Is NW the biggest game of the Ferentz Era?

WinOneThisCentury

The Brian Ferentz Era at offensive coordinator? I'm thinking it is. He needs to show he can out-gameplan an opponent with two weeks to get ready...and NW played last week. You know, Ken O'Keefe used to throw to set up the run in certain games. I can remember Stanzi coming out and throwing 7-8 straight passes to start a game. I'd really like to see that. I know Stanley's a young QB, but it's time to take the training wheels off. Let him force the defense to change for once.

2 weeks to prepare and it would not surprise me if this is the game plan and result:

wil-e-coyote-running-into-wall-o.gif

No not hardly. There have been so many games where we have come out of a bye week and looked worse than we did before the bye.

This week game will probably determine if we are going to end up on the top or bottom half of the division and nothing more.

The most important game of the Ferentz era was the Big10 championship that we barely lost keeping us out of the playoff.

Last edited:
I just know that every time we go to some crap Bowl, there is a high amount of people on here preaching that it's another month of practice for next years team. The only problem is that nothing changes, nobody gets better, same stale play calling remains in tact. Therefore, a bye week to Iowa means zip.

well, considering the Brian Ferentz OC era is 6 games long, and the 7th game is extremely important, I'll agree with you.

It is the only way to look at it. KF isn’t retiring this year. Pick KF’s retirement date and this game will have very little to do with his successor .

I just know that every time we go to some crap Bowl, there is a high amount of people on here preaching that it's another month of practice for next years team. The only problem is that nothing changes, nobody gets better, same stale play calling remains in tact. Therefore, a bye week to Iowa means zip.
I wouldn't say zip. Rest and healing.

brian's self evaluation was that he was perhaps the reason the offense stagnated, at times. this will be a pivotal game. if NS has reached a point where he can now command the offense and he and the wr's are on the same page, then the offense must start going through him, a la chuck long. if we see that this week, then we have, perhaps, turned the corner into a new ferentz era.

The Brian Ferentz Era at offensive coordinator? I'm thinking it is. He needs to show he can out-gameplan an opponent with two weeks to get ready...and NW played last week. You know, Ken O'Keefe used to throw to set up the run in certain games. I can remember Stanzi coming out and throwing 7-8 straight passes to start a game. I'd really like to see that. I know Stanley's a young QB, but it's time to take the training wheels off. Let him force the defense to change for once.

Yeah that Big Ten title game a couple years back or most every game that season...............just meaningless compared to this YUUUUUUGE northwestern game on Saturday.

Yes. It is. Biggest game. EVER. It's all anyone talks about. I'm quite surprised there is only one thread dedicated to such a tremendous matter.

Latest posts