Is Sparty Falling Apart?

It's hard to claim sparty was good in name only considering the teams they beat in the non conference. They're in a funk for sure. Iowa may very well lay a few eggs as well before the season is over. As long as they don't do it in the tourneys

speaking of falling apart...

UNI? they have turned into bad losses for UNC and ISU.

I haven't heard any gruffing and moaning this year about letting some in-state talent go to the Panthers. Why is that?

A name doesn't win you games... just ask Nebraska football
In Sparty's case, it did in the BigTen until two beatdowns from Iowa.

Izzo said there's blood in the water and the sharks are circling.

Tom, you're going to need a bigger boat.

Same thing that happened to the football team is happening to the basketball team. Schedule is making them look better than they are. MSU is ranked on name only. Maryland will be a real test for this team. We beat them, and we're real. Until them, we're no different than the 12-0 football team, vaporware.

MSU has beaten Kansas, Providence, Louisville and Florida this year. You can argue that they aren't the same team since Valentine's injury if you want, but they were no paper tiger.

MSU has beaten Kansas, Providence, Louisville and Florida this year. You can argue that they aren't the same team since Valentine's injury if you want, but they were no paper tiger.

Early season games don't mean jack. Coaches are still figuring out rotations and players haven't hit a groove yet.

Watched this game. Nebraska just flat outplayed Sparty on their home court. Not much else to it. MSU made 11-18 3 pointers and still lost. They really are falling apart. Makes me question how they were #1.

FWIW, Izzo has mentioned that his team is nowhere near the best team in the country. He knows it and so does everyone else. Remember MSU last year though? They were unranked for a good portion of the season and ended up making it to the Final Four. That team always finds a way in March.

A number of valid conclusions:
1. The rules enforcement definitely has affected MSU defensively.
2. MSU's inside players are not as good as in the past.
3. The injury bug has been a factor with Valentine missing time and now Nairen.

I would also say the point guard play is bad, too many turnovers.

Sparty right now:
200.gif

Same thing that happened to the football team is happening to the basketball team. Schedule is making them look better than they are. MSU is ranked on name only. Maryland will be a real test for this team. We beat them, and we're real. Until them, we're no different than the 12-0 football team, vaporware.

Your tight spinchtered, Iowa fandom is making you say stupid things

Yeah, tell that to the selection committee.

The ebbs and flows of a 30 game season have no merit when you're a weirdo who lets 18-22 year olds effect your emotional status to the point that it makes you say really dumb things.

Sparty is in disarray right now, but Iowa has had a lot to do with that. The team is still talented and Izzo is one of the best coaches in basketball, I'm sure they will get it back together. Even good teams lose games once in a while, just look at the recent results of the teams in the top 10.

People are overreacting. Kansas just lost to OSU on the road. OSU was only a couple of spots higher than Nebby before that win. Road losses to bad teams happen. MSU has the talent to beat any team in the country. They will turn it around, probably after this embarassing loss. Also keep in mind, Nebby has MSU's number. I think that's three in a row they've beat them now.

As a Iowa fan, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. My guess is we drop to one Purdue in Carver on Sunday.

Latest posts