes the Big Ten and makes **it up." Those stats and figures must have been so overwhelming that you ... uh, forgot all of them. Nice.

I don't dispute you talked to someone who claimed all this, but I'm calling BS that the person you kept company with actually knew anything about anything.

Last edited:
Really? A single donor who donates to multiple Big 12 schools? Hmm. Sounds fishy to me. Or was this a fancy way of saying "I talked to an Iowa State fan who severly dislikes the Big Ten and makes **it up." Those stats and figures must have been so overwhelming that you ... uh, forgot all of them. Nice.

I don't dispute you talked to someone who claimed all this, but I'm calling BS that the person you kept company with actually knew anything about anything.

Hey to get inside info like this you can't just give to one school, you have to give to everyone in the conference. How else could you figure out that Nebraska no longer playing in Texas might hurt their Texas recruiting?

I was recently in company with a financial donor to big twelve schools who has many inside contacts. These contacts stated that the Big 10 is not in as good of shape as they think with the addition of Nebraska. In fact, they claim NE hurt their recruiting as they abandoned the TX TV market which was a pipeline state for them.

The biggest news is that these East Coast insiders claim to have it on authority that when the Big East lands a television deal it will be timed with also looking to get Penn State and Ohio State to join them. These insides believe the addition of these two along with the TV potential on the east Coast would make this the largest Media contract ever and hold historic paydays for the teams involved. The presentation of this argument was backed by some pretty good stats and other arguments of which I can't recall so I won't post them. I am putting this out here to get others opinions. I'd heard the Big10 was looking East but my most recent conversations have it turned around that the East is going to come get some of our teams. Anyone else heard this?

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you haven't already, consider the possibility that they might have been messing with you. Saying Ohio State might go to the Big East is like saying the state of New York might secede from the U.S. and incorporate itself into Canada. It's never going to happen.

Its tough to believe that the Big East will get a better TV deal than the Big 10.

The Big 10 has its own network, and is working a lucrative deal for the championship game. Even with out a championship game more people would watch Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan or Nebraska rather than any team in the Big East.

It would not be surprising for the Big East to break up. At this point they are a regional conference. The smart move for them would be to combine with the ACC.

This is a little off topic, but did you guys hear that Al's computer shack is going to acquire Microsoft in a huge merger/acquisition deal. I would get in on those stocks as soon as I could if I were you.

Living in Texas... if there's one thing that Big XII boosters like to do, it's talk. Give them an open ear and you're probably scheduled to lose an hour of your life listening to the advantages of a Big XII model and how the Ol'Southwest Conference will rise again.

On a similar note, I heard that Steve Deace will be leaving WHO to take a cabinet position with the Obama administration.

I was recently in company with a financial donor to big twelve schools who has many inside contacts. These contacts stated that the Big 10 is not in as good of shape as they think with the addition of Nebraska. In fact, they claim NE hurt their recruiting as they abandoned the TX TV market which was a pipeline state for them.

The biggest news is that these East Coast insiders claim to have it on authority that when the Big East lands a television deal it will be timed with also looking to get Penn State and Ohio State to join them. These insides believe the addition of these two along with the TV potential on the east Coast would make this the largest Media contract ever and hold historic paydays for the teams involved. The presentation of this argument was backed by some pretty good stats and other arguments of which I can't recall so I won't post them. I am putting this out here to get others opinions. I'd heard the Big10 was looking East but my most recent conversations have it turned around that the East is going to come get some of our teams. Anyone else heard this?
NOT A CHANCE!

Hope you are all prepared, the Mother Ship will be here at midnight to wisk us all to the land of college football greatness that is the East Coast. Wait....that didn't come out right!!

Latest posts