Is Steve Prohm History?

eyekwah

There has been a lot of news out of Ames following the abbreviated season. There were 3 recently announced transfers out and Haliburton probably to turn professional. Right now they have a roster of 9, 4 incoming freshman and 5 returnees from a team that lost 20 games. There is a long thread on CyFan on Prohm being fired now or after next year. Personally I don't think he will be the head coach after next season is over. A lot will depend on getting transfer or grad transfers to fill 3 spots on the roster. Iowa State did not get a lot of games on ESPN this past season so I did not watch much them but when I did they were a mess.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...p-complex-griffin-grill-transfers/2869236001/

Not likely with all this going on. Universities will be fighting for economic survival and this won't be a big issue. Attendance at games going to be way down, just from economics, not just social distancing.

There has been a lot of news out of Ames following the abbreviated season. There were 3 recently announced transfers out and Haliburton probably to turn professional. Right now they have a roster of 9, 4 incoming freshman and 5 returnees from a team that lost 20 games. There is a long thread on CyFan on Prohm being fired now or after next year. Personally I don't think he will be the head coach after next season is over. A lot will depend on getting transfer or grad transfers to fill 3 spots on the roster. Iowa State did not get a lot of games on ESPN this past season so I did not watch much them but when I did they were a mess.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...p-complex-griffin-grill-transfers/2869236001/
I don't believe that any of the guys that transferred were major contributors, so he could just be Creaning guys for something better. Not sure what he would get, but I'm sure he's looking at grad transfers, hoping to build on big guys, which they have/have coming in, and find some guards somehow to complete a lineup.

I don't believe that any of the guys that transferred were major contributors, so he could just be Creaning guys for something better. Not sure what he would get, but I'm sure he's looking at grad transfers, hoping to build on big guys, which they have/have coming in, and find some guards somehow to complete a lineup.
DJ Charlton ?

Watching their games, I am confused on what offense he runs. Looks like almost no movement or screens, just guys standing around waiting. I really think he got by on Hoibergs players and some lucky transfers/recruits.

And Foster blew us off for this?
Honestly, Foster is a bigger recruit than Ogundele, but Foster's always struck me as a player that plays soft. I don't mean to trash the kid, I think he'll be a good bb player. I just think Ogundele fits the B1G mold more. Does anyone know if Ogundele has a perimeter game?

Honestly, Foster is a bigger recruit than Ogundele, but Foster's always struck me as a player that plays soft. I don't mean to trash the kid, I think he'll be a good bb player. I just think Ogundele fits the B1G mold more. Does anyone know if Ogundele has a perimeter game?

I agree, despite the hype, I think we got a better role player and one who would be patient given the players we already have, but a finesse player and an enforcer is always a good combo. Not sure Foster would have been as patient if he was relegated to a sub role. Still, he seems to be going into a dumpster fire in Ames

I honestly like Prohm as a man and I think he does a lot of good things for ISU basketball off the court, especially the alumni weekend in the summer. I think he's the kind of guy you want leading a college program. So when I say I think next year is the last year for him I do say it with some sadness.

Perhaps he needs to pull out some Alfordisms...

"I don't know what will happen, it isn't a big deal to me either way, I am set for life."

Leadership 101 Steve Alford

Prohm will be know as the man who killed Hilton Magic. Thank you Mr. Prohm!

It was a myth anyway...propped up by questionable recruiting practices and lax academic standards. Only a matter of time 'til the big boys came to speak with Freddie. That's why he moved on

I think the biggest reason for it is that Johnny could never win on the road. He was decent at home, though.

To compare, ISU has won 74% of their games at Hilton. Iowa has won 76% at Carver. We win again.

I always thought he was kind of an "odd" fit in Ames, win or lose. He just doesn't seen to have that personality to match the Hilton atmosphere. I mean they used to have Johnny Orr who had personality and fire, Tim Floyd did as well, Larry Eustachay was well Larry Eustachy. All these guys were demonstrative and animated to a level. Prohm isn't at all.

Just an odd fit, IMO.

Probably will get out of dodge the way Alford and McDermott did. High level mid major job comes open and he bolts before he gets fired.
If he's smart... Stay one step ahead of the posse even if it's a step down. At least that's a new start. I still don't understand how Alford got the UCLA job to begin with Even after his run at New Mexico he hadn't ever done squat really. Perpetually underachieved. .... But whatever

Latest posts