Is Sparty Falling Apart?

We broke them

I think there is something to this. We beat them down in Iowa City. They were without their best player, Valentine, and expected to get revenge in East Lansing. We go to East Lansing, a place we had not one in over 20 years, they have their best player back, the crowd is nuts, and we bury them worse than the first time. I believe we took their manhood that night, and they have yet to find it.

People are overreacting. Kansas just lost to OSU on the road. OSU was only a couple of spots higher than Nebby before that win. Road losses to bad teams happen. MSU has the talent to beat any team in the country. They will turn it around, probably after this embarassing loss. Also keep in mind, Nebby has MSU's number. I think that's three in a row they've beat them now.

As a Iowa fan, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. My guess is we drop to one Purdue in Carver on Sunday.

It is. 2 wins in a row at the Breslin Center too. That's not easy. I could see us dropping to Purdue also :/ We'll see though. It's only a matter of time.

It is. 2 wins in a row at the Breslin Center too. That's not easy. I could see us dropping to Purdue also :/ We'll see though. It's only a matter of time.

Any team that can lead us by 19 for a half can beat us in our building. I'm concerned about that one, especially if we don't force turnovers or have a cold shooting night.

As a Iowa fan, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. My guess is we drop to one Purdue in Carver on Sunday.

I hope not. It will be the same as the football season. Everyone is talking about a run at the title and saying how much they love the program, and as soon as we lose one the populous of HN will want Fran fired immediately and all the players sent to a gulag.

I hope not. It will be the same as the football season. Everyone is talking about a run at the title and saying how much they love the program, and as soon as we lose one the populous of HN will want Fran fired immediately and all the players sent to a gulag.

More than likely it will be the people who are saying pump your breaks now that will be saying fire Fran win we lose. The optimistic people that are hoping to win the conference will be the ones defending Fran when we lose.

I don't understand how someone thinks that people who are overly optimistic after wins magically become overly pessimistic after losses. That's not how personalities work.

I don't understand how someone thinks that people who are overly optimistic after wins magically become overly pessimistic after losses. That's not how personalities work.

Next you're going to tell me that different people with different personalities post on message boards

Last edited:
Iowa losing to Purdue wouldn't be the other shoe dropping. Purdue is good.

I would have been happy to go 2-2 against Michigan State and Purdue. I want to win Sunday. I think we will win Sunday. But 3-1 is better than 2-2 so it's a no lose situation for me.

We won by less at Rutgers than at Michigan State. Things you didn't predict pre season.

From the perspective of being on track for a #1 seed in the tourney, losing to Purdue is the shoe. You're right, it's not the end of the world. But losing a game we should win would be a set back. A loss at Maryland is expected.

I'm thinking the Hawks go undefeated throughout the B10 slate. The basketball team wants some of the pie the football team got this year, and it will be the greatest thing to ever happen in sports...especially when you consider the expectations going in. ;)

I'm thinking the Hawks go undefeated throughout the B10 slate. The basketball team wants some of the pie the football team got this year, and it will be the greatest thing to ever happen in sports...especially when you consider the expectations going in. ;)

If Iowa wins the next 2 games I might join you on that bandwagon.

From the perspective of being on track for a #1 seed in the tourney, losing to Purdue is the shoe. You're right, it's not the end of the world. But losing a game we should win would be a set back. A loss at Maryland is expected.

A loss to purdue doesn't end 1 seed chances and a loss to maryland isn't expected

I would have been happy to go 2-2 against Michigan State and Purdue. I want to win Sunday. I think we will win Sunday. But 3-1 is better than 2-2 so it's a no lose situation for me.

Yeah, but wouldn't losing to purdue automatically make it a "one loss situation?"

Latest posts